Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Best Monster In Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 12:42 PM
Evader 53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Monster In Your opinion

I currently have an Evader, and am looking to move up to monster trucks. Could you please post in your opinion, one of the most durable trucks out there.

I'd appreciate the help! Thanks!
Old 05-22-2004, 12:53 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Best Monster In Your opinion

Savage isnt a good truck?? Its like one of the best trucks, most durable.. Best basher and off roader. Only thing the savage aint to good at is racing. What have you heard about the savage thats bad? And you better not say i heard it from a t-maxx owner.

Well anyways, The LST isnt out yet but i think thats gonna be the best truck.. And for the trucks that are out right now i like the Savage, Mammoth, and Mad Force. But Savage is definatly the most durable.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Evader 53

alright.....well I'll have to think twice about the savage. Since I am planning on doing some heavy bashing I'll just look into that car a little more. Thanks [8D]
Old 05-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Mxracer45

For heavy bashing your best bet is the savage. Next up is the mgt or mammoth.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:33 PM
popuptoaster

This is gonna turn into a flame war i can see it, but here goes.

IMO the savage is the toughest for bashing, but in all other respects apart from price (and looks?) its beaten by the MGT which is

easier to work on,
easier to tune,
handles better,
jumps better,
faster over rough ground (i know the on paper stats, but the suspension gets the power down better over the bumps)
bigger (if thats important)
has reverse (usefull for a basher)

The early trucks had a weak gear and weak lower A arms, both these have been uprated on the more recent ones and are better. I have only broken mine twice since ive had it, but both times its been cheap parts (bumper, suspension arm) and a 10 minute repair.

3 times actually, broke a steering knuckle as well.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:34 PM
ThermalRD

No, not in my experience, and many others. THe savage is the best basher so far, but i would NOT place the MGT, or Mammoth behind it. I would say the Mad force has to be one of the best. I never broke a thing on that truck.

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

Old 05-22-2004, 01:36 PM
sn0wrider

do you really want a truck that everyone has? i dont, most durable truck out there is MGT and Mammoth...the mgt needs a better engine, but once u put a 24.7 in that sucker ur set..the mammoth is ready to bash, 52mph out the box..
Old 05-22-2004, 01:45 PM
popuptoaster

No, not in my experience, and many others. THe savage is the best basher so far, but i would NOT place the MGT, or Mammoth behind it. I would say the Mad force has to be one of the best. I never broke a thing on that truck.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

But the Madforce has rubbish handling and jumps like a little old lady on rollerskates, it never goes fast enough to get broke. I like the looks of it though, its one of my personal favourites, not buying one though, cos it drives yukky. OK if all you wanna do is wheelies across your front lawn i spose.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Vanquish24

Yup i would agree with popuptoaster the Mgt is a great basher, im not saying its the best but it sure is durable. I just got back from jumping it at the local park and it is very tough.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:09 PM
speed lives

This is gonna turn into a flame war i can see it, but here goes.

IMO the savage is the toughest for bashing, but in all other respects apart from price (and looks?) its beaten by the MGT which is

easier to work on,
easier to tune,
handles better,
jumps better,
faster over rough ground (i know the on paper stats, but the suspension gets the power down better over the bumps)
bigger (if thats important)
has reverse (usefull for a basher)
-easier to work on, i agree thats the only thing i dont like about the savage.
-easier to tune, who cares there all so simple to tune all u gotta do is use a screw driver and turn a little screw my savage holds its tune so well i never have to retune it
-jumps better, savage has so good of aircontrol its not funny, and theres no way mgt suspension can take as much as a savages.
-handles better, Can't say nothing about this 1 never drove a mgt, but my savage handles rough ground like nothing.
-better over the bumps, just stick to the facts this is an opinion
-bigger, i dont know if i would want a truck thats any bigger then the savage
-has reverse, if savages came with reverse i would have tooken it out and threw it away

So basicly everything you said is all personal opinions because i disagree with just about every one of them. And you said u only broken yours 3 times, how hard do you jump? Thats another factor, I jump mine off a 13ft high table top at full throttle going down a steep hill so probly going 50 mph. And launch a good 25-30ft in the air and come slam down straight into the ground about 100 times aday and ive only broken it a couple times and they were minor parts. So that just proves savage jumps better.

Not trying to start a flame war either just stating my opinions.
Old 05-22-2004, 03:20 PM
flak monkey

But the Madforce has rubbish handling and jumps like a little old lady on rollerskates, it never goes fast enough to get broke. I like the looks of it though, its one of my personal favourites, not buying one though, cos it drives yukky. OK if all you wanna do is wheelies across your front lawn i spose.
Heres my opinion of the mad force...
1. The mad force is a real monster truck and not a truggy
2. It jumps very well! Watch any of the videos, or better drive one! and you will see that
3. It does 43mph stock, which is by no means slow! And i have heard of people crashing flat out and only breaking a suspension arm..a $10 fix on a MF! (And thats for a pair...so then you have a spare!)

The driving style is different to the truggies as it has a higher roll centre...

The mad force has stunning articulation stock etc, and you dont need to hop it up before you can run it. It will do a lot more than just do wheelies on your lawn...

All in my opinion

Anyway what does it matter? You all argue about trucks all the time. Who gives a s*^& if one is faster than the other. You buy them cos you like them. All trucks now are easy to tune and drive. After that you look at availability of parts. Then you pick from your remaining list the one you like the best...not the one that someone says is the best. All of the trucks out are individual, you just need to pick the one you like.

If you want to race (and it also seems you want to brag about how 'fast' they are) buy a truggy. If you want a 'real' monster truck buy a mad force or other solid axle/ladder chassis truck.

Cheers,
David

PS cant we all stop starting threads about which truck is better? They are all good in their own ways...
Old 05-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

IMO>>>TMAXX<<<IMO
Old 05-22-2004, 09:57 PM
MAMMOTH TOUGH

if all you want to do is bash go savage if you want to race go Mammoth or MGT If you want to Go fast GET THE MAMMOTH I have one and I like it alot It is alot faster and more durable then most trucks out there.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:38 AM
fourwheeler

Monster GT is my favorite for the moment but the LST will probably dethrone it, and nobody has even mentioned the Revo?!?????!??!
Old 05-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Mxracer45

THe revo isnt out yet, so how can we say its durable?
Old 05-23-2004, 04:15 PM
fourwheeler

Neither is the LST..I was just wondering if anyone had noticed that the LST is getting all the hype and the Revo is not.
Old 05-23-2004, 04:55 PM
ThermalRD

I noticed it. In fact, when i was at my LHS asking about pre-purchases i found out that NOBODY has pre-paid for a Revo yet. I also found out that the LST's are all spoken for at most shops here in Michigan. Personnally i love the Revo. However i had to choose one to have first, and i went with the LST. I'll be setting some money aside for the Revo.

Matt

ORIGINAL: fourwheeler

Neither is the LST..I was just wondering if anyone had noticed that the LST is getting all the hype and the Revo is not.
Old 05-23-2004, 06:37 PM
The Boss

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well IMO I think thhe REVO-lution will be OVER-lution before it starts.

How many of you thought about what "revo" means spelt backwards lol.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:39 PM
brokeit
My Feedback: (3)

I love my savage ss but i can't wait to get the LST it looks and sounds like its going to be the one to beat.
Old 05-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Sypro

I must ask,, what make the mammoth a truggy?? Is it a truggy just because it has a 24.7 buggy motor in it??
Old 05-23-2004, 09:28 PM
fourwheeler

Could it be that the Revo is from Traxxas and that company is known for producing alot of kits so there will be plenty of them?
Old 05-23-2004, 09:34 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Sypro

I must ask,, what make the mammoth a truggy?? Is it a truggy just because it has a 24.7 buggy motor in it??
a truggy is a jacked up buggy. it has larger suspension arms and bigger tires and the drivetrain is a little different. but the main thing that seerates the truggies from the mt's is that on a truggy the driveshafts dont go below the center chassis, they stay above the chasssis (like on a buggy).
Old 05-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Duff_Beer_12oz

In my opinion i think the revo will only be good at racing. If you put enough money into it although then it could be good in everything. If you pop a fantom 27 into a weightless revo....that thing will fly. I just think that because of it's weight, size, and traxxas reputation of making breakable trucks it won't be that great without being more durable. If you accidentally slam that thing into a wall at 40mph it will be totaled.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:39 PM
Mxracer45

Sypro LOL the 24.7 is no buggy motor. Just because its in the x-t doesnt mean iuts a buggy motor. Its intended for mt's. Thats why it doesnt have aklot of rpms but alot of torque.
Old 05-24-2004, 03:22 PM
jmangone23 tzs

i know ppl with a savage and mammothh and they pick the t-maxx over both

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.