My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Reorganizing the car forums- your input needed

We are considering reorganizing the Car forums to make them better reflect the needs and wants of our members.

Personally, I'd like to see manufacturer based sub-forums rather than product specific. For example, I think a Traxxas forum is more appropriate than a T/E Maxx forum as it will include the stampede, T&E Maxx, and new Revo.

Without your input, it will be hard to make this the best RCU for all of us. Please post your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks,

i8tweety
Car Forums Moderator
Old 05-28-2004, 08:27 PM
Spudnik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Reorganizing the car forums- your input needed

i think that there should be a common area for monster trucks ect, and a factory area. It lets you find what you want faster.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:38 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tweety i would believe to agree with you. Because i own my own forum, it would sound as a good idea but i didnt do it because the regular monster "stadium truck" and "monster truck" boards would seriously be dead. But now that you think of it, a forum like this with sooo many members your idea sounds good. I would personally like too see specific boards for each manufacturer. XTM, thunder tiger, associated, losi, traxxas, etc etc...... It would be much easier for ppl to find out what and where they are looking for things witha forum with so many boards and members. Just hope it gets done soon i would like to see.[8D]

Good luck, and the site is amazing as it is now, but will be even better soon[8D] Good luck!

Also, would all the original posts and threads of the st and mt boards be deleted?
Old 05-28-2004, 08:39 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

we would never delete any threads or posts. they are all "golden" as far as we are concerned. Some threads might be moved to the manufacturer specific forum to organize things a bit better
Old 05-28-2004, 08:43 PM
Mxracer45

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

we would never delete any threads or posts. they are all "golden" as far as we are concerned. Some threads might be moved to the manufacturer specific forum to organize things a bit better
As i figured. Thanks for letting me know that admin. What are your thoughts on reorganizing?
Old 05-28-2004, 09:50 PM
joules

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think general classes like monster truck, elec cars, 1/8 scale buggy, 1/8scale on road ect., with sub classes by vendor.
J~
Old 05-28-2004, 11:43 PM
slago

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I personally would NOT want the savage forum to be cluttered up with anything other than Savage posts. I bet the T-Maxx guys feel the same way.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:12 AM
sn0wrider
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yeh, i say you make a forum for every manufactur..their is so many flame wars, like mxracer loves to flame about me
Old 05-29-2004, 11:14 AM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would also Like to see sub forums but when someone posts in a sub forum it would also go to a main mt forum that way someone whos is looking for a new mt doesn't have to go to 10 different forums for information it will also help people like me that Like to get info on t-maxxs and savages even though I don't plan on getting one any time soon.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:02 PM
fhm101

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Something I find frustrating here and on most every other rc car forum I frequent is the lack of a specific section for racers, be it MT, 8th buggy, etc., etc. I hate to ask a racer specific question in a general area only to have to wade through multiple, usually flip replies from non racers that think what we do is silly, too expensive, too boring, etc., etc., to get an answer if another racer happens to see my question. Perhaps a racer specific section with subsections for each type of rc car racing. It would be a great time saver, and you know how obsessed racers are with time.
another thing that would be nice would be more participation from the manufacturers and distributors of the products we use. Who better to help with questions and problems than the folks that actually make and/or sell the stuff?
Old 05-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Savage_Dias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I say leave it the way it is. If someone new wants a monster truck they go to the monster truck forum then find Savage, MGT, & Maxx sub forums. If someone was looking for a monster truck & didn't know much about manufacturers it could take forever to look through forums for every manufacturer to find out if they even make a monster truck. Someone with little R/C knowledge might waste a lot of time trying to find the Serpent monster truck or trying to find out what kind of history Associated & Losi have with monsters.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:03 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Perhaps I didn't explain my thoughts clearly. I wasn't suggesting removing the general general forums, but rather making the very specific sub-forums less specific. Currently in the monster truck forums, there are the following sub-forums : T/E Maxx, HPI Savage, Associated MGT. I was suggesting changing them to Traxxas, HPI, Associated (along with adding other MT manufacturers if the following is large enough). These sub-forums were set-up to allow product specific questions/comments.

Again, please provide your comments and suggestions below.

Thanks,

i8tweety
Old 05-30-2004, 10:33 PM
fourwheeler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The subforums are good as the members with that particular truck can easily ask questions and find answers about the truck they drive. But the general MT forum has gotta stay too as I love to read about all the trucks even though the wife won't let me buy one of each
Old 05-31-2004, 07:33 AM
R/C Madman

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It sounds like a good idea to me! Go for it!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:40 AM
Savage_Dias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wouldn't that drastically reduce the amount of posts in the general MT forum? If every forum is manufacturer specific the general MT forum will be for flaming other trucks & members telling new members to go to the manfacturer's forums. It just doesn't make much sense to me why someone with a Stampede would ask someone with a TMaxx about upgrades. I guess I'm missing the big picture here since there are other ways that RCU could be improved other than segregating users.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:43 AM
slago

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The more I think about it, the more I think you should just leave everything "AS IS." When any other truck becomes as popular as the TMaxx, Savage, MGT then you can start a new sub-forum for them too. Until then, I like it the way it is.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:54 AM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

How about a Sub-Forum Called "Wicked's Trucks"

I like the idea of a manufacturer based sub-forum. However, since I only own Tamiya trucks I would likly be spending all my time in the one forum, but I do like to check out other trucks also. What about your idea with a Member MT pics sub forum also???
Old 06-01-2004, 03:39 AM
monst@r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fhm101

Something I find frustrating here and on most every other rc car forum I frequent is the lack of a specific section for racers, be it MT, 8th buggy, etc., etc. I hate to ask a racer specific question in a general area only to have to wade through multiple, usually flip replies from non racers that think what we do is silly, too expensive, too boring, etc., etc., to get an answer if another racer happens to see my question. Perhaps a racer specific section with subsections for each type of rc car racing. It would be a great time saver, and you know how obsessed racers are with time.
another thing that would be nice would be more participation from the manufacturers and distributors of the products we use. Who better to help with questions and problems than the folks that actually make and/or sell the stuff?
I agree .. The only thing I see missing is a Racer's section. I see rock crawlin' and drifting, but no racing?
Old 06-07-2004, 08:27 AM
rcblaze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

As is is fine or just add more sub-forums based on need. Please add a race section that would be a great idea.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree about the race section. Anyone who would want to start racing could come in and find out the basics and go from their. Others could share ideas and tips and what not. Great idea indeed.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Bush Wacker

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There should be a bashing section because when I get on to the nitro stadium I dontlike reading about racing I wanna hear about big jumps and parts breaking.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I agree ont eh racign and bashing forums I'm just now getting into racign and need help on setups and stuff liek that.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:19 PM
Rex2342

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Are you talking about doing this just in the MT section or all sections?? If only in the MT section what about the companies that only have one MT like Losi, AE, and HPI? The Traxxas section would be good since they have all the different types Maxx's and the new Revo coming out.Other companies like Ofna, Kyosho, Tamiya, CEN, and a few others with multiple MT's could also have manufacturer sections.This all of course will drastically cut down traffic in the General MT section though.Alot of guys will just stick to their sections and the general questions like "What MT" or "MT1 vs MT2" would go unanswered. I like the idea of a racer section! Maybe we could put in a Monster truck Racing forum where everyone could exchange setup tips and discuss racing no matter what truck they're driving.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:17 PM
RC SNYPER

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i agree with tweety
Old 06-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Some other forums have manufacturer specific general sub topics, and they all have VERY low post count... All of the
posts end up in the higher level general topics.

I guess I am not too picky, but I LOVE things the way they are. With that said, here's my .02-

I don't think it's a bad idea to join all Traxxas MT's though since they have a pretty full stable- good idea.

I would love a vintage car forum... I have a lot of nostalgia for the 80's kits when I was a kid... I am sure
it would get good traffic. More advertising!!! I would personally head up the vintage forum (nudge, nudge)

Here is my idea for the car section-

- RC Car General Discussions
- Vintage RC Car discussions
- Drifiting
- Monster Trucks
---HPI Savage
---Team Associated Monster GT
---Traxxas MTs
---Nitro Stadiums
---1/8 scale buggies

and so on and so on...

So what I am saying is... Throwing Traxxas' trucks in one local, and adding a vintage forum!

I do somewhat agree on the racer's section... People could talk about really nitty gritty dialing in setups and things.
Off road racers / On road racers (seperate)

Drifting could probably move under the On Road Racers section

Oh, and there was another forum about car specific ads in car forums! Good idea. All of those plane ads are WASTED
on me personally. Whoever owns a plane is on the plane forums anyways. Seems a waste of strategic advertising
to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service