Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

LST..ppl...what do you think????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

LST..ppl...what do you think????

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:34 PM
tripplefatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LST..ppl...what do you think????

Old 08-02-2004, 05:54 PM
fantomas
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: LST..ppl...what do you think????

hey you know we have are own forum... dont you?
Old 08-02-2004, 06:13 PM
ThermalRD

Wheel hexes dont surprise me. Not at all. Thats happened to me sooo many times with my savage. The clutch bell is a different story though. Thats some nasty wear! What does the spur gear look like? How many gallons, and what motor are you running? Be sure to call Bill, or Richard T at Losi and let them know about that.

Matt
Old 08-02-2004, 07:18 PM
tripplefatty

fantomas..no sorry
As for the motor.. stock...fuel one gallon of 20%..as for the spur gear's they show very little wear...witch is odd.I noticed this just before a 30 minute main...when i was going threw the truck..I called Horizon & they told me it was from wear..I say one gallon of track time & they look like this ..it is not from wear & they didnt like that so they told me to call losi.Talked to bill at losi & he said he will be sending out a new clutch bell & hex..he even said he would send me out a new set of spur gears as well..
LOSI ROCK"S...& THANK'S BILL YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:47 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, thats not from wear. I can check mine right now, but i KNOW they dont look like that. Especially with a stock motor, and 20% nitro at 1 gallon. Just a defective gear i guess. Let us know if it happens again. And yes, Bill and Losi are great to work with.

Matt
ORIGINAL: tripplefatty

fantomas..no sorry
As for the motor.. stock...fuel one gallon of 20%..as for the spur gear's they show very little wear...witch is odd.I noticed this just before a 30 minute main...when i was going threw the truck..I called Horizon & they told me it was from wear..I say one gallon of track time & they look like this ..it is not from wear & they didnt like that so they told me to call losi.Talked to bill at losi & he said he will be sending out a new clutch bell & hex..he even said he would send me out a new set of spur gears as well..
LOSI ROCK"S...& THANK'S BILL YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 08:48 PM
creyc

Check that your slipper clutch is backed out about 1 turn. From past experience with improperly tuned slippers I's seen things like this happen, sort of. Usually it's the spur that goes though, metal vs. plastic and plastic wins...hmm

Now I see where my $600 is going, to help all the other early adopters fix their trucks.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:52 PM
fantomas

metal vs. plastic and plastic wins...hmm
yea that is strange! also you can shread gears if your gear mesh is to loose or to tight
Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 PM
tripplefatty

creyc... the slipper is set around 1 & 1/2 turn's...maybe more...each heat i was i tacking it out a little more ..because the track was getting dryer each round
fantomas......if you look at the pick's you can tell that the bell was getting a good bite on the spur
I will post pick's of the spur gears latter
Old 08-02-2004, 10:18 PM
tripplefatty

The spur has some wear on it..but nothing like the old bell...Even the bell in the pick ..that only has 17 minutes of run time on it ..also shows wear..(17 minutes is how long the truck went in the a main..& that is when the hex stripped..* yes i was in the lead...if i was not in the lead the hex would of never stripped)...hope the the set coming from losi hold's up better...
Old 08-02-2004, 11:32 PM
fantomas

hey tripplefatty, do you think that something got kicked up into the gears (that little open slot) from underneath the gear guard?
Old 08-03-2004, 02:01 AM
brandonking

Hey tripple, looks like your gear mesh is too lose. Is it just me or is the gears too far apart. You don't want a lot of play when you move the spur gear back and forth. Think it's grabbing on the end of the gear and just bending the crap out of the teeth. Don't know why the plastic doesn't wear like that though........hmmmmm
Old 08-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Burna Tire

Thats what my gears look like but i figured it was the stone embeded in the spur gear and the area i drive in.IMO the pinions are kinda soft cause this hasent ever happened to my ofna buggy,but that has steel pinion & spur gears.I'm really looking forward to seeing what the secondary gear cover looks like that they have in the options part section.

Burn
Old 08-03-2004, 05:18 PM
tripplefatty

The gear mesh is perfect..& i only ran it on the track..(clay dirt 50/50)...I hope when i get my new set from losi...this dosnt happen again
Old 08-03-2004, 11:18 PM
twisted

it has to be a design flaw . i dont know about what you guys think but imo plastic should wear before aluminum.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Burna Tire

the design flaw is they were made out of aluminum,they should have been made out of steel or even hardened steel.

Burn
Old 08-05-2004, 12:52 PM
GotSavage?

ORIGINAL: Burna Tire

the design flaw is they were made out of aluminum,they should have been made out of steel or even hardened steel.

Burn

I think this is exactly the reason it wore out like that. One other thing to consider it the sise of the two gears. The clutch bell rotates alot more than the spur gear and therefore wears out faster. Plus the composite used for the plastic gears is alot stronger than people give it credit for.