Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Almost Done

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Tweedybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost Done

Almost done with the new savvy, still have to dial everything in with the Motor, linkages, and paint the body, but so far so good.

Tweedy Bird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25145.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	139423   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76853.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	139424   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze85569.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	139425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu58127.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	139426  
Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Almost Done

Looks good![sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 AM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spinners? What were you thinking ?

Looks pretty good. You've got me chomping at the bit for Savage SS that's arriving on the 21st.

Later,

i8tweety
Old 06-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Mxracer45

Looks good, i dont care for the rims though. Good luck.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Nitro10

Mxracer45

i dont care for the rims though
Some people don't care for you MX.....but they don't tell you.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:01 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Nice, i got my savage ss 2 months ago and love it.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:07 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Nitro10

Mxracer45

i dont care for the rims though
Some people don't care for you MX.....but they don't tell you.
Well that was real called for. Just saying i dont like the rims. Not putting down the person himself because he did a fine job on building the truck. Its just i disagree about the rims. I know many people who dont like you.....but they dont tell you.
Old 06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

pimpin

i see that you got 3pk, what reciever are u using?
Old 06-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Tweedybird

Spinners? What were you thinking ?

Looks pretty good. You've got me chomping at the bit for Savage SS that's arriving on the 21st.

Later,

i8tweety
The spinners are actually for my escalade body and will only be used for the street look I just put them on when I finished the truck to see how they looked, and they look pretty awsome! :P

Tweedy
Old 06-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Tweedybird

thats the one HRS all the way!

Tweedy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv66068.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	139459  
Old 06-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Nitro10

MX says

Looks good, i dont care for the rims though.
Since the mod didnt like my comment...I will refrase it.

Mx.....lots of guys here spend alot of time and money on their truck....it was very gracious of you to let him know how you dont care for his rims. There is something very satisfying about building a kit truck....so why pee in his cereal and say you dont like his rims? If you dont have anything positive to say about the mans truck keep it to yourself.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:32 PM
popuptoaster

ORIGINAL: Nitro10

MX says

Looks good, i dont care for the rims though.
Since the mod didnt like my comment...I will refrase it.

Mx.....lots of guys here spend alot of time and money on their truck....it was very gracious of you to let him know how you dont care for his rims. There is something very satisfying about building a kit truck....so why pee in his cereal and say you dont like his rims? If you dont have anything positive to say about the mans truck keep it to yourself.
i dont think he was being insulting, he just expressed his opinion, I dont like spinners either, it all gone a bit to far if you cant tell someone you dont like wheels!!

Why should someone be able to post a pic of something and only expect positive opinions??? im sure he's not so fragile thats he's gonna jump off a bridge because of it. The world is going mad, a forum, is for OPINIONS and ideas to be shared on. flippin hippy do gooders.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Nitro10

Ok toast I will bite. What good came out of Mx telling tweedy "I dont care for you rims"? The man obviously likes the rims....I mean he chose them to photograph his truck. He didnt ask for opinions on his rims....but since you have jumped in here on this go ahead and tell Tweedy DIRECTLY you dont like his rims either. I know Tweedy could care less about what you or Mx thinks about his wheels but this is about principle.

I also believe everyone has a right to an opinion but if you dont like something on a mans truck (dealing with cosmetics) why tell him? Whether its paint, bodystyle, rims with spinners etc. These items are personal .....why not do the right thing and say nothing?

I looked at your photos of your cars and rc truck Toast but that doesnt give me the right to tell you what I think about them.....does it?
Old 06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Even his fellow Car Moderator said "Spinners? What were you thinking" what's the big deal? I posted pic of my Supermaxx and some said they did not like the Purple but, hey that why you post pictures! To see what others think![sm=idea.gif]
Old 06-04-2004, 04:49 PM
popuptoaster

I don't think that being quiet if you don't like something IS the right thing to do personally, i think that as long as your not hurting anyone deliberately then you are almost OBLIGED to voice your opinions.

Most of us don't need babying, going through life only hearing the good stuff does nobody any good.

We PAY people to criticize things, a like or a dislike can spark an interesting discussion, be thought provoking and help to give people a clear idea of something by showing all sides of an argument.

Granted, the like or dislike of a set of spinners isn't going to change the world, but look what happened when people refused to say anything bad about Adolf Hitler???

I'm always open to someone telling me they don't like something, maybe being told that the wheels on my car are rubbish will make me look at them in a new light and consider something else, or even decide that i really do like them and think they suit it well.

I think the right to free speech is in your constitution isn't it? restricting someone to nice flowery comments isn't very free.

we all post on multiple forums, and we all know we cant please all the people all the time and so will expect some bad feedback, imagine the rubbish films, books, songs, or TV you'd have to trawl through to find the good stuff if no one said anything bad to those responsible.

I shouldn't have added the comment on the end of my post, and I'm sorry for that, but i stand by my other comments, thanks for putting your opinion in such a way as to not degenerate into a flame war. [8D]
Old 06-04-2004, 05:20 PM
Savage_Dias

I really hope this forum doesn't become that restricitive. If he slammed the whole truck & told him to buy a Maxx (or whatever) I'd understand a mod needing to step in but saying he doesn't like the rims is an honest opinion. I'm not a big fan of spinners because my R/Cs are for bashing instead of style. That's my opinion & my R/Cs meet my needs. Tweedybird might be in the process of building a show truck & in that case the spinners are a killer choice in my opinion.

Tweedybird.... Sweet truck! The SS is a good choice for bashing & showing but it looks awful plain with a clear body. When will we get to see the Escalade?
Old 06-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Vanquish24

Nice Savage It has that bling bling effect
Old 06-04-2004, 05:27 PM
Wicked!!
My Feedback: (5)

Killer man! super thumbs up [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Nitro10

Well guys maybe Im being a little too critcal here. Maybe I have read too much BS from a few certain people on this board. After you do so much reading on here you can pretty much spell out some of these guys responses before you even read it. There is a LOT of great guys here that offer a lot of good info, its just that there are few that enjoy to sling mud and give you their crappy attitude. Any way you look at it, If a man is showing me his new truck whether its a shelf queen, basher or racer that he put together and is obviously proud of his work and add ons , Im certainly not going to bust his chops about it, especially If I dont know him. This is the right thing to do. As far as the forum being restrictive, I am totally against it. I think everyone should write what they like, just be prepared to back your thoughts just as you guys and I have done.
Old 06-04-2004, 06:04 PM
fourwheeler

I just hate the whole truck...can I have it??!?!???!?!
Old 06-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Tweedybird

Thanks Nitro for all the backing in this thread, I appreciate it. As for those of you who don't like my rims, as stated above, it is a forum for posts and open opinions. My son and I will be driving this truck, and we both love the velocity wheels with the proline spinners. I will not say I don't care what other people think, I love feed back, good or bad, but it does not prevaricate my actions in anyway. As for those of you who posted negative comments please be careful how you voice your opinions, as my fellow moderators are quick to lash the whip.

Tweedy
Old 06-04-2004, 07:41 PM
popuptoaster

I like what weve seen of the truck so far, although i dont like the spinners, but then they aren't on my truck.

I also like the level the moderators hit on this board (99% of the time anyway) its just right i think to allow you to have a difference of opinion without it becomeing a full blown argument or slanging match, and i do enjoy a good "discussion" i must say.
Old 06-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Tweedybird

Tweedybird.... Sweet truck! The SS is a good choice for bashing & showing but it looks awful plain with a clear body. When will we get to see the Escalade?
Savage_Dias, yes to answer your question and clear up a few things about this truck with everyone else. I'm currently working on the body, not the one in the pick but the show body. I'm currently working on the paint, then will add a neon light package to the body itself, I'm planning on using color changing paint with a clear glow paint finish. I also am putting all the bling bling hop up parts on the truck. It will be a show truck when finished, and my LST that I'm actually wondering where it is, being that its the first week of june!! will be my main running truck to knock around with. I built this truck for my son and he loves it, and that gives me more joy than anything else in the world. Now some of you may ask yourself.. "Why would he build this show truck for his 5 year old son?" Simple, I love my son with all my heart and would jump in front of a bus for him. And if he takes the truck and smashes into a wall at top speed I will love him none the less. We will just re-build it together.

Keep in mind I will have modified his radio settings so when he does drive the truck it will do no more than 5 to 10 mph

Hope this clears some things up for everyone

Tweedy Bird

Old 06-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Bush Wacker

Can't someone express their oppinions of what they think?! Sheees, wow some people like the rims some dont, BIG deal!
Old 06-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Tweedybird

absolutely

Tweedy Bird

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.