RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

a must for madforce

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 09:35 AM
hyper8
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a must for madforce

glad all the people that have a madforce love it I think its great its a truck of a different kind anyway the best thing you can do for your truck is change the metal disk brakes to a fiber one hpi part#a844 its for the rs4 what a difference its awsome no more fullspeed just tap the brake and endo flip it 6 times.also I have a question I havent had a problem yet but anybody have a problem with the chain and bottom plastic sprocket seems like the chain streched a bit ?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:38 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: a must for madforce

Option B is to add the rubber brake pads from mugen. This is the route I took.

At about $4.50, it's a bargain. You have to glue them to the metal brake pads, clean the mounting holes, and make sure they slide freely on the mounting bolts.

With the fibre brake, it's an easier exercise - install it!. You will be paying $10-15 for HPI's upgrade fibre brake.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:48 AM
ThermalRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: a must for madforce

With metal disc brakes on ANY vehicle, they will be sensitive, and even noisy until they are broken in a bit. I always smooth my edges on any 8th scale buggy, or any vehicle with metal discs. Take some crocus paper, and start polishing the discs. Especially any vented areas. Make sure when you re-assemble them that the discs are lined up. You dont want it assembled with too much drag brag, but you dont want them jingling around like a bell either. For a better braking feel use a spring on the brake rod. It will give a nice feel to it. On top of that if you use a nice radio, learn to adjust TDB, and EPA. Hope this helps.

Matt