Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

which is better?

Old 07-22-2004, 07:10 PM
jetski

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which is better?

hey guys i was just wondering for those of your out there that have both the savage and the t-maxx, which one do you like and think is better, and for what reason. thanks

jason
Old 07-22-2004, 07:32 PM
MUDSHED

Default RE: which is better?

My opinion I would go for a Savage. I use to run a T-MAXX at my LHS track. No matter what engine, hop ups, etc. I put into the truck, my buddy who runs a Savage with a Picco .26 always seems to smoke me. And all he did was swap out the stock engine only!! You would have to spend hundreds or in the thousands to get to a SuperMaxx big block level to actually beat or keep up with a Savage (depending what level racer you are and who you are racing). I use to read the forums in the MAXXTRAXX site and they have Supermaxx level T-MAXX guys telling newbies to get a Savage over a T-MAXX!!! By the time you spend the cash to upgrade a T-MAXX to a bigblock level racer, you could have spent that money on a brand new RTR Savage and still have your small block T-MAXX as a back up truck!!! 2 trucks for the price of one!!!
I also think a stock Savage is way more durable than the stock T-MAXX.

Oh yeah....Now to keep my buddy awake and on his toes, I sold my Maxx and got a "REAL" racing monster truck and its called an......... "LST"!!!!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:13 PM
MUDSHED

Then again, I would like to give Traxxas its recognition for releasing the T-MAXX to the world. If there was no T-MAXX, where would the monster truck class be at right now? Would there even be a monster truck class as good as it is right now? Its all good that there is many MT's out there to select from. You cant have everybody running the same truck! Imagine how boring that would be!
Old 07-22-2004, 08:52 PM
FATA
My Feedback: (1)

TMaxx is awesome, although if you want it to be as durible as a Savage you should get RPM a-arms and maybe shock towers.
It costs the same to buy the savage if you buy the Tmaxx with a-arms all around. With them on...good luck trying to break them. Tmaxx is faster too.
In fact i would buy neither and buy a REVO, i have one and it is the best rc vehicle i have ever purchased.