Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Moving from Electric to Nitro

Old 10-04-2004, 12:37 PM
addicted to rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving from Electric to Nitro

I have been running rc cars for about two years now, and have always had electric,Stampede, Evader, 4-tec. I would like to move to a T-Maxx and was wondering if anyone has any opinions on whether nitro is more difficult to run and maintain than electric or do the longer run times make it worth the effort. Also any tips about moving from electric to nitro would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
Rex2342

Default RE: Moving from Electric to Nitro

Nitro is a little more complicated than electric. It's not just plug and play.I know you can also tune Mod motors and other things with electric but with nitro everything affects how they perform.Weather plays a big role with nitro.Temperature affects how the car runs and the carb will need to be adjusted if the temps have changed dramatically since your last run. Also nitro makes a mess!! LOL Unburnt fuel and oil will get everywhere!! The extended run times are nice but it's the sound of nitro is what makes it all worth while!! There's just something about hearing that little engine scream to 30K RPM's that make me smile every time!!! I've run electrics but I can never get enough nitro!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:02 PM
SaV. BriT

I have only been in the rc game for about 3 months. I started with a electic traxxas stampede, and I have very recently purchased a savage 25. The only thing I can say is I will never go back to electric. Once you get the needles set correctly tunning is not that hard, and like rex said, they do make a mess. (From what I have read on this forum) the t maxx is harder to tune that some mt's. I highly suggest going to nitro. One other thing, if you like to modify and upgrade rc's then nitro is the way to go. I relized that nitro vehicles have an unlimited number of hop ups and ubgrades that really add allot of interest to the hobby. Just keep some electric cars around for when you don't want to annoy your neighbors.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:20 AM
lstman

i made the swich myself a few years back myself. nitro is alot more fun. i would start out with the savage. i started with the t-maxx"s. went through 2 of those. there are alot of mads for both trucks. but for sheer bashing and learning how these things work, the savage is the way to go. the t-maxx engine can be real picky sometimes. and alot of stuff breaks right out of the box.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:01 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

a tmaxx is could for a new nitro person. it isnt the best for quality like LSTMAN said. i have found the TNX has been easy for me to break in, and now includes a tuning dvd witch might come in help after break in. the revo might have a tuning dvd (dont realy kno)
Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 AM
lstman

the t-maxx came with a dvd also. what they didnt tell you though is that if you hit anything bigger than a pebble your gonna snap the bulkheads. and those high quality driveshafts wear out after about every gallon of run time.