Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Your opinion! Best stock racing MT?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Your opinion! Best stock racing MT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 07:16 AM
RCBasher99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your opinion! Best stock racing MT?

what about the mammoth it a good truck nice and durable for the times you cant go to the track. and plus it is realy fast out of the box.

that my pick for a truggy.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Sypro

I think rcu should have a stock race with the mammoth, t-maxx, revo, lst all the other popular mts and see who wins.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:14 AM
Stevecut

Your first post sounded as if you thought this was the only reason the Revo was doing well (because of Slayden) and that's simply not the case.
If it sounded like that it's not what I meant, I don't think it's the only reason that the Revo is doing well but I do believe that a good driver with a bad truck will outperform a bad driver with a good truck. Try saying that ten times. Certain people will brag about how a certain truck won this race and that when the real hero would be the driver.
I am the only one at my local track that race a T-maxx with the standard TRX2.5, the other T-Maxx's are powered by a Sirio.18 and another by an OS.21, another about twelve others have Savages. Chances are that more Savages take wins than a Tmaxx, does it mean that a Savage is a better racer, I don't think so, in fact most of the time it's either pure bad luck or the dreaded TRX2.5 over heating (in summer). Now that the weather is getting cooler I give anybody a run for their money, as far as handling and cornering in tight turns the Tmaxx remains the king (vs the Savage). Sadly or should I say gladly I will replace the TRX (second piston/sleeve/rod and 14 gallons through it) this weekend with the OS.18.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
insanerc
My Feedback: (15)

Stevecut, I agree with you that in most cases a better driver with a worse truck can and will still win. It's a shame Slayden can't drive six trucks at the same time then we would know, lol.

I ran my Maxx with the 2.5 for a while and then with the Sirio .18 so I know where you're coming from. I also have two Savages in the house now, one is my son's and one mine. You are right that it's almost impossible to get a Savage to handle a turn like you can get a Maxx to. But along with this I must add that the Savage is more stable over rough high speed sections and jumps due to it's longer wheelbase and taller suspension.

I know we are gettin off topic here but I'm going to go ahead and mention this while we are on the subject. Depending on what fuel you use you should try Byron's oil additive. It will help your engines run cooler and longer in most cases.

Now, back to the topic, lol!
insanerc
Old 09-30-2004, 10:54 AM
snortonLSTrules

That does not say anything that was the only three trucks racing. It's called the crap class.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: snortonrustler2020

That does not say anything that was the only three trucks racing. It's called the crap class.
RTFA buddy...it was the unlimited class...so there could have been LST's and Mammoths and even Truggy converts, infortunately though Traxxas is too limited on the details of the competition.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:01 AM
snortonLSTrules

Here for the revo lovers http://rdracingproducts.com/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86806.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	178215   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86273.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	178216