RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Spending money!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 08:21 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spending money!

Now I know allot of us love to buy parts for are trucks but, when should I tell myself to slow down? I just bought a Supermaxx last month then I bought UE Diffs,CVD's, UE FOC, UE Clutch kit and a new Fantom .27 engine about 2 weeks ago. Today I bought RPM A-arms for my XTM converted Maxx along with some UE Supershocks, a New CNC head, make that 2 CNC heads, Roto start backplate for the New Ofna .26 (at $109 I almost bought 2 of these as well) I got for it and a set of MIP Shiny CVD's and a RC Ravens Ti Rollcage. Someone hit me in the head! Oh, never mind my wife will take care of that!
Old 06-02-2004, 08:36 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spending money!

Now I know allot of us love to buy parts for are trucks but, when should I tell myself to slow down?
My general rule is not to go into debt. Nothing I buy for any of my hobbies go on a credit card.
As long as all my bills are paid, and my normal weekly amount goes into the savings account and checking account, any extra is mine to do what I want with.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:44 PM
R/C Madman

I cut up all the crdit cards years ago! I only use the debit card to buy things online and 9 times out of 10 it is something to do with R/C's!LOL
Old 06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Q8 RC

you can slow down by finishing your money loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Old 06-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

I stop when the truck is done. [sm=RAINFRO.gif]
Old 06-02-2004, 10:02 PM
ThermalRD

Hey, if you got the money, and you can afford it, go for it. Its not like you are spending it on drugs, its a hobby! Just be sure to spoil any kids you have, and your wife too. That is if you have a wife and kids.

Matt
Old 06-02-2004, 11:42 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

it will never stop, NEVER...unless you completly get out of hobby which is like telling a bird don't fly anymore

BLING BLING
Old 06-03-2004, 12:14 AM
RC Jack

If you are able to make some or most of your parts, that's a real plus, as you're not dependant on exhorbatant, slash, inflated RC parts prices. This isn't to say that some parts can't be bought, just do some research, such as some shocks, like Kyosho & OFNA HD shocks, whose shafts have a tendancy to bend with ABUSE, replacement shafts can be bought for 1/10th the price of a new set of shocks.

Ever since I got back into this sport/hobby, all I see is everyone spending tons & tons of money on RC parts, trying to outdo the other guy. Half the stuff out there is crapola and the other half is overpriced. So, where do we draw the line? There is no line to be drawn, as evolution is part of the process. There will always be room for change; there will always be something better coming down the pike. What it all boils down to is Do I NEED it or WANT it? If YOU...NEED it, then, maybe you should seek therapy. () But, if your truck needs it, then it needs it, however, if your truck WANTS it, then, both, YOU AND YOUR TRUCK NEED THERAPY!

Seriously, it's a hobby and you will spend money and what's acceptable to you may not be acceptable to someone else, but, it's YOUR money and YOUR chosen hobby.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 AM
R/C Madman

My wife thinks I need therapy big time![sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

This hobby is so addictive there is no need to question yourself.....just follow the urge or you will go mad!![X(][X(]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:14 AM
R/C Madman

Just look at my Name! I am already there!
Old 06-04-2004, 09:26 AM
Frost_

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Hey, if you got the money, and you can afford it, go for it. Its not like you are spending it on drugs, its a hobby!

Matt
What...........?

Like drugs aren't a hobby? There is nothing better after a hard days work than a hit on the 'ole trusty crackpipe to make you bounce off the walls!

heh, I hope you guys know I'm kidding. If crack is your hobby, that's ALL you would spend your money on.

[8D]
Old 06-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Element

I didnt spend as much money as you but I'm broke

I bought a New Bumper,Servo Mounts,Steerign kit,Servo and Magentic Mayhems for my Clod The usual repairs for my mt2 and new socks and shoes( wheels and tires) for my evader.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:46 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

i spoil my son with this hobby bigtime. the bills are being paid. but my wife thinks that therapy is in my future for this hobby. every time i walk in the door i have a bag from the hobby store.and she looks in the bag thinking she gets a present and the look comes over her face that i have seen many times before. that there is nothing in there for her. and i feel great thinking that even thow im sleeping on the couch that my truck is going to perform great the next time i run it. is that a need for therapy or what. this is my life rc trucks , work , beer and oh yea my wife in that order.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:09 PM
nurch

If anyone's wife thinks you should seek therapy, remind them that a hobby is cheaper than a shrink! The bills from both areas will prove it true!
Old 06-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Savage_Dias

Don't go into debt for R/C gear. It makes you think twice when you want to get another R/C. lol
Old 06-05-2004, 12:29 PM
nurch

Well, I might want to suggest everyone to try and get your significant other into the hobby as well. Just try it. At least they will get off your case for the most part since they know you tried to get them in. And don't just say, "hey hun you want to get this? No? Oh well!" Just try. They will leave you alone usually when you play with your hobby. I know it worked for me in the past. It has also worked for 7 other people I recommended this idea to. It MIGHT work for you guys as well!
Old 06-05-2004, 01:38 PM
jefx

I've tried getting my wife involved, but she just isn't into it. On the other hand though, she doesn't bother me about it, she understands that it's something that makes me happy, and she knows there are far worse things that I could do with that money.