Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MT2 4 Dummies

Old 06-05-2004, 02:37 PM
gofaster72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT2 4 Dummies

I have just gotten a new MT2 and was wanting to get out and kick up some dirt,[>:] but have been held up by the lack of info from the manufacture. Being new to the toy car hobby, I went through the instruction manual a couple of times trying to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Two questions, for now. First, when removeing the wheels, I noticed what looked like "locktite" on the retaining nuts. Do these need to have "locktite" reapplied and is there a inch/lb torque setting for them? Second, when cleaning the foam air filter, do you clean it with warm water and detergent or do they make a special cleaner for it. While I'm at it, three. when cleaning the chassis and running gear using compressed air, what is a safe air presure to use on it? Sorry I lied about the # of ?. " M "
Old 06-05-2004, 05:41 PM
Element

Default RE: MT2 4 Dummies

1)I dont use locktite on why wheels as I'm always taking them off and putting them back on.

2)They do make cleaners for the air filter I dont use it though as I like fresh air filters when a filter gets dirty I throw it away

3)I'm not sure I uses brushes to clean my chassis
Old 06-05-2004, 07:36 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also don't use lock tite on my wheels, and I've never heard of a specific amount of ft/lbs of torque for tightening them down. It would be a real hassle to have to drag out the torque wrench just to tighten the wheels. Just crank them down good and snug, but not so tight that you crack the rim.

I clean my filters with Dawn and water. You could buy some filter cleaner like the stuff K&N sells, but it's pretty much just watered down detergent. Or just replace them, "when in doubt, throw it out".

I use my 60 gallon Craftsman air compressor to air it down. As long as the air pressure isn't blowing parts off your truck, then don't worry about it. Air won't damage it. You'd have to have one heck of a compressor to build enough pressure to damage your truck.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:59 PM
bonified5

For cleaning air filters, use wd-40. It gets all the dirt out really well. It is safe to use air I doubt it could mess up anything.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:05 AM
gofaster72

Thanks for your input guys, Element, jefx and bonified5, any advice is welcome. How about body trim? Do you have to paint or is it possable to use monokote or some other material. Also, do you have to fuel proof this stuff like you do with model aircraft or does the exterior of the body stay relatively clear of oil residue?
Old 06-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Savage_Dias

Dawn & warm water work great just like jefx said. Just make sure you get all the soap out & completely dry it before you oil it. I squeeze most of the water out of mine then wrap it in a paper towel & squeeze it some more. Keep doing that until the paper towel is dry after a few sqeezes & you'll be fine. The locktite looking stuff on your wheel nuts is a soft nylon & it's molded into the wheel nut. It acts like locktite but doesn't have to be reapplied. It will wear out eventually but it takes a long time unless you remove your wheels 3 or 4 times a day. Remove your body & use all the pressure you want. When your truck gets blown off the table, back the pressure down a little bit.