Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

geting in to rc

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 03:56 PM
rccarchick687

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default geting in to rc

ok i posted some thing about in the general rc but they didnt what to help me. I whant a truck that will kill my girlfriends truck. there is alot of rc people down where i live and whant to get into itand i whant a truck what is good out there dont whant any thing super fast and will not brank on me

thanks for the help

Ashley
Old 08-04-2004, 04:06 PM
speedy_moe

Default RE: geting in to rc

I have a CEN MT2 this is an ok truck. It is one of the cheaper ones out there. It also can take some what of a beating.

I am now looking at the Kyosho MAD FORCE. This truck from what I have read is fast and is very tough.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Sounds like you need a Savage. NOthing Beats it's durability as a stock truck. It isn't the fastest MT out there, but can hold it's own with some performance hop-ups (ie: pipe, air filter, tires, and springs). Once you feel the need you can throw in a Mach, Picco, or even go with the Truckzilla kit to fulfill the need for speed you'll end up having. THere is also the new LST, I have yet to see more than the videos of it, and one on the shelf at the LHS, but it looks to be a great truck too, just more pricy.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:27 PM
sarpiparpi

DEFINATELY SAVAGE
Old 08-05-2004, 12:26 AM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

Hmm there is a lot of Monster trucks out there today that are nice but there are different demands for diff people if you want something that wont break so easily yeh a Savage would work also you might want to check out the new Traxxas Revo lil more pricy but made by Traxxas an ok trusted brand,And the MGT.I myself have had a T-maxx 2.5 for about 6 months now and i havent broken one single part yet and im on the track atleast once er twice a week.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:18 AM
bajan_dread

My friend, sounds like a savage is right down your alley, like your read in previous posts if you wanna kick up her speed down the line toss in a better motor. what, you may not have the cash to waste on a engine right now? the rtr comes with a second clutch bell that'll kick up her speed alittle, thats just my 2 cents! Good Luck and one more thing you never mentioned what type of truck you was planning on running against.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:18 AM
motorpsycho502

It might be a little of a stretch and a quick learning curve, BUTTTTT, I have had buggies, boats, planes and trucks and I REALLY think that the most bang for the buck you get right now is the LST, not just because of the radio or anything else, it's ALL the features and handling, speed, durability, in air weight balance put together that make it SOOOOO much better than the others right out of the box, the only thing I recommend is keep some spare axles just in case. Savage is nice but at 450.00, you would have to spend more than the difference between it and the LST to make it as nice as the LST (and it still would not be as good)
Old 08-05-2004, 02:55 PM
bamaracer0

I would just research, find what you like in each truck and decide, maybe truck a has something you like but truck b doesnt have that, but something you like better. Its a hard decision, but I chose the REVO, because it seemed to be a good racer and good for me just to run around my yard. What I have found out is hobby knives are evil, I cut my finger this morning.

Whatever you choose have fun with it!
Old 08-05-2004, 07:51 PM
pooman07
My Feedback: (2)

Well Savage is 38 MPH in the box but is bigger,t-maxx is 40 MPH in the box But its smaller,and Mammoth is 50 MPH in the box but smaller engine

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=30157 Mammoth video
http://www.modelflight.com.au/model_...videos_car.htm T-maxx video

http://www.frequency-rc.com/portal/h...nChannel=Files Savage video (click the more button to the right of the screen shot)