Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

losi lst motor swap

Old 05-26-2004, 05:59 PM
fiddybucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi lst motor swap

does anyone have any ideas what other motors will fit in the lst that have more power?

when i get mine i want to swap out the motor before I run it.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:11 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: losi lst motor swap

Anything with a .21 size mounting block. So you could safely put an RB .28, or a TOP .28, or any of the .26's, 24.7 pro, etc.

Matt
Old 05-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: fiddybucks

does anyone have any ideas what other motors will fit in the lst that have more power?

when i get mine i want to swap out the motor before I run it.
Doesnt need it, if you dont think 2.75 hp is enough than i cant help ya bud.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:46 PM
fiddybucks

i thought there might be a better motor for it than the stocker, and i could swap it out and sell the mach never run.

what is the best motor in that size for all around use?
Old 05-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Puffnstuff

I just replaced the s25 in my savage with the mach 26 and it screams. Why in the world would you want to replace it?
Old 05-26-2004, 11:11 PM
nurch

I would definitely swap my Dynamite engine out for even that OFNA Hyper 8 port engine! Better yet, the Wasp .26, or the Picco .27, or even the Fantom .27 engine!
Old 05-27-2004, 12:21 PM
fiddybucks

so which one is the best?
Old 05-27-2004, 12:28 PM
rcblaze

None there is no best IMO. They are all very close and setup is more important then engine when comparing the above mentioned. I have experience with all three above the fantom being so new still getting time on that one. But the picco .26 and 8p are on the same level.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

so which one is the best?
Even though I don't have one, I feel safe in saying the RB TM-28 engine is gonna be the best big-block MT engine you can get....PERIOD.

http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...00-000105.html

RB is KING of high-end motors, on and off-road (buggies). This is their first MT-specific engine, and although RB doesn't release HP figures, it's definitely near or at the top. The Sirio .27s (reg. & 'Pro" models) are probably close behind, but at $350, the RB is strangely LESS costly, I believe, than the Sirios, even though their modified racing engines often get to the $600+ range!

BTW, what is the TOP 28 ThermalD refers to? I've never heard of it.

Dean
Old 05-27-2004, 01:16 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Deandome

BTW, what is the TOP 28 ThermalD refers to? I've never heard of it.

Dean
Im referring to the upcoming Novarossi TOP .28 engine. Very high end company. It will have the black head, instead of the Orange RB head.

Old 05-27-2004, 01:53 PM
rcblaze

You sure about that? The RB that is. From what I'm reading it's not even the race version. I think time will tell. Don't get me wrong I love RB's but I have beaten them with less expensive motors time and time again. It really is all about setup and gearing. The engine thermal is refering to looks like the ticket. Can we get a price and some specs? Thats should be the race version. Correct me if Im wrong thermal but Novarossi and Rb are pretty much the same right. And if so the standard .28 say's 3 ports but the RB say's 5 one transfer. What's the deal?
Old 05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: bcash

You sure about that? The RB that is. From what I'm reading it's not even the race version. I think time will tell. Don't get me wrong I love RB's but I have beaten them with less expensive motors time and time again. It really is all about setup and gearing. The engine thermal is refering to looks like the ticket. Can we get a price and some specs? Thats should be the race version. Correct me if Im wrong thermal but Novarossi and Rb are pretty much the same right. And if so the standard .28 say's 3 ports but the RB say's 5 one transfer. What's the deal?
Im not sure on the price. I'll do some searching around, and see what i can come up with. As far as im concerned, nothing beats the quality found in the OS, RB, and Novarossi motors. Yes, the RB, and Novarossi motors are pretty much the same. As far as the porting, i really cant say. Im sure that the TOP and the RB are both excellent motors. You just have to ask yourself if its worth the 350 dollars. I wont decide on another motor until i see the new OS engine.

Matt
Old 05-27-2004, 03:08 PM
Nitro10

Lots of good info on the RB forum.....Most of the guys are saying the TM is not as strong as the WS's.
Old 05-27-2004, 04:15 PM
ThermalRD

But how do they compare to the common MT motor? Like the picco .26, wasp .26, fantom .27, and the XTM 24.7 pro. Not many people are gonna buy a WS7 motor and have a pullstart modded to fit these monsters. I loved myRB WS7, but honestly, i cant see paying 350 for a motor. That motor would have to last me 13 gallons or more to be worth it. The power really isnt the issue with me, i find the picco .26 provides plenty enough grunt for any MT in my collection.

Matt
ORIGINAL: Nitro10

Lots of good info on the RB forum.....Most of the guys are saying the TM is not as strong as the WS's.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Tweedybird

Fantom 27 going in my savage, will wait for other motors to get reviewed more, by the time I kill the fantom they'll be something bigger and better. with more reviews

Twedy
Old 05-27-2004, 10:08 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correct me if Im wrong thermal but Novarossi and Rb are pretty much the same right. And if so the standard .28 say's 3 ports but the RB say's 5 one transfer. What's the deal?
RB and Novarossi are not pretty much the same. You could say that Novarossi, Rex, and Top are pretty much the same. RB engines are not designed by Novarossi and do not share engine internals (such as crank and sleeve design).
Old 05-28-2004, 04:23 AM
nurch

I must also advise that RB Concepts never really publish engine specs. It is not their practice. For them to do so is quite unorthodox. However, I must agree that RB engines are really great engines. But again, I would not pay my life savings for one. A Fantom, OS, or any other low cost motor can perform just as well with proper gearings and tuning.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:46 AM
rcblaze

Thanks tweety for clearing that up. So safe to say that's why the Rossi is 5 port and the rb is 3. I think the 8p rossi must be a monster. As far as spending goes on these mills the money is always well spent. You can try and compare a picco .26 to a C5 but if you have had both you know the deal. I have found that it is all relative if you know what your doing then you can make a 150 8p race keep up easily with a 250 RB S72 but for a newbie that would all but be impossiable. Either way I'm way off topic I say the picco is more then enough for the LST even the Mach might be enough. In my MT I like my accelaration to be the best it can be.
ORIGINAL: i8tweety

Correct me if Im wrong thermal but Novarossi and Rb are pretty much the same right. And if so the standard .28 say's 3 ports but the RB say's 5 one transfer. What's the deal?
RB and Novarossi are not pretty much the same. You could say that Novarossi, Rex, and Top are pretty much the same. RB engines are not designed by Novarossi and do not share engine internals (such as crank and sleeve design).
Old 05-28-2004, 09:21 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nurch

But again, I would not pay my life savings for one. A Fantom, OS, or any other low cost motor can perform just as well with proper gearings and tuning.
There are 3 versions of the Sirio .27, 2 of which are MORE $$ than the RB .28

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...io&FVPROFIL=++

Again, I don't have a big block, nore plan to need one soon, but at $350, isn't the RB .28 kinda a BARGAIN for RB? And is or isn't it 'better' for MTs than the Sirios, Novas & even the Fantom, which I thought were primarily buggy engines?

What would make an engine be deemed more buggy or MT-specific??
Old 05-28-2004, 09:49 AM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: Deandome

What would make an engine be deemed more buggy or MT-specific??
Before all the monster truck madness the term "buggy" engine was just used to differentiate an OFF road motor from the on road motors. The internal difference is usually a more durable con rod, and the on road sometimes has the Turbo plug. Which was said at one time to be too delicate for off road. However, things seem to change over the years. The new TOP .28 is an off road motor, but has a turbo plug head. Kinda like the new WOT break in procedures. 4 years ago you wouldnt find many people even utter the words of a procedure like that. Now they recommend it. Honestly, the as long as you are looking at OFF road motors i dont see how one would be a buggy, or a MONSTER truck specific engine. Sure the larger .24-.28 size engines produce more torque, but much less RPM. So a good .21 geared right will still have plenty of low end punch, and an excellent top end. Either way, these new BIG motors are becoming very common, and more HIGH end companies are making them.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:02 PM
fiddybucks

so what would be the best motor? the rb? and would i notice a big difference over the stock one?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:09 PM
fiddybucks

?
Old 05-31-2004, 02:19 PM
ThermalRD

Yes, im sure you will see a HUGE difference with that RB .28.

Matt

so what would be the best motor? the rb? and would i notice a big difference over the stock one?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:47 PM
fiddybucks

i found that novarossi .28 for 345.00. should i buy that instead of the RB. I found a thread about someone having the RB apart and it has none of the porting work that the novarossi has. I am wondering if the porting would make it worse for a monster truck because it must sacrifice low end.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:59 AM
rcblaze

Were did you find the Novarossi?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.