RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

sirio .27 carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 03:06 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sirio .27 carb

Anyone know where i cn get the factory settings of the LSN for the sirio.27? mine is all kinds of outa wack.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:24 PM
fastcrash

Default RE: sirio .27 carb

you dont need it, just tune the thing. set the idle stop screw to 1 or 1.5 mm. then start the engine and heat it up. then adjust the hsn first, get it to where the engine has a crisp clean sream at top speed. then richen it about an 8th of a turn. next adjust the lsn while the car is at idle,if the rpm sounds high, richen it up (use 1/8 turn increments for that engine, the carb is sensitive)if the rpm is low lean it a bit. i always set my engines a little lean on high end,and a little rich on low eng, cuz if my engine gets a little warmer than i want while racing or bashing, i can just let it idle and it will cool itself off on its own. besides, there is air flowing over the engine at high speed, to cool it down.----chris
Old 08-31-2004, 05:42 PM
mrjon53

how many turns is 1 mm? every thing was fine before i switched fuels. then i lost all control of were the lsn was even at when i started.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:44 PM
fastcrash

hold the carb closed, then eyeball a 1 mm opening in the carb
Old 09-07-2004, 05:43 PM
mrjon53

Still having trouble with engine. my next try i will get a some more glow plugs, which leads to my next question, which glowplug plate is installed when you open the box? is it the standard or the turbo thats on? still only able to get it to fire up after 20 mins of work on it. any one have any sugestions?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
fastcrash

the standard (non turbo was installed on mine) but the engine runs much better with the turbo button installed. i use rossi and sirio plugs, i'll post later and let you know which it is.and like i said in the first post that carb is very sensitive. you need only make small adjustments. good luck----------chris