Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

is kyosho mega force good mt?

Old 01-23-2003, 07:38 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is kyosho mega force good mt?

is kyosho megaforce a good one..of the four choices which one would you pick megaforce ,terra crusher,tmaxx or savage?
Old 01-23-2003, 01:46 PM
Bluehydro8

The maga force is actually a very good truck, people don't give it as much credit as they should. This truck is also very fast, it might even be faster than t-maxx. This truck even has a built in wheelie bar to keep it from fliping. Try this truck it will not dissapoint you my friend.
Old 02-23-2003, 05:48 PM
flycasterjosh

Hi Guys, just an FYI, the car with the wheelie bar that will spank the T-Maxx is the Mad Force, not the Mega Force.

I have a Mega Force, and if you are new to Nitro and want something that is a bit easier to work on down the road, get another vehicle. The way this is set up is pretty complicated, and no, it is not nearly as fast as the T-Maxx (it only has one gear, not two).

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2003, 06:10 PM
caseyddr

yah it only has one gear so it is NO WHERE near tmaxx speed, actually it only tops out at 18.1mph but outta the 3 id choose Tmaxx
Old 02-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Alteramod

well, really 1 gear dont make a difference.
I mean really 1 gear compared to 2 only makes a difference on take off. My buggy has 1 gear and it is faster than my friends savage. The only thing that matters is the amount of teeth on the gears. Aslo, have any of you seen the mega force race with a t-maxx. Another thing where do you get 18.1 mph cause your way off, I dont care if your just messing you should say that then and say things you know are facts! <---- opps that should be a
Old 02-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Alteramod

oh yea out of the 3 I would get them all.... really.
no i would go with the t-maxx or savage...
Old 02-23-2003, 07:57 PM
caseyddr

1 gear makes a huge difference...

and I quote....
"The Kyosho .15 engine lanched the MF hard off the line, but almost instantly wound out with a top speed of 18.1 mph. If the MF had a 2 speed tranny, there's no doubt it would be able to run with the Terra Crusher."

haha told you! its in the May 2002 RC Car Action where they compare the Megaforce and Terra Crusher.. No need to say the Terra Crusher blew it away in all aspects. they even said Tamiya might have jus made the best small-block monster truck yet.

How dare you think I would say something with out support!! :sunsmiley

edit: also when you talk about gearing, make sure you know what you are talking about, because your statement is totally wrong.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:01 PM
Alteramod

but like I said It matters how many teeth are on the gears... Im sure that if it had different amount on the gear it would go faster.... but thanks for correcting me on the 18.1 seems a little low dont you think though. Maybe a misprint?
Old 02-23-2003, 08:04 PM
caseyddr

not really because its a small engine with so much weight compared to a onroad or stadium truck. The size is jus that much bigger, and although you may be able to change the gears, it wont improve the MPH that much.. maybe 2-3 Mph at best. I mean you could always buy a bigger engine for it :-/
Old 02-24-2003, 12:18 AM
yunt2chat

I have a stock megaforce and would say that it goes faster than 18 mph. I also have a 2.5 tmaxx and that thing goes. I would have to guess but it seems like it runs about 25 mph or better although I have not clocked it yet. If the tires were not so large on the megaforce it would probably do better, I'm looking for a different set to try. The megaforce is not very wide though. I would buy savage or tmaxx
Old 02-24-2003, 12:25 AM
caseyddr

what you think maybe logical, but your still wrong you can't argue with stats. A stock rustler would beat it in a drag hehe, but it does have incredible torque for its size, and can climb basically anything unless it flips over... but like ive been saying go with the Terra Crusher, got rated 1 of the best small block monster trucks available.

edit: stock rustler electric that is haha
Old 02-25-2003, 01:24 AM
JWash1

Seems to me that someone out there is Confused.
Mega Force and Mad Force are two Very different Trucks.
Old 02-25-2003, 01:28 AM
caseyddr

Originally posted by JWash1
Seems to me that someone out there is Confused.
Mega Force and Mad Force are two Very different Trucks.
are you refering to me?
Old 06-05-2003, 05:52 AM
budlhtfan

i have the mega force and when running smooth i stay right with my friends sportmax. if you compare it to a truck with a two speed tranny its no comparison but how can you compare it to a truck with a two speed when the mf dosent. the only problem i have had id the engine getting really hot. other than that no problems here.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:12 PM
cookmi1

I have a Mega Force also, I also have a Savage. There is no comparison in Performance and speed. The Savage could run circles around the Mega Force. I replaced the Engine in The Savage with the Ofna Hyper 8port .21... pheeewww. I am in the process of modding the Mega Force with the Original Savage engine, looks like I will have to extend the Mega Force about 1 to 2 inches for the engine to fit... I will probably blow the Tranny right out of it.. Anyone have any suggestion on a good 2 speed tranny that might work in the Mega Force.....Wonder if the 3 speed Mad Force Tranny would fit????????????
Old 06-09-2003, 06:21 AM
tjmaxx

I like the T-maxx the best it is a very nice truck. It is also a good race truck. The mega force goes 20 mph I think but it is set up for low end it has tons of pulling power. It might be able to out pull a T-maxx or a savage.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:46 AM
cookmi1

Well guys, I am almost finished the modification to the Mega Force. I did not have to extend the frame like I thought. Come to find out it was all exhaust and a throttle fix. I will post some pics when it is complete
Old 06-10-2003, 12:51 AM
hitler75

How does the MAd Armor compare with Mega Force and Mad Force?
Old 06-10-2003, 01:10 AM
Legendary

Default From what I understand,

The MAd Armor is the same as the Mad Force with a different body on it!
Old 06-10-2003, 01:13 AM
hitler75

That's my thought as well. So why is it they are selling it with such a big price difference? $400 for Armor and $320 for Force
Old 06-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Legendary

Default This is the difference!

The difference between this kit and the Mad Force is that this kit
has a Humvee body, different sticker set, and longer rear dogbone.

I don't know where you can get a Mad Force for $320 but, the difference in price at Tower is $50! $429 for the Mad Force and $479 for the Mad Armor! Maybe it was in Kit form for $320??
Old 06-10-2003, 01:32 AM
hitler75

It's cheaper at a Hong Kong website. $400 for stock Armor and $320 for Force. If they are more or less the same, I wonder why Kyosho come out with 2 different trucks...
Old 06-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Sigmun

Hey guys, another megaforce owner here.
Well basically the engine is a little weak for such a big and heavy truck explaining the low top speed. I've changed to a 16T clutchbell. Top speed became slightly better with respectable torque.

cookmi1: how did the .21BB go?! Man i would love to hear the performance. Any pics c'mon post 'em. There was a guy who fitted a hyper 4 port in his at rcmt who is now gone but he said there wasn't any problems so far.

I can't wait to hear the performance increase!!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:10 PM
cookmi1

Well, so far it is going pretty well. I had to drill new mounting holes for the engine and redesign the exhuast to come straight out of the back instead of the side. I also had to reconfigure the throttle linkage, since the .21 BB has a slide carb. The only thing holding me up is a trip to the local hobby shop to get a piece of tubing to join the header and pipe together... I will have pics coming soon. Hopefully this weekend..
Old 06-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Sigmun

Yeah........i can't wait still lol....
Hope you get it done. How about give a test report about how's the truck's holding up. If the tranny doesn't pose any problems........it'll be soooo cool. I wanna do the same hehehehe...
I'll be waiting.......thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.