Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

I'm A New R/C Driver w/ a CEN MT2..I have a problem...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

I'm A New R/C Driver w/ a CEN MT2..I have a problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 04:47 PM
ndeepoffroad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm A New R/C Driver w/ a CEN MT2..I have a problem...

I just bought a CEN MT2 on Friday, and I have broke it in and everything. Today i took it out to drive it and once it was started, I gave it a little gas and it shot off like a rocket.[X(] I couldn't steer it, stop it, and I didn't catch it until it had hit a parking curb and flipped over. It broke the round things off on the front diff that hold the drive shaft in (the collar looking thing on either side of the diff) and scratched the pi$$ out of my body (not a big deal).[:@] Anyway, now I need to find out how to fix the diff collars (if they can be fixed) and why it just went nuts..?? I have the remote set up right, I know this because I drove it all weekend. I also have the batteries charged all the way because they were on charge all nite (like 15hrs).

I am really upset right now because my truck is trashed already, and I haven't even drove it that much.
Old 09-14-2004, 05:04 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I'm A New R/C Driver w/ a CEN MT2..I have a problem...

sorry to here it kinda sucks
Old 09-14-2004, 05:05 PM
KICKINDIRT

If your talking about the diff cups there held in with allen screws if thats not it if you could put up a picture i can look at mine and try to talk you through it . it went crazy because the reciever lost power or the signal. try a failsafe there worth there weight in gold. if you cant put up a pic try describing it a little better
Old 09-14-2004, 05:09 PM
ndeepoffroad

Man, thanks for the fast response. I like this site already. I am taking the truck to the hobby shop where I bought it to let the owner look at it. He can get me the parts, then if I can't get it working I will post some pics and let you guys help me out. I'll let you know how it goes about 9:15 or so when I get out of class. (i am in college). I am leaving to go the h.s. right now.

Thanks again!!
Branndon
Old 09-14-2004, 05:12 PM
KICKINDIRT

No problem dude i always try to help out. You will love that truck i have one that is a couple years old and it is awsome and dependable rarely broken down talk to you later
Old 09-14-2004, 06:42 PM
Element

Yep you broke a diff cup wich is the weakest part on the truck there are mdos that make these thign stronger.

Like KICKINDIRT you need a failsafe the stock radio sucks so a failsafe is pretty much a must.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:39 PM
sbb4us

If bonified5 is ever on ask him i bash with him an he has broke darn near every part on it but that truck is pretty tough his friend crashed full speed into a curb an broke nothing (ask about the diff cup mod it will save u mucho diner (much money) you will break em all the time if u dont do it. Hope this helps (can someone tell him bout the diff cup mod i dont kno enough about it somethin with brass tubin around the diff cup)
Old 09-14-2004, 09:29 PM
KICKINDIRT

I havent heard about that either so if anyone knows PLEASE post it.this truck is badd to the bone for sure . I bash with my buddies W/ t-maxxs and savages all the time and i dont do bad ,sometimes i can even take them in a drag race .The only problem i have is getting parts none of the hobby stores carry them so its a good thing it doesnt break often.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:35 PM
ndeepoffroad

I definately want know about the upgraded diff cups. I bought the replacement cups today at my local hobby shop (they sell tons of CEN parts, that seems to be their brand, but they do have lots of other brands and thier parts). The ones I bought were 4.99 for both sides, which I didn't think was bad. I just have to put them in now.

If anyone knows of where I can get the upgrades please let me know!!
Old 09-15-2004, 06:58 AM
nitromacguyver

before you go bashing, epoxy some short pieces of 7/16 brass tubing around the diff cups, it will reinforce them so they wont break again do a search on "cen mt2 diff cup fix" here in the forum and you will find several posts on this little modifacation. good luck and welcome.
Old 09-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Element

First of all this cant fix diff cups, only prevent them from ever breaking again so you need to start with 4 good diff cups.

Buy a piece of 7/16 diameter brass tubing

Cut off 4 pieces that are 1/4 inch long.

Get some aluminum foil, tin foil or some thing that is similar to that.

Cut 4 strips that are 1/4 inch wide and about 6 inches long.

Wrap one strip around a diff cup and take one of the pieces of brass tubing and try to fit it on.

It probably wont fit so remove one turn of the foil and try again.

Repeat this until the brass piece fits over the foil.

Incase you are wondering, you need the foil because the diff cup is a little smaller than the brass tubing on the inside and the foil takes up that little bit of space.

After the brass piece fits over the diff cup and foil and is not loose, put a couple drops of thin CA glue (tire glue, superglue) on it and let it sit for about 5 minutes while the glue dries completely.

Repeat for the other three diff cups.

The last thing that you need to do is file down the little part of the shock tower that is near the diff cup. This is necessary because the now slightly larger diff cup needs a little more room.

Once you do this, you cups should be bullet proof... , it worked for me, I have never once broke a cup because of this idea.
Good luck (Credit to - nitromacguyver edited by Sweetshoes90210)
Old 09-15-2004, 07:16 PM
KICKINDIRT

thanks for the info i'll try it on mine and let you how it works out thanks again
Old 09-15-2004, 08:56 PM
ndeepoffroad

I did it to mine, but i didn't use the foil....oops, i think it'll still work. Haven't tested it yet.