Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

air filter oil

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Sypro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air filter oil

i was wondering if you could use like wd-40 as air filter oil. i rember one time i used prolong for air filter oil and my nitro sport was going fast as hell, prlly reallly bad for the motor. but what can i use for air filter oil? cant i just use the nitro fuel becuase after the nitromethane evaporates it leaves behind all the lubricants that are in it. do i even need air filter oil anyways? im really parinoid because i want this thing to run perfect, and if it dont there will be hell to pay[:@]
Old 05-20-2004, 06:34 PM
dirtbrosbmx

Default RE: air filter oil

id go with the suggested air filter oil just because the oil was ment to catch any extra dirt that could slip through, but it is safe to run without oil you just have to clean your filter more
Old 05-21-2004, 01:07 PM
mattyk6

My suggestion is to go to a motorcycle shop and buy a bottle of their air filter oil. You get a lot more oil for the same price.

Matt
Old 05-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

For lawnmowers, weedwhackers et. al., they say to use SAE-30 motor oil (not the same thing as 10/5W-30, BTW!!).

So I'm guessing that'll be fine for RC, too...at least better than WD-40, as I think that's just too thin.

For lubrication and/or as an afterrun oil, WD-40 is fine. But air filters aren't using the lubrication qualities, it's the adhesive 'gooiness' that traps the particles. Too thick, not enough airflow. Too thin, not enough filtration. Hell, I'd bet Karo syrup or Mazola would be better than WD-40!!

Dean
Old 05-21-2004, 04:39 PM
allen0622

I thought I read somewhere you could use Transmission fluid, it's red just like the stuff the T-Maxx comes with, and the Fluidz brand filter oil I use is also red. But I wouldn't just go and use it because it's the same color til I knew for sure. I'm positive I've read it somewhere before.