RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

lst air cleaner and exhaust, facing the wrong way?

Old 06-10-2004, 11:24 PM
methane

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default lst air cleaner and exhaust, facing the wrong way?

so i was looking at the lst pics for about the 100th time and was thinking that ideally the air cleaner should be facing forward and the exhaust should be shooting out the back

now it doesn't affect my desire to buy the truck at all, i'm just trying to strike up a little conversation. so do you think it matters? what if the exhaust was shooting straight forward and the air cleaner towards the rear--does it matter in terms of power or cooling?

now i know with the current set-up that the left side of the truck might get a bit dirtier due to fuel from the exhaust, but other than that, does it matter?
Old 06-11-2004, 06:51 AM
jefx

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: lst air cleaner and exhaust, facing the wrong way?

It really shouldn't matter. The engine sucks air in through the filter regardless of which way it's pointing. Air is not forced into the filter, there is no forced induction. It is a natural aspiring engine and the air gets drawn through the filter by the suction of compression in the block.

Actualy, having the filter point towards the rear of the truck might be beneficial for cooling the engine. On other trucks, the filter is directly in front of the cooling head which actualy blocks cool air from running over the cooling fins. With the LST design, there is no obstruction in front of the cooling head, which should make for a cooler running temp.