RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

REVO DESTROYED? (Video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2004, 05:02 AM
RCReality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVO DESTROYED? (Video)

ORIGINAL: OZZIE-SAVAGE

Why would you been bashing on such a tight street, and how can someone be such a bad driver.

Secondly when the truck wheels started to roll away after crash why wouldnt you move quickly to swtich it off instead of just staring at it or try driving it with broken wheels that was just plain stupid, almost as stupid as the driver.

This could be a good video in showing the dont of revo, dont drive it in narrow street with cars parked close by, Dont stand around laughing after you demolish the revo.

Also you can post this on a video cameraing skills website for the lack of skills, i cant believe the amount of zoom you used back and forth i got dizzy, also stay off the coffee dude you were shaking like a leaf.

You wanna post videos on here be prepared to be critised.

love the revo cant wait till i get mine.
That's what we are talking about... thanks... we have seen worse.... as for the camera ... I guess you didn't read all of this thread before posting.... take a look here... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...847&tostyle=tm ... watch the new atrocity...
Regards,
TopSlide
Old 07-31-2004, 12:51 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

Doesnt the truck come with a DVD on breakin, and setup procedures? like the maxx? Come on guys. Cant that truck jump? Id like to see some real jumping, and driving in a video. Hook it up man.

Matt
but then the revo would break
Old 08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
RCReality

STOCK Revo AIR RAID Video Coming Soon

Regards,
TopSlide

http://www.rcreality.com/revo.htm
Old 08-02-2004, 10:16 PM
ThermalRD

Nice! When can we expect the new video?

ORIGINAL: RCReality

STOCK Revo AIR RAID Video Coming Soon

Regards,
TopSlide

http://www.rcreality.com/revo.htm
Old 08-02-2004, 10:29 PM
zimzalahbim
My Feedback: (8)

you people are idiots. if you want to break the truck, why not smash on it with a hammer? at least that would be more theraputic
Old 08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
RedDawg303

Default RE: NEW VIDEO: BREAKING (in) YOUR ENGINE

ORIGINAL: cdwhocd

try deleteing your cache files and cookies ... ill make u a acount onthere if u want i wana see if they ban it also
ive tried that and even had a sytem restore since i got kicked off those forums, i would love it if you made me an account at the traxxas forums
Old 08-02-2004, 10:38 PM
RedDawg303

ORIGINAL: dirtbug

you people are idiots. if you want to break the truck, why not smash on it with a hammer? at least that would be more theraputic
are you serious, where would the fun be in smashing your new revo with a hammer, thats just sic. i think there trying to see how durable the truck is, or they probably cant help not driving like idiots. they havent broken anyhting yet, so whats the problem.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:58 PM
RCReality

ORIGINAL: N-Rusty17

are you serious, where would the fun be in smashing your new revo with a hammer, thats just sic. i think there trying to see how durable the truck is, or they probably cant help not driving like idiots. they havent broken anyhting yet, so whats the problem.
You tell em' N-Rusty17.... thanks.....
Old 08-03-2004, 03:36 AM
caseyddr

what have they done to break it? EWW OMG I FLIPEED MY TRUK GOING OVR A SPED BUMP...

that doesnt cut it for me. 1 of my cars got ran over and only broke a A-Arm, and im talking RAN over by a civic.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 AM
howienf

I have bashed my Savage ALOT harder then that and done some crazy **** and havn't broken anything major like in thatp icture. i fail to see how this is a super durable truck. I think time will show it as no more durable then a Tmaxx. As for ultimate MT>..........i reserve that judgement as well until we get alot more feedback. The Revo reminds me more of a stadium truck then a Monster truck...anyone else thing so?

ORIGINAL: popa71

Thermal how could you say the perfomance blows. These guys are turning at top speed and slamming in brakes at full speed. If you ask me the Revo looks awesome. There is not one truck out there you can turn going that fast and not expect it to flip. These guys are not driving like they are on the track they were actually trying to break it!!!!!!!!!!! My Savage has fliped doing much less than they were doing and it has broken more easy. I dont even think that truck was tuned for performance. It looks like we have a new durability king!!!! I actually heard they were awesome at the track. I will find out real soon because my Revo is on the way!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 12:13 PM
caseyddr

ORIGINAL: howienf

I have bashed my Savage ALOT harder then that and done some crazy **** and havn't broken anything major like in thatp icture. i fail to see how this is a super durable truck. I think time will show it as no more durable then a Tmaxx. As for ultimate MT>..........i reserve that judgement as well until we get alot more feedback. The Revo reminds me more of a stadium truck then a Monster truck...anyone else thing so?

ORIGINAL: popa71

Thermal how could you say the perfomance blows. These guys are turning at top speed and slamming in brakes at full speed. If you ask me the Revo looks awesome. There is not one truck out there you can turn going that fast and not expect it to flip. These guys are not driving like they are on the track they were actually trying to break it!!!!!!!!!!! My Savage has fliped doing much less than they were doing and it has broken more easy. I dont even think that truck was tuned for performance. It looks like we have a new durability king!!!! I actually heard they were awesome at the track. I will find out real soon because my Revo is on the way!!!!!!
agreed except on the stadium part, people are jus startin gto fall for the hype again :-/
Old 08-03-2004, 09:27 PM
RedDawg303

what do they have to do to convince you guys, drop the revo from a frickin plane or somthing. they already smashed into a truck going 30 mph and tumbled around in the undercarage and nothing broke. if savages and lst's are so much tougher and you drive them so much harder then why not post some videos of the brutal punishment. i havent seen any videos of the lst getting beatin just some really slow track time, but i guess im supposed to believe its already tougher then a revo or savage, can someone at least post some lst vids that dont have them rolling around the track like an overwieght pig.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:53 PM
RCReality

QUOTE TAKEN FROM TRAXXAS FORUM BY firemanglen
Last weekend we had a big 2 day event with 3 revos, 2 LST's and some super maxx's as well as savages.

Revos did well except for breaking rear shock ends. Took 2 of us out early on in the main. The third revo ended up with a clogged air filter and lost power to end up 4th. It was extremely dusty and that small filter had it's fill after about 25 of 30 minutes.

The LST's just fell apart. It looked like they just couldn't take the abuse. Wheels came off due to hex's melting or breaking, other suspension parts broke. When they were running they were lightning fast and handled very well. They were all over me an my Revo was the fastest one there. Durability was another issue though and I don't think it is there at all with the LST. The Revo also has issues, but they are small ones and should be fairly easy to fix.

Nothing could touch the super maxx's. The only traxxas part left on them was the body mounts. Everything else was Unlimited Engineering stuff and hot motors no less than .26's. I think one of them was running and RB .28. Very impressive, but they had to sink about 3K into them to get there.

Glenn
I found this on traxxas's forum and found it to be worth posting here for eye witness comments of the REVO and LST's racing together... we are gonna have our LST soon and put it through the same scenarios (as wimpy as they are, going 30+ into a stop sign or parked car) as the REVO's and let you see the results...

Regards,
TopSlide
Old 08-03-2004, 10:28 PM
RedDawg303

wow i guess that proves a point. but i garentee you could never convince casey, he'll probably say somthin like "oh the people at the traxxas forums lie so they can sell the crappy revo". lol, all the lst people are like concieted RC10GT owners.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:53 AM
zimzalahbim

it was interesting to read what you people had to say about this video. i can't believe that watching someone try to bust up a brand new rc car, by ramming into concrete curbs, stop signs, and real cars is entertaining. it would be different if a huge jump and an obstacle were involved, but running up and down the street for a half-hour, then bouncing around the undercarriage of a 4-runner, jeez. like i said, beat on that sucker with a hammer, and achieve the same results. this way, you don't waste expensive nitro.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:28 AM
RCReality

it was interesting to read what you people had to say about this video. i can't believe that watching someone try to bust up a brand new rc car, by ramming into concrete curbs, stop signs, and real cars is entertaining. it would be different if a huge jump and an obstacle were involved, but running up and down the street for a half-hour, then bouncing around the undercarriage of a 4-runner, jeez. like i said, beat on that sucker with a hammer, and achieve the same results. this way, you don't waste expensive nitro.
It is blatantly obvious that you have missed our whole approach but we would love to see your video of you beating a REVO with a hammer ... lol.. because that would definately do some real SENSELESS damage. We would put it up on our site no problem. So far, aside from fuel with our 3 revos we have a whopping $1.25 in broken rod ends for damage expenses. One whack of a hammer in the right spot could total anything. Our videos thus far are very mild in comparison to others (ie. http://www.beatyourtruck.com ) we admire. 95% of the RC Hobbyists out there are in the same boat as us and will encounter these same obstacles in their normal driving too who can see what to expect.

Please read this:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.a...343&tostyle=tm
then start at the begining of the thread...

The Logo Says It All

Regards,
TopSlide
Old 08-04-2004, 03:46 AM
caseyddr

wow i guess that proves a point. but i garentee you could never convince casey, he'll probably say somthin like "oh the people at the traxxas forums lie so they can sell the crappy revo". lol, all the lst people are like concieted RC10GT owners.
no my point is ive done everything + more with a Tmaxx that they did and walk away, they proved nothing buy flipping (which dramatically slowed the car down) as it hits a stop sign pole with its body, or going half speed under a car, where the BODY catches underneath. wow amazing

Take your Revo like I did and jump it down a 25 foot dropoff, then tell me what damage you get, my Tmaxx recieved 4 blown shocks, a stripped rim, and all broken body mounts after the flipping.
Old 08-04-2004, 04:08 AM
RCReality

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

no my point is ive done everything + more with a Tmaxx that they did and walk away, they proved nothing buy flipping (which dramatically slowed the car down) as it hits a stop sign pole with its body, or going half speed under a car, where the BODY catches underneath. wow amazing

Take your Revo like I did and jump it down a 25 foot dropoff, then tell me what damage you get, my Tmaxx recieved 4 blown shocks, a stripped rim, and all broken body mounts after the flipping.
What would sailing any model off of a 25 foot dropoff prove at all? "Who cares Daddy will buy me a new one.." or "I couldn't find a hammer". Almost anything out there would break something. Might as well beat it with a hammer. lol... I did say almost.... In all of my tests I have concluded that the toughest truck of them all (and also the most cost effective) can take a 1000 foot catapult launch directly into a brick wall with spikes and incur zero damage whatsoever... everyone should own one its:

My Mighty Tonka Truck ....lol

Regards,
TopSlide
Old 08-04-2004, 07:00 AM
zimzalahbim

keep on rockin in the free world
Old 08-04-2004, 09:02 PM
caseyddr

bleh you seem to think that was my irregular bashing.. Thats how i treated my trucks.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:23 PM
ThermalRD

Hows the air raid video coming along?

Matt
Old 08-05-2004, 12:16 AM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

DAMN!,those guys suck at driving wth majorly
Old 08-06-2004, 02:33 PM
r32drifter
My Feedback: (2)

dang niggas always trying to blow them selves up.[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
HondaCRX

HOLY POO POO! At leas now I know I wont destroy a revo

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, LEARN TO FRIGGIN DRIVE!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:22 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey can you guys send me some free revos to beat to death?? I promise, I'll video tape it!!!!

I am starting a A-arm fund in care of me. If anyone feels inclined to donate money to me for all the dang curbs i hit and a-arms i break id appreciate it[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.