Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Team Trinity "Nitro Spyderâ„¢"

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Team Trinity "Nitro Spyderâ„¢"

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2004, 03:04 AM
ruide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Trinity "Nitro Spyderâ„¢"

Trinity 1/7 Nitro Spyder RTR Monster Truck!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42189.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	175489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54323.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	175490  
Old 09-21-2004, 01:43 PM
Mr. Furious

Default RE: Team Trinity "Nitro Spyderâ„¢"

Looks neat but when are all these US companies going to quit rebadging overseas cars and trucks and selling them as their own?

Look familiar?

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=18895

It's been around in europe for awhile.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:24 PM
BAP 62

How long has this been out in Europe? Just got some specs on the " Nitro Spyder". They are claiming 3.5 HP, 48,000 RPM, 55 MPH out of the box!
Old 09-21-2004, 03:32 PM
binaryterror

Plus it looks like DuraTrax is going to be selling the same truck with a few differences...
Old 09-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Mr. Furious

Dunno how long. I saw it at least in the spring. Maybe even last winter. I cruise a lot of overseas sites looking for rare Mini-Z stuff and found it in my travels.
Old 09-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Mr. Furious

This one here looks vaguely familiar too....

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFun...n&ItemID=16676

I just can't place it
Old 09-21-2004, 03:49 PM
ICrashThings

That tank still has me laughing...lol...
Old 09-21-2004, 04:11 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: CONN

How long has this been out in Europe? Just got some specs on the " Nitro Spyder". They are claiming 3.5 HP, 48,000 RPM, 55 MPH out of the box!
BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are just made up numbers. NO .25 is gonna put those kinds of specs out. Especially with such a small cooling head!!!!

This truck is made by Flying Point i believe ( thanks for contributing that Boss ).

BT, this truck and the duratrax are totally different. If your going by just tvp's by all mean's yes, but in this case, by all mean's no.

Also, whats up with the HB Dirt Demon stock tires? Heh.....

The street price is around 800 i think i heard, and at tower supposed too be around 700... TALK ABOUT A RIP OFF!!!!
Old 09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
Mxracer45

Other things i don't like-
Small shocks,small air filter, shocktowers, buggy bumpers, how small the roll bar is and how it doesn't protect the head, how little space and how cramped between the 2 plates are, fuel tank , and the small body. I'm also wondering why its being called a 1/7th when about the same size as LST. I'd have my money spent elsewhere on much more quality stuff. SAVAGE.

I also dont like how trinity kept the stock motor from Europe in it. They have all these bad ***** engine's they're making... Why not throw one of those bad boy's in there?

Don't be offended by my post's, there just my opinion on things.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:24 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mxracer45

BULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are just made up numbers. NO .25 is gonna put those kinds of specs out. Especially with such a small cooling head!!!!
What scientific method did you use to come up with this hypothises? You needed my help taking your cooling head off so how do you figure you know enough to post something like this?

What does the size of the cooling head have to do with RPMs and HP? If thats the case i wonder how the TRX dishes out 43,000 RPM.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:36 PM
BAP 62

Don't know what to say, these are the specs that Trinity gave me. They said that it is their engine based on a Siro design. Can't be any worse then the LST, look at how they used the first 2000 or so people who got their trucks to test them to find out what the bugs where.[:'(]. As far as the price, if you are on good terms with your LHS you can get one right, I have one coming for $510.00.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Mr. Furious

It's obviously just a rebadged import made by whoever but....This truck has been out in circulation overseas for awhile so a lot of the bugs and growing pains are probably worked out with it. That will be a huge benefit that the big crop of LST and Genesis owners DIDN'T have. They let the folks across the pond test it for the weak points before bringing it to the US so we could have the benefit of the later production vs. early production trucks.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: CONN
55 MPH out of the box!
If that statement is true, those huge tires add good speed too it. It's making me think though, 55 mph is with big tires and tall gearing. This truck probably wont have good acceleration if that statement is true..........
Old 09-21-2004, 05:37 PM
Mxracer45

Hmm, just checked stats at trinity's website. The length of this truck is 20.5", which is actually smaller than a savage, and they're calling this a 1/7th truck..
Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

That puts it in with the T-maxx supermaxx chassis. Only 1/10th scale!
Here are the pics of this truck that I got from Trinity.

Name:	Vt56834.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	175646   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51700.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	175647   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10684.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	175648   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dx66843.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	175649  
Old 09-21-2004, 10:57 PM
icenutz

There is zero protection for the engine cooling head!!!!!

Name:	Bz77519.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	175732  
Old 09-22-2004, 07:52 AM
Mr. Furious

I would say the tires and wheels are maye 1/7th scale but I would say the rest of the truck is in the neighborhood of 1/9th scale.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:09 PM
porcelainvortex

towerhobbies has changed their price, it has gone down from 742.99 to 529.99
i wonder if it will get any lower.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Muswagon

The UK name of Zircon also had the Quake trucks and the Axis buggy. I am quite surprised that Trinity and Duratrax are both rebadging this truck, at least Duratrax made some nice changes, and didnt just relabel. Rebadging is nothing new, OFNA doesnt make anything themselves, it is the biggest rebadging racket around (Hong Norr and Ho Bao). AE rebadges the Thunder Tiger truck and call it a MGT. Hot Bodies rebadges a few manufacturers. It is no different in real cars, its just alot more obvious in RC's. Trinity has never made anything themselves, why would they start now? Why set up a shop, tooling, etc, when you can just distribute someone elses truck? The less actual manufacturers there are, the more effecient it is overall, and the cheaper the trucks are for us I guess
Old 09-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Mxracer45

ORIGINAL: TNX

The UK name of Zircon also had the Quake trucks and the Axis buggy. I am quite surprised that Trinity and Duratrax are both rebadging this truck, at least Duratrax made some nice changes, and didnt just relabel. Rebadging is nothing new, OFNA doesnt make anything themselves, it is the biggest rebadging racket around (Hong Norr and Ho Bao). AE rebadges the Thunder Tiger truck and call it a MGT. Hot Bodies rebadges a few manufacturers. It is no different in real cars, its just alot more obvious in RC's. Trinity has never made anything themselves, why would they start now? Why set up a shop, tooling, etc, when you can just distribute someone elses truck? The less actual manufacturers there are, the more effecient it is overall, and the cheaper the trucks are for us I guess
Duratrax did not rebadge this truck. The design is totally different. The only thing similiar is that they both have tvp's.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:51 PM
califax

The LST will be doing circles around this truck. I mean how many Savage look alikes can we possibly have. I would have expected more from Trinity.
Old 09-23-2004, 01:32 PM
speed lives

The LST will be doing circles around this truck. I mean how many Savage look alikes can we possibly have. I would have expected more from Trinity.
How does this look like a Savage? I cannot find one peice on this truck besides the CVDs that are simaler to a Savage, Still the CVDs arent the same there totaly redisigned. So i guess according to you any truck that uses TVPS is a copy of a Savage?

Well if you want to do circles around this truck with a LST you better make sure theres no rocks or bumps around cause you might brake a CVD or dif case.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:07 PM
califax

How does this look like a Savage? I cannot find one peice on this truck besides the CVDs that are simaler to a Savage, Still the CVDs arent the same there totaly redisigned. So i guess according to you any truck that uses TVPS is a copy of a Savage?

Well if you want to do circles around this truck with a LST you better make sure theres no rocks or bumps around cause you might brake a CVD or dif case.
Tell me HPI, it appears attention to detail is something your unfamiliar with. First of all "simaler". Second "redisigned". Ever heard of the Genesis, Raptor, and Warhead? The Chassis "design" is basically all I am bugging about.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:10 PM
MrSavage

that is by far the worst looking monster truck i gave ever seen!
Old 09-23-2004, 07:15 PM
speed lives

Tell me HPI, it appears attention to detail is something your unfamiliar with. First of all "simaler". Second "redisigned". Ever heard of the Genesis, Raptor, and Warhead? The Chassis "design" is basically all I am bugging about.
You said "Look alikes" not "look completly different but both have TVPS". Sense you pay so much attention to detail can you name 3 parts off that truck that are the same as a Savage? Well i have a Savage and i cant. The TVPs dont count, if you call TVPS copying the Savage then you gotta say that every single monster truck that has a flat pan is copying the T-maxx. Do you own a Savage?

Yea as a matter fact i have heard of the Genesis, Rapter, and Warhead.. Whats it to you? Now the Rapter is what i call a Savage clone.

This truck has different shock towers, different role bar, different radio box set up, different bulk set up, doesnt use the secondary skid design, different bumpers, different wheels, different suspension arms, different exhaust pipe, different engine, different gas tank, different shocks, different knuckles, Yea you get the point. It looks completly different then a Savage too, i would never mistake that truck as a Savage.

So now i got 1 final question for you, can you explain this for me? How dont i pay attention to detail?? "it appears attention to detail is something your unfamiliar with"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.