Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

moving up,and finding out what i forgot

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

moving up,and finding out what i forgot

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 10:10 PM
hairball6767

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moving up,and finding out what i forgot

ii would like to buy a monster truck , had a clodbuster as a kid now im 37 and wow things have changed since then. but im not sure where to start , can any one help me on pros and cons , im looking at revo or mad force. they both look like the are great trucks. money not really and issue, so can i get an opinion from people who have owned or own these trucks, thanks,
Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 PM
Carnutz68
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: moving up,and finding out what i forgot

The Revo is very sweet just looked at one at LHS today, dont own one but i did own e-maxx & t-maxx was told the revo is even better.
Welcome back to RC, things have changed for the better
Old 10-08-2004, 02:46 AM
neil.jb

revo is very nice, a friend of mine just bought one and i really like it,
Old 10-08-2004, 05:43 AM
lstman

there are alot of great trucks out there. i guess it depends on what your going to do with it . track racing or back yard bashing? if you want straight out balls, the 1/8 scale buggies rock. the sportwerks mayhem,losi's. ect...
the monster market has tons of trucks each with there own pros and cons. ive had 2 t-maxxes, a 1/10 nitro buggy, and of course this...
Old 10-08-2004, 05:46 AM
lstman

the losi L.S.T 600 BUCKS WITH THE JR XS3 fm radio. of course i might be a little one sided on that one.lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71330.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	180681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16953.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	180682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66693.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	180683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74171.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	180684  
Old 10-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Carnutz68

lstman= Does the losi come with better servos than tmaxx(needed upgrade stering servo for tmaxx)
Tell us about your losi Durrabilty-Power-Radio-ect. Not heard much about them only in magazines.
Thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 09:48 AM
lstman

ok.. well the traxxas servos are the 2055 servos. they are junk!!!! even the new revo has them(2). the losi has the metal geared servos. i think they are 85 in.lbs. each. they have pretty fast speed. but the difference has to be felt. this truck as big as it is has an unbelievable turning radius. concidering the tires it has also. no prob turning the tires at a dead stop left to right through the entire turning range. the losi is 13lbs also. the radio is the jr xs3. fm. 30 channel! i have a rechargable pack in mine also. its easily a $150.00 radio. you get it with the kit. the revo and the t-maxx have the same old tq3 radio. am. junk.the whole truck is a good deal. it has some bugs. losi is giving free updated parts also. check ouy the losi super truck forum. there are alot of people thet dont like the losi. not sure why but they have there reasons. thats just my take.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:28 AM
tristy

lstman your forgetting about how much it breaks! Just thought id point that out.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:35 AM
lstman

all the things that broke were defects. all replaced for me free from losi. new truck. bugs needed to be worked out. and if it doesnt cost me anything than im ok with it. the updated parts have fixxed this truck. all new kits will be equipt with the new parts. what else ya got? the losi and the revo are both new trucks. do the research on both. look through forums and you can make an educated guess.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:15 AM
speedy_moe

Between the 2 find out wich one your local hobbie shop carries and get that one. I made the mistake of not doing that and now any time I get a part I have to wait at least a week to get it in and if you buy one part you pay alot in shipping.
Old 10-08-2004, 11:29 AM
lstman

hopefully you dont base your decission on lhs parts avalability. any lhs should carry both. im in the sticks of maine and i have 2 shops within 100 miles.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:11 PM
Pinolelst

ORIGINAL: tristy

lstman your forgetting about how much it breaks! Just thought id point that out.

MAn mines been tumbled diagonally at 30 mph. backflipped off jumps and generally put through the wringer and I haven't broken anything yet with about 1/2 gallon of fuel so far.I know my 1/10 scale electric cars woulda been dust by now.[:@]

Peace [8D]
Old 10-08-2004, 02:55 PM
KiwiJoe

Hairball - I'm similar to you I'm 32yrs now and had an electric buggy - wildone, as a kid. Three months ago I bought a Tamiya TNX and luv it! I would recommend it as the best truck for you. Its built tough, is a breeze to work on thxs to its open layout, and the OS engine is a dream to tune. In fact I tuned it in a few mins and havent touched it since. It has no real "bugs" like most of the ohter trucks either. Just get some decent shocks and a failsafe and your good to go. Of course you can spend extra $ on a new body, tryes etc like me and pretty much every1 here

Old 10-08-2004, 06:13 PM
popa71

I would go with a Revo!!!!! Its more durable, its faster , has less issues, and all around its a better truck. If you want to change the radio thats up to you but the standard equipment works just fine.
Although parts do not break often you will find most hobby shops have the parts for a quik fix over the counter!!!!!!!!! Plus the third party support will be incredible!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97730.jpg
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	180799   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34316.jpg
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	180800   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47917.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	180801   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ib83110.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	180802  
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Carnutz68

lstman Thanks sounds like a great truck,glad to see something with good upgrades already in the box
Old 10-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Roadhog2K4

you looked at the savage yet?
Old 10-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Tnx_4_life

savage isnt tghe easiest truck to take apart. if u wanna get out the radio box, whole tvps have to go, and then the rest must disasembeld aswell...
BUT the truck is very good, i have a tnx and i recommend it. I wouldnt say revo is a bad truck. Nor the mad force. The only thing i dont like bout the mad force is its bumpiness, it seems like the shocks are pieces of wood to me. I think a good starter is the tnx but since u want to chose between revo and mad force go with revo. Its good truck, i love the shock layout! but its your choice. I prefer the tnx

Tim

PS: if u want info u can always PM me!
Old 10-11-2004, 02:52 PM
devious1
My Feedback: (15)

I would have to say go with the revo but i would wait for a lil while still kinda on the new side its smaller than i though it was going o be if you want to be big go raptor
Old 10-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Tnx_4_life

Its more durable, its faster , has less issues, and all around its a better truck
just like the shock ends right? I think u should get what ur LHS supports. Id got with the savage or tnx. They have the least probs out of the box(so far i know, just tell me if im wrong.) and i think thats the easiest for getting back into it. I have only broken parts because how i drive. I hit a jump with only the right front arm, i thopught the shocks and shocktower would be toast, but it only seemed to be 2 shock ends

Well whatever u chose, u will be happy with it . All the trucks out there re definatly good(EVEN THE REVO, just kidding guys)

Tim
Old 10-11-2004, 04:58 PM
lstman

if you want no probs out of the box and a strong rig... you cant go wrong with a 1/8 buggy. i have seen them things do things that would total a mt. they are unreal fast and there design is almost unbreakable. especially the new ones. the sportwerks mayhem is crazy! ofna buggies. then you can get crazy and get into kyosho and the top end ones. i have yet to see a major problem with those.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:10 PM
BAP 62

We have T-Maxx 2.5, Nitro Rustler, Revo, X-Terminator, LST, XXX-NT Sport and Mammoth due this week. Of all of them I feel the LST is the best. It has all kind of power, speed and handles VERY good. I have never had mine out of high range and have a hard time keeping it on all 4 wheels. Now if you want REAL power get a FG Marder or Leopard, 1/6 scale with 26cc 3.9 HP 2 stroke gas engine, they are nuts. Hope this helps.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 PM
HelicopterPilot

revo very reliable truck no issues at all at least with me and if there are traxxas will certainly help you out