Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Rear Diff. stripped out of revo 12th tank?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Rear Diff. stripped out of revo 12th tank?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:16 AM
rozzibandit
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Diff. stripped out of revo 12th tank?

My rear diff stripped out of my revo on about the 12th tank. Just when it was running perfect too. This happen to anyone else? Traxxas is replacing it for free for me though , so they some good people with great product support. Where do I get SHIMS to shim my differentials? Anyone know because I can't find them?
Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 AM
jucara

Default RE: Rear Diff. stripped out of revo 12th tank?

your revo comes factory with extra shims in the box. along with your tool kit, and airfilter etc
Old 10-04-2004, 12:37 PM
rozzibandit

Yeah it came with air filter longer rockers , long springs, hollow balls, and shims for the suspension. However, there no differential shims whatsoever with this kit.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:39 PM
waterbug1999

I went out and bought some and put 3 on to tighen up the slack alittle and it worked for about half a tank then it started screwing up again.
Have you guys found anything noticalby wrong when you took apart the differental? I took the one out of the front just to drive it and it too stripped out about 2 tanks later. So, now i have 2 messed up diffs... Going to send them to Traaxas and see what they say. They are more then willing to work this out.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:36 PM
ThermalRD

Thats odd man. I had run a gallon thru my Revo without problems. After that i took out the diffs, and shocks for some track tuning. Both diffs were great. I took it back this past Sunday and ran for about 4 hrs that day. Still no problems. I have the rear diff out right now to put different weight fluid in it. Everything seems ok.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:41 PM
rozzibandit

what fluid are you putting in it. I jusy bought 50,000w gonna see how that works out?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:10 PM
ThermalRD

It really depends what you are doing with the truck. I had 10k in my rear, with 3k up front. It was too much in the rear. Im bringing it down to 7k. I noticed right away that my back tires would both spin, and the backend stepped sideways a little. I had no problems controlling it on the track, but im backing it down for better control. This truck is just really light, and doesnt need the real heavy fluid. 50k seems VERY heavy to me.

ORIGINAL: rozzibandit

what fluid are you putting in it. I jusy bought 50,000w gonna see how that works out?
Old 10-31-2004, 07:58 AM
bman1104

hello im just about done with my first gallon of fuel through my revo.... this truck is awsome!.. unfortunatly i have been hearing a clicking noise more and more when coming to a hard stop on high traction surfaces.. i found out its my front diff, i can lift one front wheel of the truck and turn it and hear the clicking noise... guess i gotta take it apart... has anyone else had a prob w/ the front difff??
Old 10-31-2004, 08:34 AM
cendude

Traxxas knows of the problem and it sounds like it was just 1 batch that the gears were made wrong. Just give them a call and they will take care of it for you.