Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST vs. Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:09 PM
LSTing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST vs. Truggy

Has anyone drivin both, how do they compare?

I want to get a mayhem and make it a truggy, but if is no different than my lst i don't want to waste my money.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:21 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: LST vs. Truggy

They are worlds apart man. For starters the truggy has the LOW center of gravity. You can drift these thru sweeper turns when setup right. Very fun, very fast thru turns. The truggy lacks in the suspension department. Great for smooth fast tracks, not so great on rough tracks, and bashing. The truggy has the benefit of a bump start motor. Leaving you alot more choices for motors. Truggies are a bit smaller, so thats an advantage on a track. Personnally i think they are too sensitive in the air when jumping. The LST to me combines everything i want in a truck, all into one package. Its monster size, turns tighter than any truck i've driven, and its lightning fast, and soaks up everything on the track. But honestly, the driving experience between a truggy and an LST is alot different.

Matt
ORIGINAL: LSTing

Has anyone drivin both, how do they compare?

I want to get a mayhem and make it a truggy, but if is no different than my lst i don't want to waste my money.
Old 07-22-2004, 01:40 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

mgt one of the truggy imo
Old 07-22-2004, 09:50 AM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

it depends alot on the driver too. Apparently the LST had issues shifting constantly, and the Truggy out beat them on the track for the second time out in wisconsin. I like my truggy, it can take pretty much anything you give it...
Old 07-22-2004, 12:16 PM
binaryterror

So far for racing the Mammoth, SUT, MGT all seem to be able to keep ahead of the LST. But remember the LST is newer and it may come into racing better here in the coming months.

I like the Truggy style over the MT. The LST does have some great handling for an MT (got to drive one at my LHS), but I personally like my Mammoth more (maybe because I'm more used to it though).

In the end it all depends on what you want to do, and what you like. Buying the Buggy then converting to a Truggy means you have 2 vehicles in one. If you don;t like Truggys you could always go back to 1/8th buggy.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:27 PM
ThermalRD

Hey BT, have you had that mammoth out to Dirt Burners yet? Lets hit that track next week sometime. I'll see if i can get some other LST guys, and some savage friends.

Matt
Old 07-22-2004, 03:03 PM
binaryterror

I'd love to ThermalRD, but unfortunately my Mammoth and X-Factor are at my parents (moving in while trying to sell our home). I'll see what's up soon though. It'd have to be a weekend most likely.

How much is track time at DirtBurners?
Old 07-22-2004, 03:25 PM
blackrain

i have a truggy i would take it over a lot of these new tucks i personaly like to race great for the track and even bashing i run a jt hybrid there just so much lighter and faster. plus you have the option of any size 21 motor and bump start motors produce more power than pull start motors. my truck is plain sick im running a fantom 27 bump start version with rb 086 pipe plus in my opinion there much easier to work on
Old 07-22-2004, 03:46 PM
ThermalRD

DB is kinda expensive if you ask me. For monster trucks they are gonna charge ya 5 dollars an hr, or 10 all day. Just get there early and pay 10. Weekends are fine with me. Let me know when you get your trucks back.

Matt
ORIGINAL: binaryterror

I'd love to ThermalRD, but unfortunately my Mammoth and X-Factor are at my parents (moving in while trying to sell our home). I'll see what's up soon though. It'd have to be a weekend most likely.

How much is track time at DirtBurners?