40.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

revo or genisis

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 01:54 PM
mbx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default revo or genisis

i am curently in the process of purchising a newrc vehicle i am at a stalemate between the revo and the genisis any sugestions?
Old 08-06-2004, 01:57 PM
ThermalRD

Default RE: revo or genisis

Why the double post??? You started this in the traxxas forum too...
Old 08-06-2004, 02:02 PM
mbx

need help deciding ragen or thermalrd sorry exorsist [X(]
Old 08-06-2004, 02:05 PM
mbx

need to decide
Old 08-06-2004, 06:06 PM
tristy

That exorsist picture creeps me out where ever i look it follows[sm=eek.gif]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:09 PM
RushRC
My Feedback: (2)

Totally different trucks there! It would help us if you told us more about what you want to do with the truck

Thanks

Bruce
[link=http://www.rushrc.com]www.rushrc.com[/link]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:39 PM
mbx

well i like speed and i like to smash stuff so i'm stuck[:@] and the exorsist kept me up for a monthEVIL, EVIL[X(][X(][X(]
Old 08-06-2004, 06:42 PM
mbx

EVIL,EVIL,EVIL,EVIL<[X(]exorsist[X(]EVIL,EVIL,EVIL,EVIL
Old 08-07-2004, 08:59 AM
binaryterror

Well last night I compared both (the Genesis is not for sale, it is awaiting the care package, owned by a worker, but he keeps it their for show).

Man I have always been anti-traxxas after owning a bunch of their stuff, but that Revo is amazing, its suspension is smooth, its light, and seems like Traxxas finally did something right...even though that pains me to say. I'd like it to be a .21 or bigger engine and 1/8th scale, but I'd quickly drop the stock TRX2.5 and throw in like a Fantom FR18...it'd be the cats bum.

The Genesis, talk about crap. Shocks and suspension is slow and unresponsive to even playing with it on a counter top. Way to heavy, seems like it's built of all cast iron. The tranny set ups are all complicated and hard to get to. Definately no fun to work on.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:32 AM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

[quote]ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Man I have always been anti-traxxas

You should just say your anti-every brand except XTM LOL!!!! I just can't belive some of the crap you say. We all know that you don't like the Genesis so stop pissing on it already no one cares or at least i don't. Well anyways mbx i think it's all up to you. They are both very different trucks.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:02 PM
mbx

yeah tnks for suggestions i am siding with revo right now so still open to everyones thoughts[8D]
Old 08-07-2004, 12:49 PM
T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Also mbx, I saw someone driving the Revo at my track and to tell you the truth besides the nice new design of it, it drives exactly like a t-maxx which is nothing amazing. the suspension was great but traxxas should have used a bigger better engine than the trx 2.5. The guy who was driving it also told me that the trx carb was still the same and just as bad as the original trx 2.5 carb. and that it hesitated a little off the line in acceleration. all in all it's not as good as expected still good though handled really well too. If you start going for the Genesis again then i suggest wait till the second batch trucks come out as they will have machined gears. if you have not seen the Genesis drive try to. the one thing that stands out on that truck is the amazing power of it. It does not come close to the handling of the Revo but it's still handles pretty good for a 17lb+ truck. If i were you i would wait a little on the Genesis second batch cause it has alot of potential.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:09 PM
mbx

thanks so revo then
Old 08-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

If i were you i would wait a little on the Genesis second batch cause it has alot of potential.
Then you woke up. lol
Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Pagemaster

T-Maxx Killer the 2nd generation Genesis is already out. We have had them in our hobby shop for two weeks now. Our hobby shops test truck is running great. As far as the pole goes, they are two diff trucks. The Genesis is huge and very powerful. The Revo is smaller but more nimble.

Steven Vaccaro
www.OffshoreElectrics.com

ORIGINAL: T-Maxx killer with my cen mt2

Also mbx, I saw someone driving the Revo at my track and to tell you the truth besides the nice new design of it, it drives exactly like a t-maxx which is nothing amazing. the suspension was great but traxxas should have used a bigger better engine than the trx 2.5. The guy who was driving it also told me that the trx carb was still the same and just as bad as the original trx 2.5 carb. and that it hesitated a little off the line in acceleration. all in all it's not as good as expected still good though handled really well too. If you start going for the Genesis again then i suggest wait till the second batch trucks come out as they will have machined gears. if you have not seen the Genesis drive try to. the one thing that stands out on that truck is the amazing power of it. It does not come close to the handling of the Revo but it's still handles pretty good for a 17lb+ truck. If i were you i would wait a little on the Genesis second batch cause it has alot of potential.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:31 AM
TJ31

I say.... REVO! They are very fast, but also super durable!! You can smash them into a car at 40+mph and all they will break are tie-rod ends, etc... (Although NOT RECCOMENDED! haha)
Old 08-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: TJ31

I say.... REVO! They are very fast, but also super durable!! You can smash them into a car at 40+mph and all they will break are tie-rod ends, etc... (Although NOT RECCOMENDED! haha)
I doubt that.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:30 AM
RedDawg303

its true didnt you see, the rcreality vid, he was going like 30 though. but im sure you still cant support the revo just because of its name. if it was made by any other brand then the whole world would love it, ah the dumb t-maxx gave traxxas such a bad reputation.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:35 AM
monst@r

1 or 2 movies don't justify that. If another person performed the same stunt, are you willing to bet that it would be the same outcome?
Old 08-20-2004, 07:26 AM
popa71

The truck is pretty durable there have been quite a few videos on the net with some major crashes with minimal damage to the truck!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:03 PM
RedDawg303

ya just ie rod ends, so far the design is proving its self, but the haters keep tryuin to make up excuses.
If another person performed the same stunt, are you willing to bet that it would be the same outcome?
yes i would, it survived for a reason.