Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

What kind of engine would be best for racing and bashing. Hi hp or reliability with slighty lower H

Notices
RC Monster Trucks Discuss rc monster trucks in this forum

What kind of engine would be best for racing and bashing. Hi hp or reliability with slighty lower H

Old 10-19-2004, 05:56 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What kind of engine would be best for racing and bashing. Hi hp or reliability with slighty lower H

What do you all think, a truck equipped for racing and bashing, but would i be better off with a high horse finicky motor, like the picco .26 can be at times, a good old reliable stock OS .21. Does hp actually win more races at the track all things being equal, except for drivers or will the lower hp motors with a good driver be in the hunt for the win.

The thing is all of us are guilty at looking at the horsepower numbers, just like when a guy looks at an average babe compared to an extrordinary babe, which are you better off with!!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:09 PM
fastcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What kind of engine would be best for racing and bashing. Hi hp or reliability with slighty lower H

picco .26. finicky? i have to only tune mine maybe once a day, and then its good for the whole day. it makes lots of power and runs at 200 to 210 all day long. until yestreday when i found the sleeve was chipped, it had a perfect history of giving me absolutley no $h1t! this a great engine,and its cheap BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Kemo

Default RE: What kind of engine would be best for racing and bashing. Hi hp or reliability with slighty lower H

ORIGINAL: silverman1

The thing is all of us are guilty at looking at the horsepower numbers, just like when a guy looks at an average babe compared to an extrordinary babe, which are you better off with!!
None, u just need one for the night. Anywho, you want to race? OS has a new engine that is the fastest .21 on the market: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF0&P=ML downside is that its 300 bucks.
Old 10-20-2004, 03:46 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: rccars411
Anywho, you want to race? OS has a new engine that is the fastest .21 on the market: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGPF0&P=ML downside is that its 300 bucks.
I wouldn't say that. The OS team didn't fair well at the Worlds, but RB Concepts did very well!
Old 10-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Kemo

Actually it is the fastest engine, doesnt mean you will be the fastest on the track. The OS team just needs some work, but otherwise, in the rest of the 1/8th buggy racing, you see the 777 on top with this engine. Heck even RCCA deemed the OS the fastest .21 available.
Old 10-20-2004, 04:06 PM
binaryterror

ORIGINAL: rccars411

Heck even RCCA deemed the OS the fastest .21 available.
LOL no...an Rody (RB Concepts) or Collari Modified engine will easily beat out an OS VZ-B, but the problem is you believe a magazine who will not test RB engines and actually AirBrushed out the RB logo on the engine in all the XRAY XB8 SNEAK pictures a while back.

RCCA is biased. I will say the OS is a great engine, but you can not say the fastest with the Likes of the RB WS7II, RB C5, Collari .21's, JP Modified engines, or even TOP engines all which get little to no respect from most of the Magazines....why? because they are harder to get and less known.