Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Thinkin' about MT's...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
ICrashThings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinkin' about MT's...

I have a b-day in December and i have a ST. Right now its engine is at OS getting fixed (love warranties) so im sitting here and reading about MT's. My lhs is a BIG FAN of traxxas, which is cool because they display the cars, ST's and MT's traxxas makes. they also are starting to get more Associated parts for the MGT's they sell. Which one will be more of a better buy? I drive mostly on grass and woods/water/rocks/anything. My ST(rc10gt) god bless it for putting up a beating, its starting to step aside from bashing and is gonna race next season. I mean the GT is tuff, i just want something bigger.[sm=surprised.gif]

Would a Traxxas T-Maxx or Associated MGT be better for my area of driving? I am very tuff on R/C's.(if someone says get a savage or any other type of companies truck im ignoring them because i need traxxas or associated). Which one shall it be? The ever so popular around my area T-Maxx? or the RC10GT's Brother the MGT?

Thanks for replys. Any additional information would be great.[8D]
Old 09-09-2004, 07:28 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Thinkin' about MT's...

WELL....since you like to crash things....savage is your best bet. [sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=punching.gif]
Old 09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
ThermalRD

If the T-maxx is that popular in your area, then buy that. You'll have alot of support for it, and knowledge. I've always liked Traxxas, and the maxx.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:49 PM
Kemo

Yeah, savage, nice lol! I saw a pair of those at BIR Muscle Car Shootout (drag races). The guy had a camaro, he finished 3rd in his bracket... anywho... He bought a pair of savages about a year ago, one for him and his son (how kind! Stellar christmas present). He was driving it, I overheard the cussing so I wondered over there, (no one at the track had a r/c so it suprised me, i had to go!), asked him what the problem was, he went on for about 15 minutes on how it was the biggest mistake he has ever made. He knew who I was, webmaster of my site... so he let me take them for a spin. It was cool for about 3 minutes, I was able to pick out the weaknesses. Save yourself the trouble, get something like the recently fixed LST or a traxxas truck. The main reason Savage is so durable is because its parts are as thick as bricks... i dont like driving r/c bricks.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:56 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ThermalRD

If the T-maxx is that popular in your area, then buy that. You'll have alot of support for it, and knowledge. I've always liked Traxxas, and the maxx.
Yes thats what i was thinking, but by december the owner said they will have a whole like 12 by 8ft wall dedicated to the MGT stuff. But they have more knowledge about the t-maxx...but i like how the mgt looks so im still is the grey area.[&:]
Old 09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
ThermalRD

MGT is very nice. Engine is extremely user friendly. The layout is clean, and easy to work on. You cant go wrong with either. I love maxx trucks, and the MGT is great too. Its all about the hobby, and fun. As long as its a Monster Truck!
Old 09-09-2004, 08:27 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

ICrashThings
werent u thinking about the TNX for a long time?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:29 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: tamiyakid08

ICrashThings
werent u thinking about the TNX for a long time?
yea, until i found out i will most likely be breaking parts left and right and its more convinient to have them only 6 miles away then to wait a week for them to arrive.[&:]
Old 09-10-2004, 06:34 AM
^^_FaWaZ_^^

Which one will be more of a better buy? I drive mostly on grass and woods/water/rocks/anything.
trust me the MGT is the king of those area's
Old 09-10-2004, 08:09 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

ICT,
Faced with those two choices, I'd go with the MGT
Be true to your school, You Love AE don't you?

Also, if you start racing the GT, you'll want to race the MGT too sooner or later
it's a lot less work get a MGT race worthy than a T-maxx

Better get a job
Old 09-10-2004, 09:29 AM
popa71

I would go with the Revo. If your hobby shop stocks Traxxas, it wont be long before they a lot of Revo parts and support to follow!!!!!!!
Old 09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: scale_only_4_me-RCU

ICT,
Faced with those two choices, I'd go with the MGT
Be true to your school, You Love AE don't you?

Also, if you start racing the GT, you'll want to race the MGT too sooner or later
it's a lot less work get a MGT race worthy than a T-maxx

Better get a job
yea, i heard about its cheaper to make it racing ready then a t-maxx. I want to race my GT because around where i live ppl race them as if it was a cult(and i want to be a member[&:]). I might want to race a MT, i dont know yet.