Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Help on new Duratrax Nitro Quake

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Help on new Duratrax Nitro Quake

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 03:22 AM
nownnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on new Duratrax Nitro Quake

Hi. I just ordered a Duratrax Nitro Quake. I started with electric cars and trucks and am now heading to nitro. Please post any advice you have for operating and maintaining a nitro monster truck. One question I have right now is: Will it be safe for the engine if I switched fuels, given they're the same nitro/lubricant content?
Old 06-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Haldir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help on new Duratrax Nitro Quake

Hey,

For the Nitro Quake I recommend using Duratrax Red Alert 10% nitro Fuel. Watch the video that came with it. Make sure all the metal to metal screws are tight especially the grub screws on the dog bones and differentials. It's a very good truck and you will enjoy it. Turn the highspeed needle 3 turns from fully closed. Also buy a Temperature gauge and keep the engine below 220 degrees.
The engine might be a little hard to start at first or during break, give it some throttle that usually helps. If you use 20% nitro Fuel expect some tuning problems and over heating, and turn the highspeed needle 3 and 1/2 turn from fully closed.
Have fun!