Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

longtime battery guy getting into nitro for the first time what do i need?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

longtime battery guy getting into nitro for the first time what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 06:14 PM
maddmaxxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default longtime battery guy getting into nitro for the first time what do i need?

I am looking at the monster GT or waiting and hoping to get the LST it has an amazing amount of hop ups stock for hundred more then the GT. Ok what should i get fuel wise? Glow plug brands you guys recommend? And another question i have is what do i do to break the truck in? I have been into rc for 16 years so i am no rookie. But i am a newb to nitro.lol Another question who is gonna be selling the LST the cheapest on the net when it hits? I would appreciate any help on this thanks a ton.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:31 AM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: longtime battery guy getting into nitro for the first time what do i need?

The included manual will have the recommended fuel and glow plug listed in it. You can then make your own decision whether to use those exact items or a comparible brand. The manual will also guide you through the recommended break-in procedure.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:45 PM
fourwheeler

Default RE: longtime battery guy getting into nitro for the first time what do i need?

Also when you get the GT go through it and lock-tite all the screws that snd up screwint into metal especailly the screws that hold the center driveshafts to the drive cups.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:52 PM
maddmaxxer

Thanks for the info but i am gonna wait till the LST hits and weigh the options i want the best for the money. I love associated but i am reading alot of gripes about them and i dont want to have this break and be limited to engine size the way i keep reading on many forums. peace and thanks for the info
Old 06-20-2004, 07:17 PM
fourwheeler

OK I can understand that. The LST is also on my list