Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Mxracer45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Savage TVP copy?

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: caseyddr

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

hmm, much stronger. why? why is the TVP setup stronger than the singel plate setup?

tim
its not, its an opinionated and bias statement by him. Its the design in the truck not the chassis that leads to a stronger overall setup.
because nothing breaks.
Maybe you want the picture again....
Old 09-19-2004, 01:49 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: Tnx_4_life

hmm, much stronger. why? why is the TVP setup stronger than the singel plate setup?

tim
its not, its an opinionated and bias statement by him. Its the design in the truck not the chassis that leads to a stronger overall setup.
because nothing breaks.
Maybe you want the picture again....
[sm=lol.gif]
Old 09-19-2004, 01:55 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

THat picture is a crash picture... it is not showing the vetical flex while bashing/racing. The Up and down flex on my T-maxx would strip spur gears because of the movement between the motor and trans. You truckdid not bend vertically.... Did it?
Old 09-19-2004, 02:05 PM
Acs_guitars

WOW!... I just realized how Off-topic this thread has gotten (my fault)... Lets keep it on the truck in question.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:37 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

WOW!... I just realized how Off-topic this thread has gotten (my fault)... Lets keep it on the truck in question.
Your comparing real scale vs a toy. The fact is if an RC Crash is going to bend the single flat plate design, IT WILL BEND THE TVP DESIGN, and seriously, how often do you see a chassis bend in to a U shape, never.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:40 PM
ICrashThings

Your comparing real scale vs a toy. The fact is if an RC Crash is going to bend the single flat plate design, IT WILL BEND THE TVP DESIGN, and seriously, how often do you see a chassis bend in to a U shape, never.
A full U? Never, a almost full U yes i have.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:45 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

We are talking monster trucks, not a RC10GT :P

Also, hes saying "bashing and racing conditions" where its virtually impossible to even bend the chassis like hes saying, unless done on purpose.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:09 PM
porcelainvortex
My Feedback: (1)

okay i you guys have made me ask, cause no one else has.
how in the heck did you get that savage to bend like that????????
i mean holy cow!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 04:20 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: porcelainvortex

okay i you guys have made me ask, cause no one else has.
how in the heck did you get that savage to bend like that????????
i mean holy cow!!!!!!
You smash it head on into a brick wall at 40mph! (or in my case, a propane tank)
Old 09-19-2004, 04:27 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: ICrashThings

We are talking monster trucks, not a RC10GT :P

Also, hes saying "bashing and racing conditions" where its virtually impossible to even bend the chassis like hes saying, unless done on purpose.
Heh, well i have seen a T-Maxx's chassis get into a U shape but wasnt fully there. i ask what happened and he said "I hit a tree",,,lol
Old 09-19-2004, 04:33 PM
Acs_guitars

The physics do not change no matter how big or small, just the size of components. Trust me... Structural engineering is kinda my field of work. Also your comment neglets that I said I was not talking about a crash situation. I have also seen a t-maxx bend into the "lucky" horse shoe. Anyway.... LETS GET BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC PLEASE!
Old 09-19-2004, 05:50 PM
hatebreed76

man i have been reading this forum for awhile now..... you ppl need to get a grip with the clone stuff.

you might as well say ford is the same as chevy cuz they both have frames.

unless you have some secret new type of frame for a vehicle, then yes, duh, they are all going to look like clones.

guess i'll go yell at my mom, since her new car has a unibody chasis, just like my jeep grand cherokee
Old 10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

The trinity spyder looks kinda disproportionalized[&:][sm=bananahead.gif]from my standpoint tires look bigger than the rest of the body least i think thats what it is.. But its not a clone, Its more or less a Frankenstein
Old 10-12-2004, 02:44 PM
hyper7

ORIGINAL: oatmealman

ya you guys think every thing is a clone of a savage,what a revo a defiantly a clone of the the savage,the warhead a clone,hehehehe i neeed to get a life,wait a trinity a clone hehehehehehehehhe,clone clone clone clone clone clone no more clones[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][&:][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=bananahead.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][&:][&:][&:][&:]
Well, to say a Revo is a clone of a Savage is Blastphemy! My point is HPI had the first TVP MT and now that it has been out long enough other companies are copying the design. The same thing happened with the T-Maxx and RC10gt.
Probly metioned already but i didn't feel like reading through 3 pages of crap. HPI did NOT create the first tvp mt it was Kyosho with the mad force. so every savage owner should be thanking kyosho for helping to advance the mt market.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:26 PM
creyc

It's a TVP copy but not a Savage copy. The twin vertical plate design isn't patented or copyrighted by anyone specific company, simply because that's too broad of a concept.

This new truck isn't a copy off the Savage, but you can be sure the design of the Savage influenced the creators in designing this truck. It's taking something that exists and making your own to overcome where the others fall short. If that means utilizing a TVP construction because it better suits your application then good for them.

As for that fuel tank, it is most likely so long and shallow to keep fuel pressures more level throughout the amount of fuel remaining, ensuring the fuel mixture doesn't change as it gets near empty. This is a common problem with today's monster trucks and can be recognized by the truck getting much more lean towards the end of the tank. The lower the fuel tank the less this is noticed.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: hyper7

Probly metioned already but i didn't feel like reading through 3 pages of crap. HPI did NOT create the first tvp mt it was Kyosho with the mad force. so every savage owner should be thanking kyosho for helping to advance the mt market.
As I have already said in every single argument this is brought up in.... The kyosho was a completely different use of TVP's. They had a TVP ladder chassis which the Savage is not. It is the Use of TVP's that is the same in the new trucks. Read the whole thing and then post. I am Sick of all of this Savage "clone" stuff. People won't recognize a similarity of basic design in the TVP trucks that are just now hitting the U.S. market to the Savage's basic design. The mounting of components is similar, the suspension set-ups are similar, the Savage was the first TVP with independent suspension. That is wht is meant by "clone", not that it is a blatant carbon copy, but that they are similar. I started this thread as kind of a joke to the Moderate StudySession. I was glad when if faded away after a few days... As the person who started this post, I ask, please don't write in this any more