Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

help...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 09:12 PM
hopesfall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help...

Alright, iv done quite a bit of research and i really love the power, agility, durability and how buggies just...fly through the air, but their ground clearance makes them much much less then ideal for bashing by me. Most monster trucks, which have adequate ground clearance are no where near as agile,powerful or graceful on the dirt. I would like something which has decent ground clearance but incorporate some of those buggy features. At first i thought, the GS SUT but i dunno about the 2 inches of clearance...can you guys help me sort this out? Id really apreciate it, u guys will surely know something that i dont, as you regulary run MT's, i on the other hand dont. Thanks for your time and patience il really apreciate it.

Ps. i do not want a mammoth.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:57 PM
creyc

Default RE: help...

I may be off but this is how I have envisioned a lineup of RC trucks from pure racing buggies to the ultra bash machine, the Savage. I'm sure everyone will disagree which is okay, this is my opinion.

From extreme to extreme:
Buggy----------GS SUT----Mammoth--------REVO--LST-----------Savage
Old 08-21-2004, 10:39 PM
ThermalRD

Ok, im gonna try to post something that will help you, without giving you a biased opinion. Here is some of the stuff i've learned from driving several buggies, and many monster trucks. You said you wanted something bash worthy, yet nimble, and controllable like a buggy. So here are some things to think about.

Nimble??? Well, to be nimble, you need the proper suspension, steering setup, and size. For instance a shorter chassis MT would be quicker in and out of turns, and have a shorter turning radius. At the same time, you will find that the SHORT wheel base is more of a spaz to control in the air on jumps (twitchy), and is harder to pull a straight line on a straight on the power. Also think about the weight of the vehicle. A heavier truck will handle rough sections better than a lighter truck (revo excluded here). On the down side of that, the heavier truck is also more likely to BREAK on impact. So keep that in mind as well. Maybe tell us if a big block, or small block is anything of preference to you as well. Honestly though, it sounds like you just need a Traxxas Revo.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:01 AM
hopesfall

I would like a revo..but its traxxas...and im definetly not a traxxas fan, not to mention the fact it comes with the 2.5 engine. I still do not grasp why they would use that thing in a monster truck...
Old 08-22-2004, 09:28 AM
ThermalRD

Well, how about an Ofna then. An MP sport? And then for more agile racing, you could outfit it with some Ofna dish wheels, and bow ties.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:30 AM
ICrashThings

thermal ya got a pic with the body off?
Old 08-22-2004, 09:39 AM
ThermalRD

Ya, all the pics are on Ofnas site. Check em out!
Old 08-22-2004, 02:08 PM
hopesfall

Didnt the mp sport have problems? Or maybe that was the original monster pirate?
Old 08-22-2004, 03:26 PM
ThermalRD

Why not just get a savage? They make tires for racing (dirt bonz). Besides, are you really gonna race at a pro level? Not sure about problems with the MP. Or buy an LST???

Matt
Old 08-22-2004, 05:57 PM
hopesfall

savages are just not...quick and nimble and the lst is friggen 600 bucks! Il look up info on the MP sport and get back to u.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:11 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

heres what you can get. its tough, nimble, and fast, dont beleive me go to ofna.com to look at the stadium blazer
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79558.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	166498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82969.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	166499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19782.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	52.0 KB