Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST track set-ups and driving tips please.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST track set-ups and driving tips please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 10:55 AM
LSTing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST track set-ups and driving tips please.

I have never raced a monster truck before, but I ran my LST on the track at my hobby shop now I am hooked. Can you guys give me some ideas on how to set the truck up? The track has tight turns, and a few small jumps. There is also a straight away that is really rough.

My truck bounces alot on the straight (seems like the tires?), and what is the best way to corner a monster truck (I am used to only rear brakes like on a stadium truck). I always end up way deep in the corners because you can't turn while braking. Also on the gas in corners it seems to want to go straight, and i drift out of the corner.

Thanks ahead for any driving or truck set-up tips.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:17 AM
ThermalRD

Default RE: LST track set-ups and driving tips please.

It all depends on track surface, driving style, etc. I have been running my LST on the track quite a bit. I find its actually VERY track friendly right out of the box. Why cant you turn while braking? I always do with all of my trucks, especially on a track when i want to whip it thru a tight corner. If your track is really rough, and you're bouncing alot, then you will need to soften your suspension a bit. You could try just removing some of the shock spacers. If that doesnt do it, then a lighter oil will. We will have many more setup options when losi releases the new tires, springs, etc.

Matt
Old 07-18-2004, 11:30 AM
bubbafien
My Feedback: (1)

well i think if i were you, i would probably pick up some of the new REVO 3.8 race tires coming out. they will be better than any other race tire currently on the market. that will make the truck alot lighter and more responsive. try softening your suspension if it is still too bumpy. but i think those huge tires is what is making it bumpy.

bubbafien
Old 07-18-2004, 12:16 PM
ThermalRD

ORIGINAL: bubbafien

well i think if i were you, i would probably pick up some of the new REVO 3.8 race tires coming out. they will be better than any other race tire currently on the market. that will make the truck alot lighter and more responsive. try softening your suspension if it is still too bumpy. but i think those huge tires is what is making it bumpy.

bubbafien
Nope, there will be NO little revo tires on this monster for me. I wanted this truck for many many reasons. One of which is that regardless of its huge size, its VERY nimble on the track. I'll be buying Losi tires when they come out. For now, the stock are really good on my track.

Matt
Old 07-18-2004, 01:51 PM
LSTing

I think I am just coming into the corners too hot, so with a handful of brake it does not want to turn. On my stadium truck I could just powerslide the corner.

Do you brake before the turn and power through or coast and hit the throttle once you are lined up with the straight away?

I think it may be the tires too that make it bounce, because i can watch them doing it, but i will try to soften the suspension and see if that works.

Not that this applies, but I just came back from the skate park. Pulled a backflip off a small quarterpipe (4'-0" high). The kids in that park loved it. Also I crashed pretty hard from some high jumps and broke nothing!!!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 02:41 PM
ThermalRD

It really depends man. Sometimes i hit a corner way too fast, and the best way for me to maneuver it is to blast the throttle and swing the back end around. Most of the technical areas of a track you'll find me blipping the gas, and tapping the brake. Its all practice.

Matt