Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

GENESIS Final Verdict.

Old 10-17-2004, 03:27 PM
QUESTO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GENESIS Final Verdict.

So after all the wait,all the care packages,and all the frustrations.......What do u think of ur Genesis?
Did it worth all this?
Old 10-17-2004, 04:58 PM
808rcguy

Default RE: GENESIS Final Verdict.

Sold my Genesis just today and got me a savage instead...I needed more play time than down time..I thought about selling it for awhile and when someone gave me an offer I just sold the damn thing.. Heres my experience after just 7 tanks..(not even broke in yet)..3rd tank the Cen failsafe didnt work, 4th tank the steering servo didnt work but still completed the 7tank break in but couldnt really drive and tune because of the servo.. The radio looks really cheap, during break in all servos were glitching, Idles very high even if I try to use the idle screw, dies out when I trigger the brakes, had to rebuild shocks because truck is heavy 17lbs when I hold the truck down it just stays down..So went with the SAVAGE (the desin of Gen kinda looks like the savage) instead because of above said and parts available...

Old 10-17-2004, 05:08 PM
QUESTO

Good move.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:10 PM
nitromacguyver

probably the only good thing that came out of it was a 046 sized engine that was designed for rc trucks as opposed to a converted heli/plane engine.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:57 PM
nd2xlr8

The .46 gen and the .46 truckzilla both have almost equal horsepower and torque ratings. What does it mean when you say one is tuned for a truck and one is a converted heli engine? One may trace its lineage back to ringed helicopter engines but both are tuned for a truck.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:15 PM
raykessler

rpms and the ranges are different. Im not sure how their different, but im guessing that heli engines give a big spike in rpm's in a short time, while truck engines have more of a slope.

If they werent different then there wouldn be different engines for different things

and Horsepower ratings are comletly irrelevent, only pay attention to RPM and torque, HP is just to brag to ur friends who don know anything bout RC
Old 10-17-2004, 07:57 PM
cfrage

So far I love my Genesis, only thing thats gone wrong was my fault. My only issue is the crappy radio it comes with, so I bought an Mx3 FM. Oh, and the servo glitch was fixed by removing the failsafe (that failed on me anyway, go fig). All and all, a good truck that has takin a hell of a beating.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:01 PM
nd2xlr8

I still don't understand, because the rpm's are the same as well. About 25 to 26 grand apiece. ???
Old 10-18-2004, 09:22 PM
tomandemmy
My Feedback: (1)

I had 2 genesis sold one but had minimal problems.I love em.People without problems rarely post its those with problems that fill up the boards.THanks for posts
Old 10-18-2004, 10:08 PM
badboy-ya
My Feedback: (81)

Well guys i like the genesis alot an have had nuthen go wrong with mine,lots of power an fun to drive an looks hot hot.have fun in the dirt guys
Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 PM
eternaldragon

i have a 2nd batch genesis and i havent had any real problem yet i've run 8 tanks including break-in.
here is what i have done so far.

rebuilt shocks with 20wt and 30wt oil installed the #3 shock pistons removed the o-ring's and used nylon pluming tape around the threads instead know more leaking shocks.

removed the stock radio gear and installed my futaba R113iP 1024 pcm receiver and my futaba fp-t3pb transmitter still running the stock servos for right now.

installed the hardened machined gears right when i got it.

sealed the bake plate and carb with silicon gasket maker.

made sure all screws that thread in to metal had thread lock on them.

replaced the stock cen glow plug it was dead out of the box with an os a8 plug.

my button head stripped out when i was replacing an old 0s a8 plug after brake in so im waiting to see if my lhs can get it it's been about 2.5 weeks this wednesday.

but on the 8th tank before the glow plug died it was running great.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
erh110

Anybody got any videos of the Genesis? I'm interested to see it in action. Some actual bashing and not just running up and down the street or whatever.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:41 AM
ShOzz

i'd like to hear how the 4 wheel steering worked out as well as see some vid on a track.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:12 AM
motorpsycho502

ORIGINAL: 808rcguy

Sold my Genesis just today and got me a savage instead...I needed more play time than down time..I thought about selling it for awhile and when someone gave me an offer I just sold the damn thing.. Heres my experience after just 7 tanks..(not even broke in yet)..3rd tank the Cen failsafe didnt work, 4th tank the steering servo didnt work but still completed the 7tank break in but couldnt really drive and tune because of the servo.. The radio looks really cheap, during break in all servos were glitching, Idles very high even if I try to use the idle screw, dies out when I trigger the brakes, had to rebuild shocks because truck is heavy 17lbs when I hold the truck down it just stays down..So went with the SAVAGE (the desin of Gen kinda looks like the savage) instead because of above said and parts available...

The Idle screw on the carb is actually a idle stop so that it does not kill the engine when applying the brakes, your actual idle speed is the trim on the transmitter, ideally these two should be set the same so that when applying brakes it does not slow down the engine, or speed up when releasing the brakes. What I do is hold the brakes on and turn the idle stop screw for desired idle speed, then release brakes and adjust the trim on transmitter for the same idle speed.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:39 PM
ndeepoffroad

I am lost. SOme say Genisis sucks donkey balls, some say they are kick ass. I would think the people w/out problems wouldn't post b/c they don't need to ask what is wrong. The people with problems are going to exaggerate b/c they are pissed about spending so much money.

I like my MT2, so I might just go w/ the Genisis for my next MT.

I like the 4ws and the big motor as well.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:51 PM
st1badbrd

I'll put in other terms for everybody.. some say Chevy sucks and some say Ford sucks , so which is better ?????

ORIGINAL: ndeepoffroad

I am lost. SOme say Genisis sucks donkey balls, some say they are kick ass. I would think the people w/out problems wouldn't post b/c they don't need to ask what is wrong. The people with problems are going to exaggerate b/c they are pissed about spending so much money.

I like my MT2, so I might just go w/ the Genisis for my next MT.

I like the 4ws and the big motor as well.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
MrSavage

i remember when my savvy looked like that! i miss those days!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:40 AM
808rcguy

Heres a Vid I found..Its not in the track but its a start.

.http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=40675
Old 10-21-2004, 06:37 AM
erh110

Nice vid. Now lets see some bashing!!!![sm=devious.gif]
Old 10-21-2004, 08:23 AM
toto67

I if won't rain this weekend monday night a nice video (I hope[8D]) will be ready to be watch!!!