Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Temp gauge..help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 09:56 PM
goodin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp gauge..help please!!

Hello - I just got my new Revo and broke it in Friday night and drove it for 3 hours yesterday amd an hour today. What a sweet truck! I haven't had any problems and haven't broken anything yet.

So I am wanting to know how to read my Duratrax temp gauge. I'm not sure I'm reading it right. I will let the engine warm up good, take several passes down a straightaway. bring it back in, and as soon as it stops I put the gauge on the spark plug. The temp will fluctuate quite alot when I am taking readings...it usually goes up...for example...as soon as I put it on the plug it will read 182, then 198, then 205, then 215, then 230. The temp will usually go up 50-60 degrees while idling for 5-10 seconds. Is this normal? Which reading do I take as the one to tune my truck with? The weather here is 50's and sunny. I believe I am running on the rich side.

Thanks -

Goodin