Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

AM I the only rc truck and car addict??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

AM I the only rc truck and car addict??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 11:25 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AM I the only rc truck and car addict??

I simply cannot stop buying these crazy vehicles!! It started with 2 and now its over 20. I own the savage .25, associated monster Gt, GS storm sut, The dominator, the dirt demon, three stadium trucks, a losi, associated, and nitro evader. Ofna ld3, hpi rs4, fusion .21, cen ct 4, and yokomo gt4 rtr. Its just extremely addictive.

My new purchase is a tamiya tnx. I've read all the stats, and it will replace my tmaxx.

I also have 2 buggies, a ofna ultra gt , and a ofna mbx pbs. I have found the monsters more of my style because of ground clearance and the terraign I run on. Both buggies are for sale, the mbx is brand new in the carrying case. If I had a track close by I would probabally keep it.

I confess im a nitroaholic[:@]
Old 07-15-2004, 11:26 PM
bkmademedoit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AM I the only rc truck and car addict??

i have 2 questions. where do you work and can you get me a job there?
Old 07-15-2004, 11:31 PM
silverman1

I work in the mental health profession, don't drink, or mess with drugs. I used to ride motorcycles, but hurt my back. This is now my speed fix. I've never missed a days work because of the injury, i did it weight lifting. Being single helps me to afford this hobby, but so does the credit card.[:@]
Old 07-15-2004, 11:35 PM
creyc

you didn't answer his second question
Old 07-15-2004, 11:38 PM
bkmademedoit

well i meet all of the criteria except hurting myself and having a good job. one of the 2 is very important.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:47 PM
silverman1

I work at torrance state psychiatric hospital, and yes i have been told by patients that UFO's beam people up daily!!!!

Bottom line if you want something get out and Bust your butt and earn it. I worked hard to get the degree, and give it 100% + everyday. I choose to be a leader not a follower[:@]
Old 07-16-2004, 12:43 AM
Dr.ArmoMaxx

your not alone

but i dont have 20, and not all 4 wheeler
Old 07-16-2004, 02:42 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

well i dont even kno what to do with my 5 trucks ...imagine having 15 more
Old 07-16-2004, 08:41 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

Silverman,
Sorry to hear the back injury took you off the bike
that's where most of my hobby money goes too
When I got back into RC cars I had to give up golf, RC racing is just more fun,

with a wife and 2 kids it aint easy
I still own 8 cars/trucks(just sold one too, it was 9) and we all have MX bikes

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go, etc etc
Old 07-16-2004, 10:20 AM
Sweetshoes90210

That is just awesome. 20 trucks, wow.

"Hmm, What truck wit I take today?" "Oh I have an idea, lets put them all on the smame channel, use one radio and go crazy!!!"

Man that must be awesome. But 20 trucks really isn't my first priority
Old 07-16-2004, 10:21 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Bottom line if you want something get out and Bust your butt and earn it. I worked hard to get the degree, and give it 100% + everyday. I choose to be a leader not a follower[:@]

You couldn't be more right. I have a stack of RC's and so many other toys as well. I don't make a huge amount of money but it's more than enough to get me all of the RC's, motorcycles, and cars I want. One of these days, I will get them all together and post pics of them. It may suck when you start broke and can't afford anything but eventually when you stick with it, you get plenty in return.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:12 AM
joe78586
My Feedback: (3)

You are definately not the only addict here.
I only owen 1 t-maxx and a savage thats on its way home. I would have more but I just sttarted working this summer so more will be coming..lst...Revo...
With the little money I had I was able to buy 5 engines (Torq .21, Os .12cv diesel, Sirio 3.0, Os .26 4stroke, and an Os .40 4stroke) for my maxx to expirement. All used engines. And I am sticking with the .40 so I am selling the others to buy another truck. And some hopups for my maxx.
Now that I got a job things are going to speed up around here
Old 07-16-2004, 12:39 PM
silverman1

Speed, and thrills, I have always loved it and needed it. I never go half @#$% into anything. If im going to work i'll give it 150% +. My boss knows this and loves this about me. He knows things are well managed and I'll get them done right. Im always looking for the edge, but money is the limiting factor, whether it comes to Lawn mowers, weedeaters, rc cars, fishing rods, or fishing I go big, and hope it does not bite me in the @#$%. I like the diversity of all the rc trucks and cars, all are different all have different qualities i like.

Rc's and fishing are my big hobbies, the fish I fish for are extreme, small ones 20" big boys run in 30" range, you use light line, a light weight rod and pray. Im talking about STEELHEAD, big fast, and strong. To date, largest 12lb 4 oz 30", 6lb test.

FISH ON!!!!

Opps, sorry guys wrong site, but if you fish you gotta do this at least once, and if you don't you'll end up with 400+ in equippment if you try it, totally freakin awesome!!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Spudnik

you are the envy of all married men, those who are kids and don't have teh money, and those who have sself control
Old 07-17-2004, 10:23 PM
nd2xlr8

If I was able to afford that many trucks at once I would vote Republican. LOL!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:23 AM
iliketobreakthings

wow 20 trucks... can you give us some pictures.... im addicted to rc but i have only 1 car....[&o] thats al i can afford.... when i get a good job and finish college im gonna have like 10
Old 07-18-2004, 09:27 PM
silverman1

Actually I own a mixture of monsters, stadium trucks, buggies, and touring sedans. Im not rich, maybe a bit foolish for owning all these cars and trucks, living tightly, and paying the credit card company. When your single, and don't have any other hobbies, or have a woman, you can do this kind of stuff. I don't make big money at all, and if things would change id have to sell off some of my collection. As for pictures if i could only figure out how to operate this digital camera, its a pain. The bottom line is if you work hard, set your priorities it can happen. As a single guy, im not really worried about my home being fancy, as long it is comfortable, and as long the cars i use for work are reliable. When i was 12 years old my dad co-signed a loan so i could buy my first motorcycle. I had a 4 mile paper route, mowed yards, did odd jobs, and repaired my bikes with my dads' help. I always had motorcycles, not new but they ran. Like i said if you want it get out and hussle for it. I got a 2000.00 dollar bonus from where i worked this year, it was not because i was lazy, but relaible, determined to give my best, and thats the most important thing i can instill in you younger guys, and gals growing up, hussle, work hard, study those books like you mean it. I did not study hard in school, and paid for it with 4 & 5 dollar an hour jobs doing hard labor. When i went to college I busted my tail, summer jobs I worked hard. Don't be afraid to study hard, and work hard, had i known what i know now, i would have killed the books in school. my brother manages 2 plants, flies all over the world, makes, I am guessing somewhere in the six figure bracket, but he hustles.

trust me it is worth it[:@]
Old 07-18-2004, 09:39 PM
ICrashThings

Wait if u have like 20 trucks, Where do u put them?