Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST radio ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 08:09 PM
tripplefatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST radio ????

well when i got my lst on monday...i went out to start the break in,,,put the 4 aa in the hold...charged the batts for the radio & out i went...but i got some glitching(sp)..the servo's were all over the place???..but it didnt do it all the time..just every now & then...so i ran it..seemed ok..& then it just stoped...at a idle...so i changed the channel & it seemed fine..but then it started to glitch again..could the fuel filter riding on the head caused this???.. or could the batterie back picked up some kind of interference(sp) ridimg on the chassy.. I moved the fuel filter away from the head & put in a 5 cell race pack & seems to be gone
But what could of caused this????
Old 07-14-2004, 08:23 PM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: LST radio ????

The metal to metal of the filter very well could have caused it. When I had an XS3, it seemed very sensitive to anything like that. It would glitch in my XXX KE because of the graphite chassis until I taped the battery holder completely. Thats the only thing that drove me to the 3PK. If you have it fixed though, it's a great radio.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:24 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Its your radio, Have it sent back to the company and get a new one
Old 07-14-2004, 08:28 PM
Texdav

If the filter had a metal part touch other metal part could be. Also the battery box for AA's often make poor contact between batteries and the box contacts. A bad cell in AAs ;who knows knows since what you did apparently fixed it.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:33 PM
twisted

sledgemanass, i think thats the last thing he wants to do after wiating a longtime for thetruck.i think it was the filter vibrating against the head that caused the glitching.metal to metal vibrating can cause a high frequency noise that can interfer with the radio and receiver.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:36 PM
tripplefatty

thanks guys!!! I hope isnt a problem again..I would be very pissed off.I will be racing the lst very soon & dont need to have any radio problems at the track