Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

MGT or Savage?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 10:13 AM
Stampede_Racer_999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT or Savage?

Ok, I went into my LHS yesterday, and they have 2 Monsters in-stock. The MGT and the Savage 25. Both trucks are on for $399.99. I dont know which one to choose. Can someone help me?

Thanks alot!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:10 AM
YanBooth

Default RE: MGT or Savage?

Just getting back into the loop, but what is the/a MGT? I would wait, and spend the extra $$$ on the Team Losi LST. Just what I think.
Yan
Old 06-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Mako3

Yea, I agree with Yanbooth I just got my new issue in yesterday of horizon hobbies and yea TEAM LOSI first Monster is pretty BOMB. Just its reg price is $1000, and theirs is $800. Thats alot of saving up but it just might be worth it!

P.S. Stampede_Racer whats the name of your LHS?
Old 06-29-2004, 11:49 AM
rcblaze

Dog is to Cat as women is to man. Exactly has nothing to do with the question asked. But moving on. I will say this for the same price you are gonna have to make this decision on your own. I suggest either making your own comparison chart and running down the line on the features that matter to you most or use nitro review or the chart on this board. Reason I say this is because I have a decent level of experience with both and they are neck and neck. You can't go wrong either way. I can only think of one feature IMO that would sway me MGT and that's the fuel tank thing and maybe it's size. No clear cut winner IMO. Although here's some food for thought. Go SS and add your own radio and sell the kit engine buy something with some balls and watch out you spent just as much and you have a truck thats better then both out the box. Just my 2 cents
Old 06-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Mako3

Check out this forum heres the link that will help answer your questions
[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1943606/anchors_1945607/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1945607[/link]
Old 06-29-2004, 01:06 PM
YanBooth

Your right, but not about the price! List price: $999.99, Normal Price- $599.99
UNLESS your from Canada or something...
Yan

ORIGINAL: Mako3

Yea, I agree with Yanbooth I just got my new issue in yesterday of horizon hobbies and yea TEAM LOSI first Monster is pretty BOMB. Just its reg price is $1000, and theirs is $800. Thats alot of saving up but it just might be worth it!

P.S. Stampede_Racer whats the name of your LHS?
Old 06-30-2004, 05:01 AM
Fast Guy

Racing, get the MGT. Bashing, get the Savage. The MGT also has reverse, the Savage needs to be added on.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:56 PM
Monster Flip

I'm sure you'll be happy with either one...with stronger engines, you can race either...the MGT has reverse, but who needs it? ...i have 3 savages now and I'm looking for an MGT to trade one of them...unlike the savage the MGT is easier to work on because of the Chassis design...you can change a spur gear in 2 minutes with the MGT (no need to take engine out etc)...If you don't race and just beat on your truck, get the Savage...Only because it's more durable...but either one would make you happy i think...but thats a cheap MGT..i thought they go for $480