Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Would you guys like to see more RC Car related ads here in the RC Universe forums?

RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Would you guys like to see more RC Car related ads here in the RC Universe forums?

Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Would you guys like to see more RC Car related ads here in the RC Universe forums?

Just curious how you guys feel about online advertising here on RC Universe. Would you want to see more rc car related ads from the large and small car companies here on the site and in the forums?

I am not talking about more ads per page. I am talking about ads from companies like Traxxas, OFNA, CEN, HPI, Hardcore Racing and all the other large or small companies in the RC Car industry.

If you are interested in seeing car related ads or have comments of whether you would be inclined to click on an ad here on RCU, buy from an ad here on RCU or click to learn more we would be interested.

If you were the president of a major RC car company would you feel it was a worthwhile proposition to display your product ads here on RC Universe targeted to these car forums?
Old 06-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Would you guys like to see more RC Car related ads here in the RC Universe forums?

If I'm going to see adds I would want them to be something I'm interested in,SO I would say yes.The only way I would advertise is if the add was targeted to potential buyers instead of say hardcore flayers.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:03 PM
nurch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Would you guys like to see more RC Car related ads here in the RC Universe forums?

I would second that. I would stick with major car companies such as HPI, OFNA, Traxxas, Team Associated, Trinity, Team Losi, Mugen, GS Racing, Serpent, Tamiya, and Xray. These companies are the most sought after and spark more interest from people. I think it would hit off pretty well.

Count me in on this vote.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:37 PM
methane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

since i get to use this forum for free, i'd be happy to click on any advertisers to help out the site. i visit major r/c mfg's sites anyways, so why not do it through the forum? as long as they aren't popups (which i block anyways).
Old 06-08-2004, 02:57 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I think there are enough adds already. It wouldn't help filling up thread pages with tons of adds. There is already a place for adds and offers where someone can go and view them all. I think they would get in the way and distract people from reading, and responding to our questions and comments. Its like pop ups, the more pop ups the uglier the page gets. Just my opinion
Old 06-08-2004, 06:45 PM
theShark

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

not really....unless it was for special deals/offers
Old 06-08-2004, 07:07 PM
gofaster72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No thanks. There are adds at the beginning of all of these forums now. Please, continue to give us a place free of them.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:41 AM
nurch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There are already ads imbedded in the forums as we speak. People still respond to questions or concerns regardless. I don't think the addition of ads will change anything except perhaps give a person a quick link to where they will be going anyways. I think is a good idea. But as others have stated, it would be great if they were not pop-ups, not that my pop-up blocker cannot handle anyways.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:41 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if they are off to the side and i don't have to see them if i don't want.and like others have said please NO POP UPS. we alread have to many . but yes i would like to have a traxxas , or hpi or what ever ad to the side.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:53 AM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

No, I would not like to see more ads here, even if they are r/c related. You can't go anywhere anymore without seeing or hearing ads. You get commercials every 5 minutes on TV or radio, all over the roads on billboards, pop-ups and banners on the computer, even the logos on people's clothing. Our world is already over-commercialized and I always vote on the side of less commercials. That's the reason why I have a pop-up blocker on my computer and a TiVo on my TV. I hate commercials.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All in the name of Advertising. Everyone is trying to get their products across to everyone else and I agree with jefx, we live day to day seeing advertisment, theres enough of that already.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:17 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

some of you have mis-read my question.

READ THIS: This is not about adding MORE ads. It is about changing their focus/theme to be car oriented.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You said ''Would you want to see more rc car related ads'' More means more weather it has to deal with RC cars or not. I know what you mean but i think we have enough car oriented Ads already.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Savage_Dias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

READ THIS: This is not about adding MORE ads. It is about changing their focus/theme to be car oriented.
I was hoping someone would point that out.

I'd love to see more R/C car & truck ads when I visit RCU. I have cars selected as my 1st & 2nd interest but I still see airplane ads on occasion. I'm against pop ups (13646 blocked in the last 8 months or so lol) but banner ads at the top & bottom of the pages I'm viewing are fine with me.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:31 PM
ICrashThings

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

if the ads catches the eye, then yes.[8D]
Old 06-10-2004, 05:01 PM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

Oh, so what you're saying is more CAR ads as opposed to airplanes/helicopters/boats.
Well if that's the case, than sure, I'd like to see more CAR/TRUCK ads instead of plane/heli/boat ads as my interest is mainly focused there.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Time to pull the gloves off, bring in the big advertising $$$ from the big guys, and get rich guys!

You have the client base... Manufaturer's are probably frothing to get on here now...

No more plane ads in car forums... It's a waste of space for more car ads.

I have NEVER clicked a link to any plane products, nor will I. I have clicked links
to car products though. The more car links you have, the more I will click
the links. This same opinion probably resonates through the community.

The car/plane guys will frequent both forums... However plane guys never visit car forums
and vice versa.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:00 AM
allen0622

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I say no to the big company ads. I already see big company ads everywhere else, such as magazines and at my LHS. I already know what the big companies sell and have to offer and wouldn't bother clicking on say a Traxxas ad even though I'm a fan. And even if one of them were coming out with something new I'd know about it well before it was available for sale, either from a magazine, or most likely from these boards. I like seeing ads for sites and companies that aren't as well known, or just not as popular. For example that ad with the colored carbon fiber chassis, I think it was Arts Hobby or somthing like that, I didn't even know there was such a thing and that was a pretty cool thing to check out. I didn't buy one, but at least I've heard of them now. I think the level of the ads right now are good. A nice variety of small to medium size companies, I did just see a Kyosho ad with a giant MAd Force, so maybe you've already made a decision.

But, if it's a matter of income to make the RC Universe better (if that's possible) then go for it I suppose.
I also think it's great how you ask the members for feedback on issues and opinions on pending changes.
Now if you could only get rid of that yellow porsche in the banner, ugh. [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 06-11-2004, 02:57 PM
Vanquish24

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Amen to that Allen!
Old 06-11-2004, 04:21 PM
Savage_Dias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Porsche is the only thing worth looking at in the header. The other stuff needs to fly or float away.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:44 PM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Guys...click "Cars" at the very top of the page and watch the header change along with making the site geared towards "cars" all the way around. If you see the yellow porsche that means your not set for cars 100%.

You should see a monster truck on the left.

click the cars link at the top of the page or click this:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/setSession.cfm?pref1=cars
Old 06-11-2004, 11:59 PM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Marc, maybe I'm an idiot (well actualy I'm sure of it), but your advise didn't work for me. I clicked on the yellow "cars" link, but nothing changed, I'm still seeing the yellow Porsche, a heli, a boat, a plane, and no Monster Truck. I also clicked your supplied link, but still no difference.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Element

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jefx

Marc, maybe I'm an idiot (well actualy I'm sure of it), but your advise didn't work for me. I clicked on the yellow "cars" link, but nothing changed, I'm still seeing the yellow Porsche, a heli, a boat, a plane, and no Monster Truck. I also clicked your supplied link, but still no difference.

Same hear
Old 06-12-2004, 08:23 AM
mvigod

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jefx

Not the yellow car icon (the round one) but the one at the top of the page (the extreme top) where it says "Choose your Universe" then says "All R/C - CARS - BOATS - PLANES - ELECTRICS - HELIS"

try that and report back please
Old 06-12-2004, 08:27 AM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ahha! See I told you I was an idiot. It worked! There's now a picture of a Mad Force, a radio, and a Nitro 4Tec (or whatever it's called).