RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

newbie help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 02:37 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie help needed

so the last RC toy I had was an RC10 with a graphite chassis and I though I was so cool (to years ago BTW)

Now I think I want a gas truck, I went to the hobbie shop and saw a nice looking TSL losi truck which is the most expensice but had a nicer radio. I liked the revo, seemed to be a good starter package and well priced. The Savage seemed ok as well....there are so many, and so many little things I dont know what to look for being new to gas. I know some have starter boxes, some glow plug things arent needed they are built in. What do I look for and what should I look for as far as future hopups.

So you know I like the 4wd cars the best cause they are faster and still go offroad, but everyone as of late is saying to get a truck and they are fast and you can get them low enough to not flip all the time.

what do you think....help a newbie out

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:31 PM
G1GY

Default RE: newbie help needed

I think the Losi truck talking about is the LST. Try doing a search on all of these trucks here and get all the info you can. If I where to give my opinion (Savage!), someone else will just ring in and tell you that truck A (Savage) is way better than truck B (Revo for example pupose's here!) The flame war would start here!

BTW elite, welcome to the forum.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:52 PM
elite
My Feedback: (2)

the more i read, i think ill get the revo. I like then all...they all have their advantages...but to jump into the lst when i dont even know if ill use it all the time is sorta silly. its better, the hardware/radio but its not like the revo wont do well. it seems to be reliable, thats what i want being a newbie

ill look at the savage again...someone by my house had one though and I didnt like hot tippy it seemed. also the revo doesnt need a glow and starter at the same time, has some sorta thingy for heating the blow plug (sorry for the ghetto terms, i dont know whats what yet)

thx..
Old 09-17-2004, 06:52 PM
oatmealman
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

you mean the ez start lol just helpin
Old 09-18-2004, 09:05 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing that eliminates the glow starter is just sort of like a spark plug wire, but it only heats the glow plug when you have the easy starter connected that heats the glow plug the engine fires and runs on compression wich keeps the glow plug hot. I have mixed feelings on the easy start. I personally unhook that wire to the glow plug, and use a seperate glow plug igniter. The other thing is to keep your the battery pack in the hand held starter well charged or you'll be cussing like crazy. I often find i need to loosen the glow plug a little to fire the motor, and then tighten it. thats why I like a seperate glow plug igniter it makes it easier. The revo would probabally be better because it is lower slung and would not tip as easy, but the savage is tough, and rugged. The LST has a lot of bugs to work out I own it the savage, and the revo is coming, it was shipped on sept 17th.