Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

trx 2.5 question

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:01 PM
Kemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: trx 2.5 question

Hey you are a Mad Force Twin Force guy.... how do you like them? obviously you like the MF if you dropped in a Wasp 26.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
popa71

ORIGINAL: BIG BOYZ TOYZ

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!!!
TRX 2.5 IS A VERY FAST ENGINE BUT IT WILL NOT HOLD IDLE EVEN AFTER THE RUN IN .
I OWN A T-MAXX AND I'VE CHANGED 3 ENGINES ALL OF THEM HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
FORGET IT !!!!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TUNING .
SWITCH TO A SIRIO 18 OR PICCO 21 MEDIUM BLOCK. OR IF YOU CAN PAY MORE SWITCH TO A XTM CONV. WITH 24.7.

SORRY TO UPSET YOU BUT THIS IS THE FACT
I think it all comes down to who is tuning it. I have had three of these engines and they have all been easy to tune. None of them ever had to be rebuilt. And all of them were run in pretty good. Some of us have no problems at all with any of the 2.5s we have owned and some of us have problems with all the 2.5s we own. i think there may be some user error in there somewhere. The Maxx 21 is not a great engine and the sirio 18 was not as great as expected, I ran one in my Maxx and couldnt even be tuned with the turbo head installed. I felt my maxx actually lost some top speed with the siro 18 and I also lost the ability to pull wheelies on command Now the 24.7 is a great engine but the New Era conversion is not refined. The Revo is fast enough with the 2.5 if you know how to tune it!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:14 PM
popa71

The other day my 2.5 cut out for the first time in over a gallon of fuel. It had been running so well I couldnt believe it. OOPS it ran out of gas. I think you need to spend more time learniing how to tune the 2.5 because this engine is pretty good!!!!!!!
ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Well there you have it, those are the FACTS! lol. Go easy on the caps man. Both 2.5 engines i have run and idle exceptionally well. I'll admit the 2.5 is picky to tune. Once you get it, its gold. The 2.5R is alot nicer, and never gives me any problems. Just be patient tuning, and you'll get it. Sounds like big boy has 3 engines he doesnt know how to tune.

ORIGINAL: BIG BOYZ TOYZ

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME !!!!!!
TRX 2.5 IS A VERY FAST ENGINE BUT IT WILL NOT HOLD IDLE EVEN AFTER THE RUN IN .
I OWN A T-MAXX AND I'VE CHANGED 3 ENGINES ALL OF THEM HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
FORGET IT !!!!
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME TUNING .
SWITCH TO A SIRIO 18 OR PICCO 21 MEDIUM BLOCK. OR IF YOU CAN PAY MORE SWITCH TO A XTM CONV. WITH 24.7.

SORRY TO UPSET YOU BUT THIS IS THE FACT
Old 10-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Head-n-1/2

I've tuned alot of engines over the years , some cheap some not-so-cheap but NONE of them ever gave me the headaches that the 2.5 did. The only way I would have another one would be if someone gave it to me , then I would put the hammer to it too. Also to rccars411 Yes I think the madforce rocks once you get a few small bugs worked out, and the twin I made into a crawler(too many mods to list , I don't want to jack this guys post)
Old 10-08-2004, 06:32 PM
motionmachine

I wont bother commenting further, you experts obviously dont need my help.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:58 PM
lstman

when engines are 100 bucks, you get what you pay for. the mach .26 and the .15 maxx are both cheap. and cheaply built compared to the 300 dollar engines. screw it. run them till they die. drop a hundred bucks and get r done!! i beat the crap out of all my engines. i got like 6 or 7 gallons out of the t-maxx engines. then i threw them. as soon as they lose compression there in the trash. dont know about the mach yet im in the first gallon. but i will do the same if it lasts 7 gallons.