Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

4WD SHAFT KEEPS COMIN OUT. AND TUNING ADVICE

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

4WD SHAFT KEEPS COMIN OUT. AND TUNING ADVICE

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 06:50 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD SHAFT KEEPS COMIN OUT. AND TUNING ADVICE

got my mammoth back on the road today and the front driveshaft that connects to the front diff keeps commin off. i duno y, can someone help. and the mam idles for like 30sec then cuts off. temps are at 255deg. i still need to lean it out a bit. if i tuned it to the max messing around should the idle prob go away? what screws to turn the most. thanks

the engine is already broken in
Old 09-02-2004, 07:15 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: 4WD SHAFT KEEPS COMIN OUT. AND TUNING ADVICE

check the center diff dogbones and make sure u didnt put a center dogbone in the a arm... and then check the one that keeps falling out with the one on the other side.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:04 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

can u say, forgot the front bumper [:@] its on now, havent run it yet but it stops the front from swaying left and right!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:23 AM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

howd u manage that?
Old 09-03-2004, 05:31 PM
ITHURTZ
Banned

i got lock tite on part of the steering so it was a little tight. so i took it off and cleaned it up. and when i assembled everything i had no clue it was needed and didnt look any diff. til i sat down and looked up and there was my front bumper. go figure. i must be the stupidest 19yo on the block! lo9l
Old 09-04-2004, 07:52 AM
Mr. Furious

When tightening the set screw in the drive cups you need to make sure the set screw is on the flat part of the shaft. If you tighten it on the rounded part it will seem tight but will slip as soon as the drive train gets put under stress. Also take out the set screws and redo them with blue loctite. The loctite xtm uses just doesn't cut the mustard. If it's dying from idling and the temps are low it probably needs leaned out on the HSN and then get to work on the LSN. I've found that the XTM engines are a little rich on the LSN from the factory. As the car idles it loads up with fuel, bogs and then stalls. It will also stall as you begin to add throttle if it's loaded up with raw fuel. To counteract this and get it running so you can warm it up enough to tune it you can adjust the throttle trim to slowly open the throttle and get the RPM's up to keep from loading up and stalling. Remember to start driving soon after you idle it up though or you will kill your clutch. That is for a RICH condition which is what you seem to be describing. Finish leaning out your HSN and then refer to the manual for how to lean the LSN. Please, please, please make sure you're not running too LEAN before you start or the advice I gave you will be lots more trouble for you. Read up on checking the LSN tune using the pinch test etc. But you need to have the HSN set correctly to tune the LSN.

Good Luck and have fun with the Mammoth it is soooo much fun to drive that rig fast!