Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Servo saver for Hitec hs 5645

Old 05-30-2004, 02:58 AM
rdmonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo saver for Hitec hs 5645

I recently installed a hitec hs 5645 ultra torque digital servo in my savage.I used to have it in my tmaxx and never had a problem with it.I used a Kimbrough servo saver and it worked but the steering was very weak.The saver looked kind of small and wimpy but I mail ordered it so I tried it.The turning radius was huge.I also put the traxxas saver on and it worked a little better but the steering was still spotty.Real tight radius w/min. throttle on pavement much much worse when at speed on grass.Guessed that the extra weight of the savage was overpowering the tmaxx servo saver.On to the stock savage servo saver which promptly spit its guts out on the floor.What I'm guessing is that the 5645 is simply to powerful for my stock savers.I saw a high strength model from kimbrough online that says for use only with metal geared servos so I guess thats the one I need.I'll go to my lhs on monday.The stats on the servo I believe are 168in/oz at 6 volts.Its a monster!!!So!!am I on the right track here.I'm not stupid I just want to be extra sure before I go to the shop.I love the servo.It made the steering on my maxx so freakin' fast that I had to turn the dual rate control on my radio almost all the way down.Thats what I want for the Savage!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 11:10 AM
Tweedybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo saver for Hitec hs 5645

I recently installed a hitec hs 5645 ultra torque digital servo in my savage.I used to have it in my tmaxx and never had a problem with it.I used a Kimbrough servo saver and it worked but the steering was very weak.The saver looked kind of small and wimpy but I mail ordered it so I tried it.The turning radius was huge.I also put the traxxas saver on and it worked a little better but the steering was still spotty.Real tight radius w/min. throttle on pavement much much worse when at speed on grass.Guessed that the extra weight of the savage was overpowering the tmaxx servo saver.On to the stock savage servo saver which promptly spit its guts out on the floor.What I'm guessing is that the 5645 is simply to powerful for my stock savers.I saw a high strength model from kimbrough online that says for use only with metal geared servos so I guess thats the one I need.I'll go to my lhs on monday.The stats on the servo I believe are 168in/oz at 6 volts.Its a monster!!!So!!am I on the right track here.I'm not stupid I just want to be extra sure before I go to the shop.I love the servo.It made the steering on my maxx so freakin' fast that I had to turn the dual rate control on my radio almost all the way down.Thats what I want for the Savage!!!
Good choice of servos, I went with the 5945's myself.
as for servo savers, I am also doing the mod, but I'm doing the MP servo mod, I researched the kimbrough, and the stock setup, and in recent reviews I've found that the stock is just as bad if not worse than the kimbrough, I've read that the Kimbrough starts out strong but soon after gets very bad. I've read numerous reviews about the MP saver, and have yet to find anything less than good reviews.
After I complete mine and run it I will let you know how the reviews hold up to the 5945's.

Tweedy Bird