Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

where are all the revo owners???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

where are all the revo owners???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
maddmaxxer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are all the revo owners???

I was just wondering i have heard next to nothing from them. I really wanted to see what the big t released.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:13 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: where are all the revo owners???

They are all on the Traxxas forums patting each other on the back saying, "Hey, its not the size that matters...Its what you do with it". Honestly though, im shocked. I expected a ton of hype over any new Traxxas product.

Matt
Old 07-15-2004, 04:19 PM
methane

yep, i'm wondering too. the board just lit up when the lst's hit. maybe the revos are just starting to hit the shelves.

i'm looking forward to reading about it

hey matt, why don't you get a revo and then you can do a revo vs. lst shootout for us
Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 PM
bamaracer0

most people that have revo's are the traxxas froum marshalls, they got first dibs, just recently has a handful of lucky #1's gotten their revos for lhs's, and alot of them are in or around TX, heh go figure
Old 07-15-2004, 04:53 PM
ronz
My Feedback: (1)

yeah I have been wondering the same thing???

I was waiting to hear bashing and racing stories but nothing.

The ones that do have it all they do is take pics and thats it. I guess they
dont want it to break. Hope to hear some racing stories. Hopefully someone
buys one here in town then I can see what all the hype was about. Seems
like a dud so far. Nothing but hype from traxxas but the owners seem pretty
tight lipped.

Oh well I am happy with my LST even though I havent been able to use it yet.
Waiting for parts to get here sometime next week.

Have a machine shop making me a new engine mount, hopefully they can and
I can race at the big trophy race here in western canada
Old 07-15-2004, 08:10 PM
William Q

it's not that us waiting on the revo don't have anything to say about it, but traxxas shipped out the first shipment on the 9th of july according to there website. horizon got that shipment and has sent the shipments of revo out on the 14th of july to lhs, so it won't be until next week that we start getting them. matter of fact where i live in florida i called about the revo and they told me next week but they got in an one LST today from horizon. so we are still waiting, and believe me when they start making it to the lhs you will know when everyone start talking about them.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:39 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: methane

hey matt, why don't you get a revo and then you can do a revo vs. lst shootout for us
Oh, im sure i'll find one in my collection some time. Not sure when, but it will happen.

Matt
Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 PM
popa71

We are patiently waiting. Im pretty sure it wont be a disapointment!!!!!! Id rather wait a few extra days than be complaining about the truck like the guys in the Genisis thread

Ronz why havent you been able to use your LST. Seems like your doing the same thing with your LST as you claim the Revo owners are doing. What do you mean your waiting for parts?????
Ive never heard of someone taking a new truck and sitting it on the shelf because they wanted to hop it up first.. You do this but at the same time say this about Revo owners. Are you sure you werent talking about yourself when you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!

you say your happy with it but you havent run it . I guess your happy looking at it????

This is not an LST bash its just that that post makes no sense
Old 07-16-2004, 01:02 AM
monst@r

ORIGINAL: popa71

Ive never heard of someone taking a new truck and sitting it on the shelf because they wanted to hop it up first.. You do this but at the same time say this about Revo owners. Are you sure you werent talking about yourself when you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well you going hear the first person. My E-Maxx has been sitting on my desk for a couple of monthss because I'm buying upgrades first before I run it, so I don't break it. Haven't ran it once. New tires, rims, Pro-Line steering kit, Pro-Line suspension, new shocks, etc.
Old 07-19-2004, 02:11 PM
William Q

this is getting really bad, i had hope to get my revo on friday but no luck then when i get there they tell me even worse news. according to horizon the first shipment has already went out on the 14th of july. so if i don't get it today then that'll mean i'll have to wait for the second shipment which horizon doesn't even get until the 26th of july, which means i'm looking about the first week of AUGUST. and if the second shipment doesn't come by the first week of AUGUST then i should get one on the third shipment in AUGUST which would be the last week in AUGUST or first week of SEPTEMBER. This SUUUUUCCCCCCCKKKKKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is the info my lhs got fom horizon, now the guys at my hobby shop love playing jokes so i'm praying this is one of them.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:33 PM
bamaracer0

I guess I missed this one after I bought my REVO.

PRESENT! check out my "The REVO is mine!!!" topic I keep it updated and I will post a review after I'm done breaking in and tuning and had a chance to run it several times, I may wait 'till saturday when one of my dads friend and his friends go to a churt(sp?) pit and run thiers.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:13 PM
William Q

more bad news i called my lhs and they told me no joke it won't be here until AUGUST. i think i'm going to go ahead and get the 1/8 mayhem and get the revo like when ever it shows up at my lhs. sad day in r/c for me.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:34 PM
MAXXacceleration

Well, do a thread on the Mayhem, T losi. I'm looking at and like that buggy too.
Two Revos are (were?) sitting on the shelve unsold in Tukwila Wa(Seattle) this past weekend...
Old 07-19-2004, 07:56 PM
itrunshot

There was a revo at a shop in sanford, fl today. Dont know which one, my brother told me he saw it.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:57 AM
William Q

i would love to run a thread on the mayhem if i could get one. i found out yesterday that the mayhem comes from horizon, which is where the revo comes from to get to my lhs. but the mayhem hasn't hit the shelves yet either. so it's like all down hill from here. i'll have to wait until august for either one of them. this is a sad month in my history of r/c.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Dr.Weasel

I'm wondering the same thing "where are all the revo owners" there is one person on this board that has a revo and there are atleast 8 people that have LST's. I didnt even know the revo was out so when i saw it at earl's hobby hanger in logan UT. i almost fainted. I didnt even know it was out yet. I saw it last friday (july16) and he said he had had the truck in since tue(july13). They only had one revo and four LST's but they sold all the lst's before i even got there. I was kind disapointed by how much breakable plastic this truck had so i'm eager to hear from a bashing report. You guys have to feel the suspension on this truck because it super plush. Needless to say i didnt have $460 with me so i dont have one.
The Doc.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:48 AM
bustergonad

I was just in a LHS in Ft. Myers FL (SW Florida) and he had a couple of Revo's on the shelf (that was on saturday).

Buster
Old 07-21-2004, 09:20 AM
William Q

no luck for me yet my lhs still hasn't got a revo yet. and they are still telling me it'll be here in august so i'm still waiting.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:33 AM
Duratraxxas

Unfortunatly only a few people got there Revos on the first shipment. A lot of hobby shops only got one. My LHS told me that his distributor ordered 2000 Revos and was only getting 30 or 40!![:@] It could take a while for everyone to get there Revo at this rate.[&o]
Old 07-21-2004, 10:09 AM
krwson

mine is here and running fine, it is a marvel for sure! it is just broke in with NO problems can't wait to get some set up tips from Slaydaddy. the REVO seems to be all it's cracked up to be and more. time will tell