Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Will The Ofna Force .26 Fit In The MGT?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Will The Ofna Force .26 Fit In The MGT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 03:08 PM
rc_monster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will The Ofna Force .26 Fit In The MGT?

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone knows if a Ofna Force 26 will fit in the Monster GT as a replacement or upgrade without any modifications.

Thanks for your help
Old 09-05-2004, 07:05 PM
rc_monster

Default RE: Will The Ofna Force .26 Fit In The MGT?

How about a Dynamite Mach 26? I heard that will fit but Im not completely sure, and power wise, is the Dynamite a better engine than the Ofna Force? Laslty has anyone ever experimented with either of these engines? Anyone currently running the Dynamite Mach 26? Let me know how you would rate it.

Again I appreciate the help

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5918800054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT[/link]

A link to eBay, the Dynamite Iam planning to buy if I can find out if it fits...
Old 09-05-2004, 07:10 PM
ThermalRD

No, they are both total garbage. To put either engine in the place of that original AE .21 would be a complete waste of time. If you want similar power to the Mach .26 get an XTM 24.7 PRO. There are plenty of options, but i dont recommend any of the Force junk, or the Mach garbage.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:11 PM
ThermalRD

Oh, sorry, i didnt answer the original question. Either of those junk motors will bolt right in to the MGT. I dont advise it though.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:21 PM
rc_monster

So I take it those motors are no good huh....will a XTM 24.7 bolt right in? I was told the MAch 26 was o'right but I will take your word for it....Does the 24.7 produces a good sum of power, worth putting in?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:17 PM
creyc

The 24.7 is a good choice for your truck, I've heard nothing but good news about it and seen it on several occasions in a Savage with great performance. I'm not sure if it will directly bolt in but the Picco 26 is also a good motor choice. About as much power as the Mach but better build quality coming from a more reputable company. I agree though about the Mach 26, it is crap.

In fact it renewed my distrust in Dynamite as a company. True sign of an excellent product isn't that?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
rc_monster

XTM 24.7 Pro it is then.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:26 PM
fastcrash

thermalrd, what kind of problem(s) have you experienced with the ofna .26? i have 2 and have been extremely pleased with both. loads of torque, very reliable, and almost never need a tuning adjustment. they have turned a friends and my savages into total wheelie monsters.1/4 throttle, and the truck is on its lid, at 230 deg f. if you own one, can i help you work out the bugs?------chris
Old 09-05-2004, 11:17 PM
ThermalRD

Sorry, i do not own any of the Force engines anymore. They were actually one of my friends that keeps his trucks here, and runs nitro with me. Between his horrifying experience, and the number of horrible Force .26 engines i've seen at the track, they just arent a good choice. Thanks for the offer though.

ORIGINAL: fastcrash

thermalrd, what kind of problem(s) have you experienced with the ofna .26? i have 2 and have been extremely pleased with both. loads of torque, very reliable, and almost never need a tuning adjustment. they have turned a friends and my savages into total wheelie monsters.1/4 throttle, and the truck is on its lid, at 230 deg f. if you own one, can i help you work out the bugs?------chris
Old 09-06-2004, 01:40 AM
rc_monster

Chris,

You stated that the Force 26 is a decent motor, ThermalRD said he doesnt recommend them, says they are junk, Im just looking for a motor that will give my Monster GT some balls. Just power, you all know what I mean. Can you tell me some more about the 26's if your up to it. I guess everyone has their own likes....
Old 09-06-2004, 01:50 AM
^^_FaWaZ_^^

the best engines for the MGT are the xtm 24.7 pro, or picco 26, if theres more plz add...
Old 09-06-2004, 07:02 AM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

I have a Ofna Force .25 and a .26 as well as many other engines. I had a problem with the amount of fuel it took to break them in (about a gallon) but, once they where broke in they run great! They don't have the top speed that some of my other engines do but, they more then make up for it in the tourqe department! Would I recommend the Force engines over the XTM? No but, it's not a bad engine for the money.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:19 PM
rc_monster

Im hearing good news on the XTM, I take it that it has more power than the Ofna 26...