Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GENESIS REVIEW CONTINUES

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 08:40 PM
RCnutz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GENESIS REVIEW CONTINUES

Why is it CEN's fault that you don't know how to ship a package? There is no need for next day delivery and there is no need to buy service from a UPS store that is so picky. No need to even ship the truck 3 day. Ship it 5-6 day. Who care you'll wait 3 or 4 more days?? Don't blame this one on Cen! I sell stuff on ebay all the time and I have no problem shipping oversized packages the cheapest way insured too. All you have to do is ask the mail carriers.
Why ask Cen? They're not babysitters! Ask usps, ask fedex ask DHL, ask ask ask. Better yet if you get online to any of the mail carrier sites like www.usps.com or www.ups.com or www.fedex.com you can calculate the cheapest insured shipping.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:56 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

First since you decided to attack me i sent it 5 days not overnight as you assumed second its hard to get a ups call tag when they dont answer the phone.Im glad your proficient at selling and shipping at ebay thats good for you.I would never have shipped to begin with if a call tag had been issued for my truck but again i called for andrew and mike and they were unable to answer the phones so i emailed and no reply.I might not of been clear in the explanation in my first post.Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 09:33 PM
RCnutz

not attacking! Don't make more out of my post than it really is!

You're welcome!
Old 07-20-2004, 04:18 AM
hdflhr1997
My Feedback: (3)

hey guys does anyone have a pic of the wheel hex's if so could ya send me a shot of them >> [email protected]
Old 07-20-2004, 12:36 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Jus so you know, oversized packages only cost 19.95 as long as they are under 70lbs (haha i work at ups) I also know this because I Jus sent out a totally RTF helicopter about a month ago. You wanna talk about a big box.. Anyways, they lied to you if you said all that you said... But I personally think you are lying as I've done all my shipping in the past year (at least 30 times) with a UPS Store, they let me use whatever box I want, insure as much as I need, and let me pack it myself. You shoulda noticed the instant you walked in there that there are peanuts, boxes, and everything you need to properly pack it all around you.

CEN is doing there best to make a mistake better, now you should do what you can to learn how to properly put a truck into a box.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 PM
UTvols

I spoke with CEN yesterday and they replaced my engine. The new one should arrive some time later this week. It was indeed the crank shaft bearing that blew.

For pics of the engine see:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_19...page_11/tm.htm

Anyone else know of any more blown engines? I sure don't look forward to having to go through the break-in proceedures again.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM
drvcrash

I was over on radiocontrolzone and Cen Said they have 3 confirmed engines so far with blown bearings. I finally got the 7 tanks idled thru my replacement engine, so I think tonight Ill try and get the next 3 tanks thru it. I also installed the shaft starter I posted back some time ago and it works great. Ill get to try out the 4ws tonight as well
Old 07-20-2004, 02:40 PM
tomandemmy

The ups thing has been taken care of and im sorry some of you work for companies that overcharge customers.NO there were no peanuts around me they moved the store and there were barely 4 walls but since your psychic(HEHE) ok.I posted this to help other people not be lied too(sorry its your company).I have no reason to lie here i only wanted to ship my item back in the box i provided (haha).Now this genesis thread was restarted to help people learn about genesis which i have one(do you?).My ups experience may have been unique but i posted it any way.Lastly to get back on topic.I bought the sullivan hex start also crash it works great.I also built a new handle out of aluminum to fix the one that originally came with the truck.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Traely

I truely feel sorry for you guys..

I tried months ago to point that there was massive issues with CEN not telling us anythign about this truck and telling KerryG fasle information..

I believe someone here said give the truck a chance.... Well it was given and it umm fell apart.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

I e-mailed CEN and asked them about the blown engine being a problem and they said that out of the couple thousand that were shipped out that there were only three blown bearings on the engine.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:06 PM
tomandemmy

I think we know about all the issues and i feel they are gonna take care of them.I know its gonna take some time.I have had to phone call and email but as busy as they are they take care of whatever situation i have had.The second batch is defect free i would totally tell someone to buy one.I loved the wheelies while driving the truck the power was great.Andrew and mike have been working with most everybody on the issues daily.I look forward to posting more info after the care package fixes.Id like to thank everyone who has taken time to post valuable information on the truck.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:06 AM
fred delbridge

HI i was just searching the net and saw the ups store post here.I died laughing my local store tried to pull the same crap!!.I CANT believe the guy posted he works for them.Go complain you might get money back!I did!Good luck you got suckered!!
Old 07-21-2004, 11:08 AM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: fred delbridge

HI i was just searching the net and saw the ups store post here.I died laughing my local store tried to pull the same crap!!.I CANT believe the guy posted he works for them.Go complain you might get money back!I did!Good luck you got suckered!!
lol yah it is pretty messed up that they said that. Before I worked there I went to UPS store all the time and they NEVER hassled me or gave me those problems. They did always ask if they could pack the package for me, but nah! why spend the extra 10-15$ for that?!
Old 07-21-2004, 05:48 PM
RCnutz

Does anyone know if there is a place online where they sell Genesis Parts? I can't find one.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:03 PM
ct4-s owner

http://www.zertuchegroup.com/home.htm

Talk with Gus. Has everything for CEN cars and trucks.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:06 PM
bustergonad

RC,
It would be nice if there was a place online that sold the Genesis let alone the parts

http://www.zertuchegroup.com/home.htm

Talk with Gus. Has everything for CEN cars and trucks.
He probably won't have any parts for the Genesis until he gets his shipment of the trucks. I've got my order in with them and they told me they won't get the trucks until the second batch comes in (hopefully by the end of this week).

Buster

Just waiting for my Genesis.....170 days and counting.....
Old 07-23-2004, 08:35 AM
ace@
My Feedback: (9)

Just making sure i'm not the only one, has anyone got a care package yet. i know not till the 25th but maybe they got done early!LOL
Old 07-23-2004, 08:46 AM
Gulliver Foyle

No care package yet, for me anyway.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:11 PM
radamansx12

After weeks of babying the Genesis out of fear of something breaking, today I said screw it. I grabbed some fuel and headed to a construcion site to see what this truck was realy cpable of doing. First I have to tell you what I did to the truck. I had origianlly switched the high torque f/r servo to throttle breaking position, but it soon crapped out on me I ended up replacing it with another high torque servo by hight tech. It would prove to be not high torque enough. I also moved the position of the servo saver conecting rod to the outer hole. I also added the larger pre-loads to all eight primary shocks. Now on to some bashing. I added fuel, primed the engine and it stared on the second pull. I let it warm up and squeezed the trigger and headed for the ruts and gravel piles. I'm on my 12th tank and I havent even tuned for speed yet and WOW. This thing moves. I first tackeled some ruts and spall dirt mounds and it handeled like it was nothing. I was running with two buddies running titans and the they could'n keep up. Fast out of the pocket and wheelies almost on demand. The only complaint at this point is the breaks suck. Like I said before, I guess the servo isn't high torque enough. Because of this I didn't do any really high speed runs or try to hit third. Quite honestly with the two gears that were working it performed like a champ. Sure footed on the ground and handled pretty good in the air. When jumping it tends to go nose high but easily corrected with a tape of the brake. After one tank I brought it in for inspection. NOTHING BROKE. All the teeth were still there on the spur gear and clutch bell. Diff's were good (via roll test). All shocks in tackt. I let it cool off and added more fuel. This time I'm headed to the big gravel hills. Jump after jump it handeled like a champ. The Titans couldn't even get up the 75 degree incline let alone with enough speed to jump it but I was doing it and jumping 4 or 5 feet in the air and all the landing were not perfect yet still, NOTHING BROKE. After the second tank I brought it in for another inspection. ALL the teeth still there and diffs still good. I let it cool off and then added another tank. I started it up to let it warm up then........it just died. No change in tone, no spike in rmp, just died. I tried to start it and the pull start would not budge. I took the back plate off to see if it spun a bearing and it had not. What had happend was the pin that connects the bottom of the connecting rod to the pull start assemply sheared off and a piece of it had lodged between
bottom of the housing and the connecting rod. I called Andrew, he told me no problem. Send it in and they would send me another one. The only bad part is I'm in the military stationed in Germay so I have and APO address which means they have to do a customs form and they don't have any. So it has to be sent to someone in the states. I'm going back on leave the begining of Aug anyway so no big deal. Customer service so far A+. My rating of the Genesis so far A-. This truck is an awesome basher and has some seriouse racing potential despite it's weight and size. There is no doubt that once these bugs are worked out this truck will be the truck to have.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

A- for a brand new truck with a blown engine? You guys crack me up!!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:27 PM
radamansx12

Your opinion is your opinion. All I'm saying is from what I've seen 1st hand with MY truck, considering what I put it threw and nothing else broke. At this time It's an A-. Now if I get a new engine and the problem happens again, then no doubt my opinion of the truck will change. For now I'm chalking it up to a new product with expected bugs. Interpret it however you want.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54415.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	156568  
Old 07-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Razoo
My Feedback: (2)

And your opinion is yours, but I expect and demand that I get what I pay for! Have fun playing with your truck next month!
Old 07-23-2004, 09:02 PM
RCnutz

A- my back plate! 4 engines broke so far to my knowledge. They don't seem to be too worried about these parts failing in the engine. I guess it takes at least 50 engines to go bad before they consider it a problem.
I don't care about new model and blah blah. Thats a lame excuse!
A+ skindeep
F for the organs.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:02 PM
binaryterror

Yeah 4 problems posted here. Not saying RCU is not cool, but imagine all the people just straight contactin CEN and not posting or don't have that much access to the 'net.

4 of the same problem to me means...time to rethink things.
Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 AM
RCnutz

I wonder.... What’s cheaper? Recalling 2000 trucks or testing 20 of them extensively before releasing the 2000?
There was no testing. I guess it's better not to think that the engine is a problem....Maybe it will go away all by itself.
We'll wait and see how this story will end.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.