Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Minis, Minis Everywhere...Which One??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

Minis, Minis Everywhere...Which One??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minis, Minis Everywhere...Which One??

Thanks in no small part to their relentless RCU banner attack, I've been gearing up for the Mini Quake for a while. But now I see Kyosho's coming out with a Mini 777 BUGGY, and I'm getting a little torn (see [link=http://www.one18th.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=152]this[/link] a GREAT mini-truck resoruce!!).

Add in Trinity's Itsy Bitsy Spider, Associated's RC18T (basically a 4WD Mini-T) and god know's what else, and my head's starting to spin. I guess it's really down to the Mini Quake & the Kyosho (I know it'll end up a lot more $$$!!), as I want something that's close to a true mini E-Maxx (why are you napping, TRAXXAS [:@] )or a mini-1/8 scale buggy that I could "get truggy with it". I have a Mini-T, and the Associated & Trinity offerings are too close. The Tamiya's are to vertical/slow/crawly, and Venom's MiniGiant scare me with it's wire-melting super-hot motors & expensive hopups.

What's on YOUR Holiday lists?? Any RCU employees/mods get MiniQuakes to play with...it looks like you've become tight w/Duratrax

Dean
Old 10-14-2004, 10:10 AM
binaryterror

Default RE: Minis, Minis Everywhere...Which One??

I think the ASSOCIATED RC18T will be on my XMAS list this year. I am beginning to like AE again, so this will be a good one. The Mini-Quake is too plasticy and likely not supported by anyone but DuraTrax. The AE one should get all the aftermarket help like the Losi Mini-T.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Nitro MT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As of now a Revo is on my list. I might change my mind after this weekend at the hobby show in Chicago.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:33 PM
ThermalRD

Ya, lots of mini's out now. I like the itsy bitsy spider, and the AE truck. I almost bought a mini-t too. Then i saw the AE. Now im more confused. Maybe i just need another monster truck....
Old 10-14-2004, 01:52 PM
Deandome
My Feedback: (1)

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens to the Mini-T. It looks like it'll go from "only game in town"/LEADER to "has-been" in the blink of an eye!!

The AE & Trinity models are basically 4WD Mini-Ts (STADIUM TRUCKS)...just shunken XXX4s, and I think they're BOTH gonna be cheaper than Mini-Ts!! As I have a Mini-T, that makes them undesirable to me, but great options for others.

Duratrax really hit the mark with what I'm looking for, but that Kyosho buggy has me thinkin' BAAAD thoughts!!

Dean
Old 10-14-2004, 07:06 PM
tamiya08
My Feedback: (10)

the kyosho mini-777 was sopposly going to be with a small nitro motor.... they changed there plains and went eletric tho.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:24 PM
kaymin

well, I'm probably gonna go with the duratrax becuase the mp777 is a WHILE off and i can collect money by then but has anyone seen the new xray m18t??? go to teamxray.com and click on new xray!! its a nice treat but i'm hungry for more info!!!