Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

Old 09-01-2004, 02:08 PM
windsurfnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

Ok, it's finally time to post this experience.
I bought a P2 .21 off ebay from Larry's RC in January of this year.
When I received the engine it would not run, fuel leaking out from the bearings, enging would die, experienced hobby shop could not get it running, multiple problems.
Contacted Larry @ Larry's RC. No interest in helping me, deal with Werks.
So I wrote to Werks Racing and was told to send my engine down to them. So far, I'm not pissed off yet, I can understand a defective engine.
I had the engine shipped back to where I was on Vacation (Now April). When I received it, it was in BAD condition. The engine left me brand new, and came back so beat up (cooling head) that I did not recognize it (have pics) as well as parts missing (carb bolts and header gasket)
Called Werks again....don't beleive me, finally after lots of arguements, a new engine was to be sent after I returned the one I received.
Now here is where I made my mistake, I couldn't get time to send the engine back for about 3 weeks, as I was on vacation as well as trying to catch up when I got back.
So I sent it down and never heard a thing back. Talked to Ron (Werks Racing) in June, July, and August. Every time I emailed or left a message, no response. I had to chase him. Answer was always not in stock.
Now it's September 1st, 9 months after my inital order and I still have no engine. I'm still chasing this problem!
I can't believe this. My T-MAXX has sat on the shelf for over 9 months!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this makes it's way around and people can see the support that is offered.
I'll be sure to post the result if I ever get my engine back.
Jeff
Old 09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
windsurfnut

Default RE: My Werks P2 Experience. NOT GOOD

Update:
Shortly after my call again into Ron, I did get a call back with an explaination that the factory was on Vacation and that he would have an update for me next week. The call was sincere and apologetic. Hopefully Werks follows through. 9 Months is still ridiculas.
Jeff
Old 09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
fhm101

Gotta love the italians and their 90 day national summer vacation
Old 09-01-2004, 07:25 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

Larrys is my local hobby store and i can tell you that he did not give you a bad engine, it had to of come from the manufacture like that. I know larry and he doesnt not sell something thats a piece of crap.
Old 09-01-2004, 10:02 PM
MAXXacceleration

In my opinion this is a complete B.S. story. Werks is the best customer service company I've have dealt with. They helped me out with my OFNA P2! -with break-in procedures.
First you buy from a ebay seller(scammer middle man), to save some chump change.
Then I seriously doubt Werks is going to send you back a beat up motor. They're more professional than that.
Then you pull the 'I'm on vacation' line trying to burn Werks some more.
Sounds like your trying to scam a free motor.
Your story stinks to high hell...

My P2 Maxx rips-great motor.

EDIT: I don't believe the P2 was available in January anyhow.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:45 AM
Texdav

I once sent in a engine to the US dist and got back a completely different engine ;so it's not too ahrd to be believe . Luckily the dist made it good because appartently a guy had send them a e-mail thanking them for fixing the head he had broken fins off of but didn't understand why initals were ingraved on the bottom of the engine mounts. The guy also posted the same on their forum and I replied to the guy who offered to send me the engine. But the monitor ask me if a new engine would work. Any company can make a mistake. If it was a grey market motror that what you keep a receipt for and I've seen Larry's mentioned on many forums as a LHS that deals on EBay like so many legit dealers now days. Alot of dealers sale on EBay now days;just another on-line market place. I guess the moral of this story no delay until they don't remember talking to you but the story sounds real to me because why would anyone amke up a story of making and admitting so many mistakes. Hope you get it settled.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:34 PM
windsurfnut

F U MAXXaccelleration! Why would I make up such a story. I had one of the first P2's out there. This is my experience, so go f*ck yourself if you don't beleive me. I kept this story to off the net for 8 months in hope of a simple solution. If Werks follows through then I'll be glad to post thier credit. As far as an I'm on vacation excuse? How does that burn Werks? That gave THEM some extra time because I didn't get the engine back ASAP, which I also explained in my original post. Still, no need for this to drag on well into September now.
Ebay is an accepted medium for business nowdays, and if you can't accept that than your the loser. Distributors put policies in place to keep their products off ebay, and there are lots of Werks products out there indicating that there is little or no policy. (correct me if I am wrong).
Thanks to those you understand or have been through similar situations. I'm a sales rep at the distribution level and know how situations like this can get, but I also know how to follow up and minimize the problem. MAXXasseleration, I hope you run into problems sometimes and get screwed around, I would ceritainly make sure of it if you bought product from me!

I also don't think that Werks or Larry sold me a bum engine, just that when push came to shove, Larry's passed the buck right along..
Old 09-20-2004, 05:48 PM
mini ripper

Windsurfnut you want to chill man.
I hope you get it sorted as I went through a not to dissimilar situation with Nova Rossi when they sent a batch of 421B's out with no shims and I put the conrod through the side of the crank case.
What really gets to me about LHS they will accept no responsibility at all for faulty product and im sure that is wrong my LHS always says I'll have to send it back to the manufacturer’s and then you are with out it for weeks but they replace it anyway so why make people wait so long.

All the best

T-meker
Old 09-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Roadhog2K4

man that sucks.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:23 PM
ndeepoffroad

well, i will never buy anything from that dude.

MAXXasseleration, I hope you run into problems sometimes and get screwed around, I would ceritainly make sure of it if you bought product from me!
[&o]
wow. that was dumb.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:34 PM
binaryterror

I also don't think that Werks or Larry sold me a bum engine, just that when push came to shove, Larry's passed the buck right along..

I feel for you man, but Larry's is my Local Hobby Store and it is the best around my entire state!

What Larry's is doing is called sellers service, they turned you over to the people who make the engine. Larry's only sold you an engine, they do not claim to support or manufacture it, and therfor warranty it.

Also you should know alot of manufacturers are limiting their warranty work to having an actual receipt from a hobby store...buying on ebay is soon going to mean buying sans warranty.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:47 PM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: binaryterror

Also you should know alot of manufacturers are limiting their warranty work to having an actual receipt from a hobby store...buying on ebay is soon going to mean buying sans warranty.
[If you are buying new] That is illegal in over half of the US states and may also violate some applicable federal laws...

-EDIT-

Or I guess it could shift ALL of the burden back to the seller...
Old 09-22-2004, 07:44 PM
Spudnik

windsurf nut, have you ever been to king rc track or bellvagas?
Old 09-23-2004, 09:27 AM
fhm101

ORIGINAL: binaryterror
While a manufacturer extending a warranty only to the original retail purchaser is nothing new, if the ebay seller is a legit retailer the manufacturer would be asking for trouble to refuse a warranty claim based on the method of sale. A bonified retailer selling on ebay would be no different than the same retailer selling via a web site or doing mail order over the phone. I've made more than a few purchases from ebay retailers and have always received a purchase receipt. I would not hesitate to submit a defective item purchased from a retailer on ebay with full confidence that any warranty would be honered. Of course if you buy from an individual on ebay and a manufacturer specifies they will only warranty to the original retail purchaser you may be up the creek, but that's always been the case when buying from individuals.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:01 AM
binaryterror

You guys are right my post is mis stated meaning mis interpreted.

Buying on ebay is 50/50, if you do buy from a retailer that is approved by the manufacturer (like in this case) you have full access to manufacture warranty...or atleast the manufacturer SHOULD.

Buying from joe schmo who bought it and never ran it or maybe did includes no warranty and is considered to be sold as is (however good ebay sellers will note this!).

Larry's is a verified Picco seller...I've seen many of them in his store PERSONALLY, however Larry's is the seller and usually the seller is not involved with warranty issues ever. If you bought it in store I bet they'd offer more help like placing a call for you from their store, but not much more than you got.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:52 PM
MAXXacceleration

Just my opinion windsurfbutt. You've explained yourself guilty.
Eight months...Talk about procrastination!
Its just a weird story that, in my case, Ofna had a recall on the P2, which they took care of me immediately-like in eight DAYS, shipped in each direction.
I wasn't picking on you personally, just your story...
What comes around, goes around.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

I just wanna chime in (big surprise ).

I got my OFNA P2 'used' from a guy on the UE board. It had just come back from OFNA's initial recall, where they also installed a new piston/sleeve (and sent back the old one, which had barely been broken in...FREE rebuild kit). BTW, I paid $125 (gloat...gloat).

The engine has been a dream, once I figured it out. I can't stop it from idling...reverse kicks in whenever I want it, and it's powerful as hell.

The only issue I have is that a lotta oil seeps out in the front of the engine. I thought it might be because the carb barrel is a bit loose, but when I called OFNA, he said it's probably the front crank bearing, and he said I could send it in for a replacement any time (bearing, not the engine!).

NO receipt request, he didn't care that it's now 6 months old, and he said I could wait til it gets cold so I wouldn't lose my truck during "drive time" (though, he said it's in & outta their shop in 3 days or less!).

All I can say is GREAT engine & GREAT service. And I haven't heard anything bad about Werks, either!!

Dean
Old 12-11-2004, 10:03 AM
windsurfnut

I finally recieved my replacement motor from Werks. (Now December) It's too cold here to break in, so I really won't get to use it for another couple months when it get's warm again.
Good news is, Werks came through, and I do understand that they were backorded until now. Still unacceptable amount of time for a product to be backordered, and I don't hold Werks responisble for that.
On a lighter note, I ordered a Novarossi Top 528XSP for my Savage. That should RIP!
Old 12-11-2004, 10:05 AM
windsurfnut

Spudnik,
No I haven't been to king or belleville. Been trying to get there to check them out, just no engine or time all summer.
Old 12-11-2004, 03:01 PM
MAXXacceleration

I was harsh on my earlier posts windsurf... I hope your P2 works(Werks) out though. They seem to be problem plagued. My Ofna P2 is still a finicky tuner-but when its on there is none faster.
My next motor will be the OS-TM for a more dependable Maxx.
Good luck.