Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Engine Problems at 1 1/2 Gallon

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Engine Problems at 1 1/2 Gallon

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM
powerade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Problems at 1 1/2 Gallon

My friend doesn't have a account and hes at my house so im posting this for him.

His S-25 out of his Savage is having problems and its only been threw 1 1/2 gallon. It is very hard to start sometimes it takes like 15-20 minutes just to get it going, but when its started it runs like new. It's not tuning issues either i even tried to get it running for him myself and i have owned nitros for over a year. Well i guess it mgiht not be an engine problem but i don't own a savage so i don't know what else it could be. But hes been using that crap Red Alert 20% recently because he ran out of O'donnel.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:53 PM
powerade

Default RE: Engine Problems at 1 1/2 Gallon

Anyone got any idea on what could be the problem?
Old 08-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

It sounds like either a too rich or too lean LSN.... If it is not that then I would blame the fuel, try usind o'donnell again.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:26 PM
creyc

I'm about 90-95% certain it's a bad glowplug or low battery in the glowplug ignitor.

Get a new plug, charge the ignitor and also the roto start batteries and give it a fresh start tomorrow. Also, to get it started you need to get fuel up and going into the engine. To do this hold your finger over the exhaust stinger and hold the roto-start button down for a few seconds till you see fuel move through the tubing and reach the carb. Hit it a tad bit more especially if it's a cold engine. Take your finger off the exhaust, put the glow starter on the engine and turn it over again with the roto-start. You may need to "blip" the throttle a little bit to get it to start, depending on needle settings.

It should fire right up as there are only three things needed for an engine to run:
1) fuel - make sure it's reaching the carb not stuck someplace in the lines.
2) compression - make sure the head screws are tight
3) ignition - replace glowplug if needed
Old 08-09-2004, 09:30 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Could be an air leak, Check the fuel line and gas tank for punctures.