Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Cen giving out contradicting information

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Cen giving out contradicting information

Old 06-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Traely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cen giving out contradicting information

So we catch CEN stating there truck was held up because of the manual being re-done.... POSTED by CEN.

I think its fairly straight forward this implies there was never any issues just waiting on the truck..

Which either CEN_Racing is not a employee or no one really is telling us the truth...

The trucks are finished and everything is completed. The manual is not
being redone, there are no issues with anything, we are simply waiting for
them to show up and start shipping them out.

Here yall go with time stamps on it.

Sent : Friday, June 11, 2004 11:36 AM
To :
Subject : Re: Which is it????? Genesis questions.

| | | Inbox

Trae,

Our customer communication if one of the best in the industry.

In regards to the Genesis trucks. We never stated the container was lost.
We are simply waiting for it to show up.

The trucks will be here soon. Please be patient, you will be happy you
waited once you get the truck.

The trucks are finished and everything is completed. The manual is not
being redone, there are no issues with anything, we are simply waiting for
them to show up and start shipping them out.
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 8:29 AM
Subject: Which is it????? Genesis questions.

> You have the worst customer communication I have ever seen..
>
> Lets set this straight DO you or DONT you use distributors or is it done
in
> house??
>
> Did your container get lost at the dock OR NOT?
>
>
> Why did you tell Kerry of Wildhobbies.com that you lost the container YET
on
> rcuniverse you say it was not lost but the manual needed to redone so this
> took longer??
>
> Your answers to this will either sell your truck or keep it...
>
> __________________________________________________ _______________
> FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar - get it now!
> http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/...ave/direct/01/
Old 06-11-2004, 01:53 PM
rcblaze

Default RE: Cen giving out contradicting information

And so your point is what? Are you whinnying about it. B/C real men don't they strap up and keep it moving. Sorry to come at you like this but I feel as a member I should let you know this is not what we are in the hobby for. This is for fun you wanna whine about something go to a political forum or what ever. But all this, ah man Cen didn't do this, Losi is this and revo got pushed there it's so childish. But enough of my rant I'm calm now go ahead babble on. And please accept my apology b/c I know I will offend you. Please have a blessed day.

Didn't this just get deleted
Old 06-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Traely

Talked to the admin this one wont get deleted.

I am not whining I am simply putting the truth out there that cen is telling everyone diffrent stories...

THus if they cant get there where the truck story straight what makes me want to buy from somone who is lieing to me???

Some thing as simple as this worries me more then the truth of ( what ever it may be ) If you will lie about this what else will you lie about. Seems simple enough to me.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Can someone please shut this guy up?!?!?

"CEN SAID THIS..." "CEN IS LYING" "CEN IS HIDING SOMETHING"

Jesus, he's so annoying I'm actually starting to LIKE CEN!!!! CEN doesn't delete/control ANYTHING on this board, but if they somehow convinced them to delete your posts.....YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Whatever WAS the case, it's clear that this truck is gonna be tooling around NEXT WEEK.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Traely

Hope your not taking that from CEN RACING as he isnt a CEN rep..

Hi. from what I know CEN does not have any reps that come to RCU. Why? I have no idea and I wish they would.

second..no rep can delete any thread/post (not even their own). only a moderator can do that. they will do so if false statements are made or statements that could be damaging but we have no reasonable proof on hand to assume the information is correct. Doesn't mean it isn't correct just means we need more information before we let damaging statements stand.

CEN doesn't advertise here and has no reps so we have no agenda for or against them. Not that we would if they did but some don't believe that if someone advertises that they do not get preferential treatment. We protect or don't protect all members & vendors the same from potentially false and damaging statements. If the statements are true and damaging we let them stand as we always have to help inform the members.

hope this clears things up.

Marc
President
RC Universe
Old 06-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Tweedybird

Traely,

Cen isn't the only one coming up with different stories about release dates, but as I do not want to step on your cen thread I will not bring up the other manufacturer.

But just know your not the only ones getting the run around.

I'm waiting for a pre-order as well.
But alas I have another truck to hold me over until it arrives.

The trucks will be shipped when their ready, and not before, and coming up with conspiracy theories as to why they haven't shipped or are not at your LHS does not make them ship any faster

Enjoy the hobby and each other.

Tweedy Bird
Old 06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Element

ORIGINAL: Traely

Hope your not taking that from CEN RACING as he isnt a CEN rep..

Hi. from what I know CEN does not have any reps that come to RCU. Why? I have no idea and I wish they would.

second..no rep can delete any thread/post (not even their own). only a moderator can do that. they will do so if false statements are made or statements that could be damaging but we have no reasonable proof on hand to assume the information is correct. Doesn't mean it isn't correct just means we need more information before we let damaging statements stand.

CEN doesn't advertise here and has no reps so we have no agenda for or against them. Not that we would if they did but some don't believe that if someone advertises that they do not get preferential treatment. We protect or don't protect all members & vendors the same from potentially false and damaging statements. If the statements are true and damaging we let them stand as we always have to help inform the members.

hope this clears things up.

Marc
President
RC Universe
that was confusing I thought traely typed that untill you put you sig in

I said something very similar to this int he other thread before it was deleted.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Traely

Sorry Guys I guess either I am hard to understand orI have confussed everyone.

I am not trying to start a war just trying to point out some facts.. I believe what the customer rep e-mailed and thats plenty for me.

Now With the CEN racing person posting misleading information I thought it better to put this out there for people to see. Thanks to Marc And tweedy I See thats not rep and he just has misleading information.

With out this thread we may have never known that person wasnt a CEN rep, but again sorry was just trying to put the truth out there sorry it was misleading/confusing on the way.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:11 PM
RCnutz

Umm Sorry guy but Just because some buttheads post stuff acting like they know what Cen is doing doesn't mean that Cen actually backs up the information. People make stuff up just to stirr the crap around because they like seeing people's reactions.

I posted info about the Geneis sbased on answered emails from Cen and so far I recieved 6 answers from their customere service dept all with maching stories about the release. The truck will ship out on Monday and should be in all hobby shops by Friday next week. This info comes from an email i recieved yesterday from Cen Customer service.
Old 06-11-2004, 03:44 PM
CEN Racing

WOW [X(].... Yeah, its true, i am not a employee at CEN. I have nothing to do but posting info here. Ok lets be serious here. I dont have to confirm with moderates or even owners that i am a CEN rep. All i did is just register my account name as CEN RACING llike a regular member. Why bother to go through all that is my purpose is just to provide information?

Reason for hold up: Redo manual. When was this? Appromaxiately 2 month ago. So if you shoot us a email after we did that. Of coruse you will get a different answer.

Was the load ever lost? NO. We did not and never say anything about that. And we have no rights over what others want to say. So best suggestion i can give you is stick with the offical source. If you want to know the release date, just call us.

oh well, for those stick with CEN. Thanks for your support.
Like i said, Genesis 46 is being ship as i type. Sorry for the delays and thank you for the patient and support. If you call us now, at 714-792-1923. We can confirm that while on the phone too.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:31 PM
bustergonad

CEN,
I thank you for your info.

However I do understand some of the frustration people are going through.

This is a quote of your post from radio control zone...

06-06-2004, 09:19 AM
CEN Racing
Member Join Date: 11-15-2002

If we look at the pictures on our website. You can see that some picture have body sits high and other have it sits low like how you want it. Its just how each driver like it.

Sorry about all the delays. Delays are due to last minute change so have to redo all the manual. Genesis 46 will be available next week, i promise
Now if the manual redo was 2 months ago why wait until 5 days ago to let us know that was the reason for the delay.

Also KerryG from wild hobbies has been a very good source of info on the genesis and according to him he is very close to CEN. If there was no lost container why would he post the following...

KerryG
Publisher Wild Hobbies.com

USA
5089 Posts
Posted - 06/04/2004 : 07:33:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shipping company doesnt seem to know where the container is now. The guys at CEN are loosing their minds, the phones are ringing off the hook and they dont have any information to give anyone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerry Garrison
Wild Hobbies.com
This is only one day before your post about the manual. Why would Kerry tell us the container is lost but not tell us that the manual is being redone??

I don't really care why the Genesis is delayed but it seems like a disinformation campaign was going on. I'm going to stick with the Genesis but I just wish CEN had been a little more straighforward with the people who are about to lay out over $500 for their product.

Thanks for reading,

Roy
Old 06-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Element

ah nice to see a rep on the board I jsut thought you had good contacts
Old 06-11-2004, 04:50 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

thanks CEN Racing I hope this clears up all the confusion. And everybody that wants a Genesis here in California is going to see it right after the 25th of this month, this is according to Timmy from CEN so hold on its being shipped as we speak. FINALLY
Old 06-11-2004, 04:53 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW...I was unaware that CEN Racing was an employee for CEN. Other than his posts here I had not done any research to check if he was or was not. I have checked his email and will state it appears he is an employee as he has a cenracing email.

I apologize for any confusion my message to traely may have caused.
Old 06-11-2004, 04:54 PM
CEN Racing

MOst people call or mail asked WHRE IS MY TRUCK. Therefore, we will answer by telling you its on the way, we are waitting for it. Its in shipper's hand so we have no control on it. We did experience a small minor difficulty in transit but nothing major. Not many people actually bother ask why it was delayed.

I am the one posted on RCCA forum and I posted that no long ago does not mean we were working on it as i posted. All of the CEN Racing product is made oversea including printing, so if there is a last mintutes change, means it was done a while ago becuse it takes a few weeks to get to our warehouse from oversea. Genesis is in our warehouse and shipping out as i type which means manual was being redone a while ago, not in the last couple days.

We have no control over what other site claims. So you going to have to ask them why they made such statement because i dont know.

This is about as clear as i can explain. Hope you are happy with it
Old 06-11-2004, 05:01 PM
mvigod
Banned

In some ways you gotta be flattered that guys are so upset about NOT having your product in hand that they get this bent out of shape. You have to start worrying when they could care less when your product ships or arrives..
Old 06-11-2004, 05:14 PM
CEN Racing

I know. Its just hard to explain when we are saying this but other soruce saying something else out of nowhere. Well, anyways, its finally available so eveyrone can be happy now. Thanks for all the support and patient
Old 06-11-2004, 05:19 PM
bustergonad

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

thanks CEN Racing I hope this clears up all the confusion. And everybody that wants a Genesis here in California is going to see it right after the 25th of this month, this is according to Timmy from CEN so hold on its being shipped as we speak. FINALLY
Now I am confused Your saying that you can get a genesis in cali after the 25th but CEN Racing is saying it is being shipped to the hobby shops today.
The company (Zertuche group) I'm buying my Genesis from is based in cali (about an hour from CEN) so according to you I should have my Genesis in about 3 weeks (with shipping) but Zertuche said they will pick up their allotment as soon as possible and ship it within a few days, so I would be getting it about 1 week after they get them!!!

OK one final question to CEN Racing....

Are you shipping to the hobby shops today or are you waiting for the Genesis to arrive at CEN???

Sorry for being soooo dim but I just want my Genesis

Roy
Old 06-11-2004, 05:39 PM
CEN Racing

Genesis 46 is being shipped to LHS starting from East Coast and move toward West Coast.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:58 PM
bustergonad

Thanks for the reply CEN, Who do you have an aggrement with about cali, it's been starred out in your post.
Is your witholding agreement just for LHS or does this include internet vendors??
I live on the east coast but ordered from a west coast vendor, it would stink to wait an extra 2 weeks just because of where my vendor was located [>:]

Roy

Edit - Would this agreement be with a mag who is doing a review for their next issue (just a wild guess)
Old 06-11-2004, 06:02 PM
ehhhhhh

Can you tell us anything of KerryG a w ildhobbies.com?
I'm still confused where he got his information (kerry's the site owner I think, so he isn't some 13 year old boy spreading BS) you don't seem to have clarified that.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:07 PM
mvigod
Banned

CEN Racing. If you want I can setup a dedicated manufacturer support forum for CEN (there is no charge..this is a service to our members) here on RC Universe in the car section.

We have done this for Horizon, Great planes, futaba, JR, OS, YS and many others.

If this is of interest to you just shoot me a PM or email here and we'll set it up. A manufacturer support forum allows you to give "official" responses and support product within it. Users can still ask in the general forums of course but a dedicated support forum has worked out very well for these other companies over the past 2 years.

Marc
Old 06-11-2004, 09:38 PM
RCnutz

I'd say.. Don't get your hopes up people!! Just go by your business and it will turn up sometime this month or maybe next month. I'm not understanding how they ship these things but by the way CenRacing wrote I understand that the shipping will take an age. East to West and blah blah... Whatever!!!!
Don't be disappointed if it doesn't make it to your hands earlier than July sometime. Also there might not be enough trucks to go around east to west or west to east south to north whatever the shipping schedule may be.... thats another thing to keep in mind.

All I'm gonna say is that I've had enough time to hope for a release date and was only disappointed every time.
I'd also like to add the whomever the CenRacing guy is..., he can't seem to take advantage of the English language very well because it isn't hard to explain what was all going on with these trucks. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be able to explain in writting what the #@$% is going on.

Anyhow... Whenever the Genesis will arrive, it will be welcomed by many... Find something else to occupy your time till then... It's been a long wait and it can only be shorter now.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:03 PM
popuptoaster

A lot of Companies put out conflicting info about new products, it keeps the interest high and gets people talking, its all marketing, dont fall for it!
spose i might as well talk to myself though, im happy to let all the "early adopters" buy stuff and do the testing, i generally like to wait 6 months to a year before i buy anything new, gets all the bugs ironed out then and the prices are better.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Cal-Torque

From the publisher of Wild Hobbies - "To the best of my knowledge nobody from CEN posts on any forum. Anyone claiming to be is most likely not telling the truth. I call the guys over there every other day and I tell you exactly what the current information is. Anyone having a different story from what I am telling you is simply making it up."
I give up on this whole thing. What a mess CEN has made of this. They should make a statement on their website as to what is really going on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.