Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEW GENESIS WHEELIE VIDEO!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 12:46 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW GENESIS WHEELIE VIDEO!!

Go to http://cenracing.com/cars/genesis/massive_wheelie.wmv In the begginnig it's that whack out video of it having to go in reverse then fowards to wheelie but right after that a much better qaulity video starts this thing has some major POWER and accelerates pretty damn quick for a truck this size. good job this time CEN!!
Old 06-22-2004, 12:50 PM
motorpsycho502

Default RE: NEW GENESIS WHEELIE VIDEO!!

Yes it looks like it really hauls, I also like the track video, looks like when the truck is lowered it handles well.
Now I just need to buy a drum of fuel to break it in.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:53 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! That video definately makes it more impressive! That was awesome!
Old 06-22-2004, 03:09 PM
ThermalRD

That truck must have a seriously nice tranny and diffs. With the weight of that truck, plus the power, thats alot of stress. I want to see one of these in person.

Matt
Old 06-22-2004, 03:45 PM
tripplefatty

yes the video looked good...seems to go very well...but what let go at the end of the clip. Just as the video ended.Some thing broke????
Old 06-22-2004, 03:48 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Yea. I am buying one... CEN is true to their word... > "CEN's new GENESIS 46 monster truck will revolutionize and change the way we all look at Remote Control Monster Trucks."
Old 06-22-2004, 04:28 PM
rcblaze

Slow down it's way to soon to say either way. The video was ok but haven't we all seen a wheelie now. What I'd like to know is were are the owners at. More reviews and info please.
ORIGINAL: Sweetshoes90210

Yea. I am buying one... CEN is true to their word... > "CEN's new GENESIS 46 monster truck will revolutionize and change the way we all look at Remote Control Monster Trucks."
Old 06-22-2004, 04:29 PM
Gulliver Foyle

Good catch tripplefatty, I caught that at the end of the video as well.[:-]
Old 06-22-2004, 04:35 PM
jefx

Yup, sounded like a tranny gear went out. It reved but didn't go anywhere.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:38 PM
nitrobashinauz

i can't see it (broken thing)
but they were bound to break something driving that thing around without a wheelie bar,
crazy stuff, it definately has some torque,
and like thermal said theirs a lotta stress on that thing,
i'm not sure if the truck will handle it
Old 06-22-2004, 04:42 PM
nitrobashinauz

o, its a sound thing, thats why i didnt notice,
i dont have the sound hooked up on this computer yet
Old 06-22-2004, 05:04 PM
CEN Racing

Track Video was shoot at Releveation Raceway. Because we did not request owner to close the track for our video recording, so there are other vechiles running at the same time. The engine revving noise in the background is coming from a 1/8 buggy next to the camrea crew that was ready to go onto the track.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:22 PM
jefx

B.S.!!!!!!

You can clearly hear the Genesis engine rev out, and it's perfectly in time with the slight movement of the truck. The engine revs out more than the truck actualy moves. There is no other engine noise in the background! It IS MOST DEFINATELY the sound of that .46 that I hear. It sounds as if a gear got stripped or the slipper clutch came loose, or possibly something happened to the clutchbell clutch or gear. The engine over-reved for the amount of movement that was involved, something definately broke.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:51 PM
Savage_Dias

No need to fly off jefx. I have to agree with you though. Seconds before that the truck was jerking everytime they hit the throttle. Something slipped or stripped & it moved very smoothly.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: bcash

What I'd like to know is were are the owners at.
Thats pretty simple to answer. Each shop only got 1 truck. My LHS had one yesterday i went out to take a look at. They sold it before i got there. So its gonna be a while before we get any real feedback. Im glad some people have them, but it was almost pointless to release it with soo few trucks available. I watched that video again. And yes, it did revv up like crazy at the end. My guess is the forward/reverse slams took a toll on the tranny diff, or they have a problem with the forward-reverse setup coming out of place. Kinda like the maxx would do, and rev like crazy. Either way, it wouldnt surprise me to see the entire drive train blown up after those wheelies, and forward/reverse slams. Its got a huge motor, and its incredibly heavy. I've said it already, but thats alot of stress on any drive train parts. This truck has already sparked my interest. Of course most MT's do. Im eager to see how it holds up. More videos please!!

Matt
Old 06-22-2004, 06:10 PM
QUESTO

OMFG....CEN should have cut the video before that screwed end.
Its so easy to hear it...
Poor CEN...I really hope they gona fix every prob of that MT before to release it,or they gona get lower in respect of cen amateur.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Questo. It is already released.... Is it not?

I don't think anything broke. I agree with ThermalRD on this one. With all those tranny popping wheelies in the beginning, it probably put somthing out of alignment and at the end it probably finally made its way completely out of alignment which made it stall.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:38 PM
QUESTO

No its not out yet.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:45 PM
bustergonad

No it's not officially out yet, Thermal was right with the 1 truck per LHS. I believe CEN sent out the trucks for display purposes and some of the LHS's sold them. Genesis is not officially released until this Friday (25th)
Old 06-22-2004, 09:04 PM
jefx

I don't think anything broke. I agree with ThermalRD on this one. With all those tranny popping wheelies in the beginning, it probably put somthing out of alignment and at the end it probably finally made its way completely out of alignment which made it stall.

So you agree with Thermal that

the entire drive train blown up after those wheelies, and forward/reverse slams. Its got a huge motor, and its incredibly heavy. I've said it already, but thats alot of stress on any drive train parts.

It didn't stall. It tried to pull the front wheels up, and in the process of pulling a wheelie, something BROKE loose, and the engine revved way up while the wheelie momentum fell back to Earth. Then the operator slammed the trigger again causing the engine to rev way up while the truck barely crept forward.

That's happened to me before, and it feels just like someone kicking you in the sack, because you know that something just got shredded.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:44 PM

WOW!!!!!!! jefx CEN is refering to the track video not the massive wheelie video, are you def of course theres another car in the back in fact I heard two If you don't beleive me go check it out. look at the part on the straight away that engine reving is definitley not from the genesis it's from a car in the back. what video are you talking about the massive wheelie video or the track? ithink you got them mixed up or CEN Racing is talking about the track video.
ORIGINAL: jefx

B.S.!!!!!!

You can clearly hear the Genesis engine rev out, and it's perfectly in time with the slight movement of the truck. The engine revs out more than the truck actualy moves. There is no other engine noise in the background! It IS MOST DEFINATELY the sound of that .46 that I hear. It sounds as if a gear got stripped or the slipper clutch came loose, or possibly something happened to the clutchbell clutch or gear. The engine over-reved for the amount of movement that was involved, something definately broke.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:53 PM
twisted

i havent watched the video on this truck but i made my mind up about it from the other dudes problem.i know its not fair to judge the truck on one persons problem but i can assure you that i will not be even thinking about getting one till i see alot of positive reviews.
i heard awhile back that one of the reason the genesis was held back was due to tranny problems and now a video straight from cen that MIGHT show a simular problem....no way.
Old 06-22-2004, 11:20 PM
RCnutz

What in the heck are you talking about? How is the video showing a tranny problem? are you smoking reefer? Who gives a darn if you're not buying one? Stop spreading rumors you...twisted you!
Old 06-22-2004, 11:24 PM

tranny problem? what are you talking about twisted? yeah please stop posting bad stuff about this truck.

ORIGINAL: RCnutz

What in the heck are you talking about? How is the video showing a tranny problem? are you smoking reefer? Who gives a darn if you're not buying one? Stop spreading rumors you...twisted you!
Old 06-22-2004, 11:42 PM
QUESTO

Read the topic,,we are talking about the wheelie video.
Pay attention at the end of the video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.