Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Question for the Cen MT2 owners.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Question for the Cen MT2 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 02:40 PM
outcastjra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Cen MT2 owners.

Where is the best place to get great hop ups for the MT2. I have only found one website that does metal arms and a roll cage. But where do you guys go to get better shocks, larger wheels, and all metal parts? I hate plastic parts because they only have a very short liife time! Please share with us the hook ups you have done to your truck with pictures. I will add mine to this post if it gets a good responce. Thanks a lot guys, and please share your info
Joel
Old 07-03-2004, 06:03 AM
outcastjra

Default RE: Question for the Cen MT2 owners.

Come on Cen Racers, give me some help! Thanks
Joel
Old 07-03-2004, 08:36 AM
Element

Renagade rc makes a adpater for tmaxx wheels and tires
And then New Era makes alot of aluminum parts
JT makes a light wieght chassis for the mt2

Hope this helps
Old 07-03-2004, 10:01 AM
outcastjra

Thanks!
Do you own an Mt2 as well? If so please share with us what you have done to it.
As for me I have done a little bit of update to mine- New Radio, Digital Servos, and Receiver from HITEC, The Purple Cooling Head, Chrome wheels, The Purple Brake system. I want to make everything metal, including the fuel tank and lines. And I want a new shell!
Thanks a lot and I shall post some photos of my baby!
Joel
Old 07-03-2004, 10:21 AM
Element

Yes I have a MT2 It pretty much stock I ahve upgraded the servos to Hitec HS-645MGs.I added a Venom fail safe I have a set of Integy piggy back shocks,Aluminum pipe and the JT Chassis on order.I do have a ford Excusion on it but I'm going to paint a F-150 body up for it.My next purchase will be a JR XS3
Old 07-03-2004, 12:10 PM
outcastjra

Where do you get your bodies from? I would like to get the Gravedigger body! I think that looks great.
Thanks
Joel
Old 07-03-2004, 12:32 PM
bonified5

The traxxas stampede bodies should work on the mt2. I think you can get them at towerhobbies.com Get the new era roll bar. I have it and it helps ALOT. Also, do the diff cup mod.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Element

I use tmaxx bodys as the wheel wells line up perfect with them
Old 07-04-2004, 01:37 AM
outcastjra

How do you do the Diff Cup Mod. I've heard a little about it, with some rod, alum foil, and glue?? Give me a step by step brake down of what the mod is and how to make them myself. Thanks a lot! Also does anyone have a full roll cage on there MT2? I banged up my nice purple cooling head yesterday when I was running it hard without a shell on, it slid for about 20 feet on the street right on top of the head. LOL. It is nice and scratched now! But it still works. Yester day was the first day I was able to run my truck with out something going wrong! With the stock radio and electrics I would have a run a way at least once a day. With the new Hitec, I am VERY HAPPY! A Great investment! Thanks for the help guys, I now have to figure out why my truck is not going into second gear! That is the small screw adjustment right? How many turns out do you guys have yours? And what is your throttle settings?
Thanks

PS I still don't see any pictures of your great trucks!
Joel
Old 07-04-2004, 03:10 PM
csuho

i need help i lost a dogbone last nite and is there another brand of dogbone that will work in my cen mt2 or do i have to get a cen dogbone since there are 2 dealers here in town and 1 is kinda mean and snoty since i didn't buy the truck there and the other never answers the phone but there are 2 hobbytown's close by.

thanks alot...
Old 07-04-2004, 07:58 PM
bonified5

With the diff cup mod, you get 7/16 pipe and cut 1/2 or 1/4 inch pieces; I dunno, I forget. You get 6 inches of aluminum foil 1/4 inch wide because the pipe ends up being a little bit bigger than the diff cup. Wrap the foil around the diff cup, but you will probrably have to shorten it or else it will be too big. Glue the foil in place and then glue the pipe over it. This will help your diff cups sooooo much. You may have to grind a little of the a-arm down to make the diff cup fit. I do have the roll bar and it is awesome. Whenever I flip my mt2, the cooling head doesnt get touched. You dont even need the body anymore.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:52 PM
gofaster72

Stock body from CEN, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80688.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	150611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87827.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	150612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu52682.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	156.5 KB
ID:	150613  
Old 07-05-2004, 09:37 PM
bolegs

Here is the diff cup mod [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1761898/anchors_1771683/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1771683[/link]
and here is a picture of the mod [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1761898/anchors_1776579/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#1776579[/link]
Old 07-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Sweetshoes90210

This mod is great. From the second I made it on my truck I have never broken a cup. Outcastjra, once you do this mod I promise you will never break one for as long as you use this truck (If done properly).

____> My post some time ago on how to do the mod.

Sweetshoes90210:

first of all this cant fix diff cups, only prevent them from ever breaking again so you need to start with 4 good diff cups.

buy a piece of 7/16 diameter brass tubing

cut off 4 pieces that are 1/4 inches long.

get some aluminum foil, tin foil or some thing that is similar to that.

cut 4 strips that are 1/4 inch wide and about 6 inches long.

wrap one strip around a diff cup and take one of the pieces of brass tubing and try to fit it on.

it probably wont fit so remove one turn of the foil and try again.

repeat this until the brass piece fits over the foil.

in-case you are wondering, you need the foil because the diff cup is a little smaller than the brass tubing on the inside and the foil takes up that little bit of space.

after the brass piece fits over the diff cup and foil and is not loose, put a couple drops of thin CA glue (tire glue, super glue) on it and let it sit for about 5 minutes while the glue dries completely.

repeat for the other three diff cups.

the last thing that you need to do is file down the little part of the shock tower that is near the diff cup. this is necessary because the now slightly larger diff cup needs a little more room.
Hope you try the mod. It is fantastic.!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Sweetshoes90210

How do you all like the truck so far?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:34 PM
outcastjra

I like the truck alright. Now that I have New electrics, and upgraded parts it is a lot better! I am having problems getting the engine tunned properly at the moment. I've gone through a gallon of nitro and I am still have problems. I lean it, I richen it, I set the idel at different points and I still get mixed results! Once it gets hot it stalls, and then it is a real pain in the rear to get it started again. I have chenget the glow plugs and heaters many of times. I have the Purple cooling head for it, at I am thinking that may be the problem?? A gallon of fuel is enough to have a strong running engine! Tell me what you guys think!
Thanks
Joel
Old 07-07-2004, 01:34 PM
mecky33

switch back to the stock head, the purple aftermarket is what is causing your problem. Also, if you have an aftermarket fly wheel that will also contribute to poor tunability. I have tried to run with the purple head, and got nothing but the same problems that you are experiencing. I also talked to Cen and they said that their racers have noticed the same problems. Your best bet for a good hop up would be to get a .18 sleeve and piston for the NX-18 engine and put them in your NT-16. It will give you more torque, and best of all, there are no other mods that have to be done to make it work.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:48 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Dan. C'mon man. Answer my PMs. I belive I sent some to you...
Old 07-07-2004, 09:25 PM
nitromacguyver

ORIGINAL: mecky33

Your best bet for a good hop up would be to get a .18 sleeve and piston for the NX-18 engine and put them in your NT-16. It will give you more torque, and best of all, there are no other mods that have to be done to make it work.
you mean that the .18 size piston/sleeve components actually fit the inthe same crank case?

if so then im going to have to try that. and you are sure that no other mods are needed to fit, right?

PS. i'm glad the diff cup mod has helped out so many people.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:56 PM
mecky33

nitro, I have actually talked to Cen about this and they confirmed that it does work. I have not tried it yet, but have been contemplated doing it. The one thing that you can do, but is not necessary to do right away is replace the con rod with the one from the NX-18. the NT-16 con rod will hold up for quite a while, but they do have a tendency to break under the increased torque of the .18 piston. So for forty bucks you can get a .18 that is as bulletproof as the NT-16.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:32 PM
nitromacguyver

sweet mecky, i dont think i ever would have come up with that one on my own. that is now at the top of my list of hop ups to come. how did you find out about it?
Old 07-08-2004, 09:52 PM
bonified5

How much is the whole nx-18 change cost?
Old 07-09-2004, 11:55 AM
nitromacguyver

i cant find the parts for the nx-18 on ehobbies or toyhaus, where can i get them?
Old 07-09-2004, 06:00 PM
Sweetshoes90210

same...
\
Old 07-09-2004, 09:26 PM
bolegs

Refer to the CEN Nitro Handbook that came with your car or truck. There should be a table (CEN Engine Specifications) in the back of the book. I got the following part number information from this table. I got the prices from the eHobbies web site. [link]http://www.ehobbies.com[/link]

G70344-08 Piston & Sleeve $24.99
G70344-07 Connecting Rod $8.99
G70344-04 Piston Pin $2.99

The connecting rod is a little beefier than the rod that comes with the NT-16, but the NT-16 rod will work. I reused the piston pin from the NT-16, but my NT-16 was practically new. If your NT-16 is fairly worn when you upgrade it, I would replace the piston pin also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.