Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Sweetshoes90210

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

For all who didnt know or havnt been reading up lately here is the good news.

Attention CEN GENESIS 46 owners:

If you have purchased your CEN GENESIS 46 prior to (07-15-04), you are entitled to receive a care package that includes new and improved parts from CEN Racing, Free of Charge.

PLEASE NOTE: This applies for the first batch of GENESIS 46 Trucks only. Future trucks have all upgraded parts already installed.

Simply follow the steps below to receive your free care package that has new and improved parts for the CEN GENESIS 46.

1. Locate your receipt dated prior to (07-15-04).
2. Mail your receipt (copy or original) with your orange failsafe included with the truck with the word safeguard on it. Send it Attention: “CEN CARE PACK†(Address Listed below)
3. Make sure to include your ship to address
4. Please note that only one care package will be issued per truck. This will be strongly enforced.

This care package will be available and ready to ship out approximately (07-25-04) and are entitled for the U.S. version of GENESIS 46 only.

Care packages include the following new and improved items.

1. Steel Spur Gears
2. Shims kit
3. 5kg Metal BB throttle Servo
4. 5kg Metal BB forward Reverse Servo
5. 45cm Antenna tube
6. CEN failsafe type A
7. Diff Gears sets x3
8. Improved 3rd speed shift shoes

We apologize for any inconvenience and we would like to thank you for your continued interest in our products.

Regards,
CEN RACING
1800 E Miraloma Ave. Ste F
Placentia, CA 92870
Ph: 714-792-1923
Fax: 714-792-1968
Old 10-10-2004, 08:06 AM
jim haley

Default RE: NEW GENESIS. FOR ALL WHO DIDNT KNOW.

how 'bout the ones that tried to adjust the steering servo and the screw stripped out (locked on tooooo tight from the factory),,had to cut off with dremel tool and fix with 4-40 bolt and nut,,steers much better now ,,my dealer said i would have to buy another and i have,,just seems like Cen could do better than that for the $$$,,,AND i also had a bad glow plug and the set screws on the brake adjusting collars broke too,,,thanks,jim
Old 10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
raykessler

someones been living under a rock for a while

dude most of the genesis owners who this applies to have already gotten their care packages
Old 10-11-2004, 10:41 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: raykessler

someones been living under a rock for a while

dude most of the genesis owners who this applies to have already gotten their care packages

So you feel you have to bash a guy for trying to help out???
Old 10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah MOD, Ive noticed a lot of that lately. Do your own research, Old news on the Warhead when I just tried to inform people. There is nothing wrong with helping someone out.

People need to remember they were Noobs to, full of enthusium, and excitement!!
Old 10-13-2004, 04:38 AM
conrodnz

thanks for that.but iam still waiting for my truck I PURCHASED THE GENESIS FROM ZCARS ,ZERTUCHEGROUP.COM.AND BEEN WAITING SINCE APRIL THIS YEAR.SENT GUSS ALMOST 50 MESSAGES.TILL THIS DAY STILL NOTHING.COSTED ME ALMOST 1500.00NZ DOLLARS. I EVEN SPOKE TO GUSSES WIFE TERRY.SHES THE SAME.AM I THE ONLY ONE WAITING OR SUMONE ELSE WAITING FOR THEIR TRUCK?MY ORDER NUMBER559.CAN ANYONE HELP.EMAIL ME [email protected]
Old 10-13-2004, 04:42 AM
studysession

ORIGINAL: conrodnz

thanks for that.but iam still waiting for my truck I PURCHASED THE GENESIS FROM ZCARS ,ZERTUCHEGROUP.COM.AND BEEN WAITING SINCE APRIL THIS YEAR.SENT GUSS ALMOST 50 MESSAGES.TILL THIS DAY STILL NOTHING.COSTED ME ALMOST 1500.00NZ DOLLARS. I EVEN SPOKE TO GUSSES WIFE TERRY.SHES THE SAME.AM I THE ONLY ONE WAITING OR SUMONE ELSE WAITING FOR THEIR TRUCK?MY ORDER NUMBER559.CAN ANYONE HELP.EMAIL ME [email protected]
You need to complain to the people you ordered from - if they do not come through, write CEN and tell them that a vendor is ripping people off.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:47 AM
neil.jb

i think they are doing you a favour because the genesis is supposed to be a pile of garbage anyway, just cancel your order and get a refund, then go buy a good monster truck instead
Old 10-13-2004, 09:02 AM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

LMAF
Old 10-13-2004, 11:03 AM
ndeepoffroad

Why is it garbage? Because it is a CEN truck?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:54 PM
neil.jb

no, i dont have anything against cen, i have just read about nothing but problems people are having with their genesis trucks, not just small things either
Old 10-13-2004, 06:07 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: ndeepoffroad

Why is it garbage? Because it is a CEN truck?
Not that its a cen truck, its because its plain garbage.... And cen makes it...
Old 10-13-2004, 06:08 PM
studysession

This is not a bash Cen session.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:30 PM
Mxracer45

Since when is stating facts considered bashing?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:58 PM
ndeepoffroad

My truck may be garbage, but it ran like a demon today, and kept up w/ a big block buggy and an electric mini ST around a ST truck track. Both cars were FAST compared to mine, but it hung in there with them, and I am by no means a good driver, but the other two guys were pretty seasoned drivers, one owns the track.

Mod, let 'em say what they want, they just don't like it when a cheap CEN beats their truck in a race or doesn't break when it goes off the same ramp that destroyed their high dollar rigs.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:19 PM
KICKINDIRT

I AGREE WITH NDEEPOFFROAD
Old 10-14-2004, 03:23 AM
neil.jb

like i said, i dont have anything against cen, and if the genesis was proven as being 100% reliable without all the problems its been having then i would seriously consider buying one as i do like the idea of a large truck with a big engine (apart from that nasty body shell) but unfortunately i have read just to many bad things about its reliability and poor build quality to consider it an option
Old 10-14-2004, 07:03 AM
studysession

No truck on the market is 100% reliable. Some people get good ones and others don't.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:52 AM
poor judgement

some people can get sppares - some people cant....
Old 10-14-2004, 08:56 AM
Frost_

ORIGINAL: silverman1

Yeah MOD, Ive noticed a lot of that lately. Do your own research, Old news on the Warhead when I just tried to inform people. There is nothing wrong with helping someone out.

People need to remember they were Noobs to, full of enthusium, and excitement!!
I have approached literally DOZENS of forums as a "Noob" on one subject or another.... It would only be after hours of exhausting the Search function without finding what I was looking for before I would jump in and start a thread. Had you searched AT ALL for either of these subjects you would find recent populated (and popular) threads.

Perhaps people could tell you in a "nicer" fashion, but it is a generally held universal rule of forum conduct, and as such many would expect that you should already know this.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:58 PM
neil.jb

ORIGINAL: studysession

No truck on the market is 100% reliable. Some people get good ones and others don't.

ok, maybe not 100% but you know what i mean, the fact is the genesis has some serious design/build faults which contribute to its very poor reliability record
Old 10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
bustergonad

ORIGINAL: neil.jb

ORIGINAL: studysession

ok, maybe not 100% but you know what i mean, the fact is the genesis has some serious design/build faults which contribute to its very poor reliability record
I don't think it is a problem with the design, I think the Genesis could have used another 6 months of testing and development. CEN had/has a lot riding on this truck and they rushed it to market so they could compete with the new offerings from Losi and Traxxas. I have a Genesis and I beat the living daylights out of it and while it does have it's faults that are indicative of poor quality control the truck has held up very well. Most of the downtime I have experienced has been due to my poor driving breaking things. The other problem the Genesis suffers from is lack of LHS support, out of the 5 LHS's within 35 miles of me only one is an authorized CEN dealer and 2 of the others just refuse to deal with CEN and their products.
On another note, I remember from a post on another forum when the Genesis was first announced it was going to have a much smaller engine (a 0.30). My theory is that the truck was designed around this smaller engine but when CEN realized how big/heavy the Genesis was going to be they had to find a bigger engine. So they came up with the all new 0.46 (a true truck engine rather than a modded heli engine) however they did not re-evaluate the truck taking into consideration the increased power and torque of the new engine. This is now leading to the all to common component failures that the Genesis owners are facing.
Well that's my theory so flame away if you wish, but I have a Genesis and have a lot of fun with it. Yes the downtime sucks but that is part of the hobby to a certain extent.

Buster
Old 10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Orlando69

Genesis[8D] oh yeah baby!!!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 10:28 AM
cfrage

I've only had one thing brake on my Genny (3rd batch) and that was the shift fork for forward/reverse, and it was my fault at that. So far I'm loving mine... Of course, the fact that I paid about half the retail price for mine helps too
Old 10-16-2004, 10:29 AM
oatmealman
Banned

how'd you pay half retail price[&:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.